logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plugin & Script Request: OnAttack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
virusman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 22:53    Post subject: Re: RE: DETERMINING WHO ATTACKED FIRST (PVP, etc.) - linux n Reply with quote

jec2 wrote:
virusman wrote:
Ok, I'll add these two events to the top of my NWNX todo list, but don't expect it to be done in the next 2 weeks.. I just need a little break from NWNX, scripting, etc. to give more time to RL and my PW development.
P.S. Are you talking about NWN1 or NWN2?

havent seen much on this.. prolly just not seeing the right posts for info, but was this done then? with latest plugins, is it possible to determine who attacked first??
thanks...
jec.
Please read all pages of this topic and not just the first one.
Yes, this was implemented in NWNX Events.
jec2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:44    Post subject: Re: RE: DETERMINING WHO ATTACKED FIRST (PVP, etc.) - linux n Reply with quote

virusman wrote:
jec2 wrote:
virusman wrote:
Ok, I'll add these two events to the top of my NWNX todo list, but don't expect it to be done in the next 2 weeks.. I just need a little break from NWNX, scripting, etc. to give more time to RL and my PW development.

havent seen much on this.. prolly just not seeing the right posts for info, but was this done then? with latest plugins, is it possible to determine who attacked first??
thanks...
jec.

Hey, I know this isn't fully resolved yet.. but was thinking.. those attacked get chat logs.. someplayer did this much dmg..
doesn't matter how there attacked, it shows in chat log.. cant that be hooked?... then when one gets that chat, see if attacker has same chat log of attack, therefore seeing who attacked who first?? maybe im simplifying it too much, but we physically can see who attacked first.. seems to me, anything we can see physically, can be done through code.. i mean, otherwise there wouldn't be so many space probes.. Smile..
is there a way to hook chat for dmg?? and see if attacker has same at that moment, thereby determining who attacked who first????
We have tried to stop effy killing in pvp, as its no contest.. I mean, if an effy attacks an imp, they should die, but if an imp attacks an effy, well, just not cool.. especially if they do it over and over.. drives players away.. this would help that.. as punishments could be enforced..
thanks..
JEC..
virusman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:36    Post subject: Re: RE: DETERMINING WHO ATTACKED FIRST (PVP, etc.) - linux n Reply with quote

jec2 wrote:
Hey, I know this isn't fully resolved yet.. but was thinking.. those attacked get chat logs.. someplayer did this much dmg..
doesn't matter how there attacked, it shows in chat log.. cant that be hooked?... then when one gets that chat, see if attacker has same chat log of attack, therefore seeing who attacked who first?? maybe im simplifying it too much, but we physically can see who attacked first.. seems to me, anything we can see physically, can be done through code.. i mean, otherwise there wouldn't be so many space probes.. Smile..
is there a way to hook chat for dmg?? and see if attacker has same at that moment, thereby determining who attacked who first????
We have tried to stop effy killing in pvp, as its no contest.. I mean, if an effy attacks an imp, they should die, but if an imp attacks an effy, well, just not cool.. especially if they do it over and over.. drives players away.. this would help that.. as punishments could be enforced..
thanks..
JEC..
Why would we need this kind of workaround when there is an attack event hook?
jec2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 17:49    Post subject: Re: RE: DETERMINING WHO ATTACKED FIRST (PVP, etc.) - linux n Reply with quote

virusman wrote:
jec2 wrote:
thanks..
JEC..
Why would we need this kind of workaround when there is an attack event hook?

Well, from what I'm told, it doesn't always work, esp for spells, and feats like curse, etc.. that's what i was told anyway..
milliorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:07    Post subject: Re: RE: DETERMINING WHO ATTACKED FIRST (PVP, etc.) - linux n Reply with quote

virusman wrote:
jec2 wrote:
virusman wrote:

thanks...
jec.

scarface wrote:
My server kept crashing with this plugin, and I figured out why... The actual events plugin doesn't crash when loaded, but the modified nwnx-module.dll plugin does, when i load the modified version my server will crash after a few event calls, with the original it doesn't crash at all, but then it doesn't work either so I guess it could be either one, can you check it out vman, cheers.

Correct, I'm the author of this thread, an we gave up after if you read Scarfaces post, the plugin works, but it crashes the other plugins after loading. Yes it works for Linux, but honestly, so what...we originally asked for Windows. No we are not porting over to Linux. No we are not going to use NwNXalt(as fabulous as it is, it's Linux). Maybe something can be done now that the final patch has been released.

Sorry, but maybe you should read the topics also...it clearly states this was broken an never worked properly an was abandoned.
jec2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:17    Post subject: Re: RE: DETERMINING WHO ATTACKED FIRST (PVP, etc.) - linux n Reply with quote

milliorn wrote:
virusman wrote:
jec2 wrote:
virusman wrote:

thanks...
jec.

scarface wrote:
My server kept crashing with this plugin, and I figured out why... The actual events plugin doesn't crash when loaded, but the modified nwnx-module.dll plugin does, when i load the modified version my server will crash after a few event calls, with the original it doesn't crash at all, but then it doesn't work either so I guess it could be either one, can you check it out vman, cheers.

Correct, I'm the author of this thread, an we gave up after if you read Scarfaces post, the plugin works, but it crashes the other plugins after loading. Yes it works for Linux, but honestly, so what...we originally asked for Windows. No we are not porting over to Linux. No we are not going to use NwNXalt(as fabulous as it is, it's Linux). Maybe something can be done now that the final patch has been released.

Sorry, but maybe you should read the topics also...it clearly states this was broken an never worked properly an was abandoned.

Looks like your responding to the wrong post.. i made that post a long time ago.. and it was already responded to.. this question was about the hooking of battle chat to determine who attacked who first.. a work around, for which i was asked why, as there is already an on attack, to which i responded.. but none of that was in your last post.. sorry, and dont take this the wrong way, but maybe you should take your own advice, and read the posts too.. just a thought.. anyway..
thanks..
jec.
milliorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um..maybe you should read V's post about why you would want to do such a thing..when it's already done....

OK, fine I wont stick up for you either good luck Evil or Very Mad
jec2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

milliorn wrote:
Um..maybe you should read V's post about why you would want to do such a thing..when it's already done....

OK, fine I wont stick up for you either good luck Evil or Very Mad

Huh?? i wasn't attacking you.. if anything, you attacked my legit question, and then got mad when i called you on it.. i meant no hard feelings..lol.

Anyway, based on misinformation from posts, just wanted to clarify, i am referring to a Linux plug, or the altering of current Linux plug..
we use Linux server..
Thanks..
jec...
milliorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, some communication is going awry here. Point in what he said was that your asking(we think)to circumvent the fact the limitations of the event (spells for example) and the fact that last we know is that after Scarface tested things, it was broken for Windows.

I don't take it as an attack, sorry it came out even remotely like that. I'm not very diplomatic sometimes Wink But honestly your request is somewhat asinine attempt to circumventing the initial request of this plugin.

However since you use Linux, I'm really lost (like Virus) why you would want this when spells are to be spellhooked for example.

Anyhow, all apologies...
jec2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

milliorn wrote:
Look, some communication is going awry here. Point in what he said was that your asking(we think)to circumvent the fact the limitations of the event (spells for example) and the fact that last we know is that after Scarface tested things, it was broken for Windows.

I don't take it as an attack, sorry it came out even remotely like that. I'm not very diplomatic sometimes Wink But honestly your request is somewhat asinine attempt to circumventing the initial request of this plugin.

However since you use Linux, I'm really lost (like Virus) why you would want this when spells are to be spellhooked for example.

Anyhow, all apologies...

Hey, no problem Smile, I probably didn't give enough information with my post.. Anyway, there is already an OnAttack event as Virusman pointed out.. But i was told it works like 75% of the time/cases/type of attacks, and since we'd be handing out punishments for effy killing, based on its accuracy, we just cant use it. But still would be nice to have, so i asked about that battle chat workaround, and if that couldn't be a way to get 100% accuracy for all types of attacks, and at all times, in determining who attacked who first in pvp.. ..
jec.
virusman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

jec2 wrote:
Hey, no problem Smile, I probably didn't give enough information with my post.. Anyway, there is already an OnAttack event as Virusman pointed out.. But i was told it works like 75% of the time/cases/type of attacks, and since we'd be handing out punishments for effy killing, based on its accuracy, we just cant use it. But still would be nice to have, so i asked about that battle chat workaround, and if that couldn't be a way to get 100% accuracy for all types of attacks, and at all times, in determining who attacked who first in pvp.. ..
jec.
As far as I know, there are 2 types of attacks: physical attack and hostile spellcast.
Physical attack is hooked in NWNX Events
Spellcast is hooked with spellhook
Set up these two event handlers and you've got a system that can tell you who started the battle.
Fireboar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about AoE spells though? I guess you could re-script them but do they count as hostile spell cast, since the target's actually a location?
Asparius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. What about attacks like supernatural abilities (dragons breath etc)?

2. Does NWNX Evenst for Windows server exists? I mean working version ...
Fireboar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asparius wrote:
2. Does NWNX Evenst for Windows server exists? I mean working version ...

No, only the beta which is limited in functionality is available at the moment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: