logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hide Gamespy account

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metagamer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 21:42    Post subject: Hide Gamespy account Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

I want to know if there exists some plugin that is able to activate/deactivate the possibility to see the gamespy account of a player in game.
This could be really useful for masked/hidden thief or killer that do not want to show their identity.

I already implemented a new system of "Dynamic Names" based on nwnx_names but it is still weak if account name is visibile Smile

I checked nwnx_events and nwnx_chat and nwnx_visibility but no body of them is doing this job.

If it does not exist, can somebody drive me how to make this extension? (maybe for nwnx_chat)
Baaleos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

nwnx_fixes allows you to disable the playerlist.

It means no players will be able to see any other players in the player invite screen, or in the player list on the join screen.

With nwnx_chat - you could potentially hook the chat event, before the message is delivered, and replace the senders name with something like ??????.
If it takes an object ID, you could change the object ID to an NPC's or objects. Thats basically how the /vent command works.
metagamer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baaleos wrote:
nwnx_fixes allows you to disable the playerlist.

It means no players will be able to see any other players in the player invite screen, or in the player list on the join screen.

With nwnx_chat - you could potentially hook the chat event, before the message is delivered, and replace the senders name with something like ??????.
If it takes an object ID, you could change the object ID to an NPC's or objects. Thats basically how the /vent command works.

This is a good way to solve the problem in case we talk about the channel 'tell' (Private Message).

However, let's think about the channel Talk.
I am talking and what I said is appearing on the top of my character.
I could potentially substitute the "speaker" with an invisible object.
I would face 2 problems:
1) what I said appears on the top of the invisible object and not on the top of my character (that looks so bad)
2) If the object is invisibile, I would see the text only on the chat bar.

I notice that when we use "PlayVoice", actually we have the behavior that I would like to have (people can't see my gamespy account with a click on the portrait in the chat bar).

Any ideas?
Another way would be to create a plugin that does it.
The problem is that I do not understand how you guys are able to hook the event.

There is some guides about "How to create NWNX hook?"
virusman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

The client knows all account names (it receives a list of all logged in characters & their accounts when entering the game & also receives new names+accounts when they join). So you need to modify that data, that way the client will still translate names to PlayerIDs when talking to the server, but the names will not correspond to real account names.
virusman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

More specifically, you need to hook these two methods:
CNWSMessage::SendServerToPlayerPlayerList_All(CNWSPlayer *)
CNWSMessage::SendServerToPlayerPlayerList_Add(unsigned long, CNWSPlayer *)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: