logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX 1.09 - Notes/Documents??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PNJ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far so good, working with your 1.10a, all the the plugin pre & post 1.08 are working.

I have not encounter any issues. Nwnx top notch like that Smile

Question about the sco/rco, is it capable of more object types storage, or just the OEI one (items & creatures) ?
Lugoun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

virusman wrote:
nwnx_sql.erf released with NWNX4 1.09 is outdated. The correct file can be downloaded here:
http://data.virusman.ru/nwn/nwnx4/nwnx_sql.erf-1.09.rar

Thanks for the updated file.... any chance that in the future, an updated nwnx_sql could be noted with a real 'last modified' date? The current version says last modified 9/12/2006 same as all my other version Smile
virusman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lugoun wrote:
virusman wrote:
nwnx_sql.erf released with NWNX4 1.09 is outdated. The correct file can be downloaded here:
http://data.virusman.ru/nwn/nwnx4/nwnx_sql.erf-1.09.rar

Thanks for the updated file.... any chance that in the future, an updated nwnx_sql could be noted with a real 'last modified' date? The current version says last modified 9/12/2006 same as all my other version Smile
The file in this archive was modified on 27.01.2008.

PNJ wrote:
Question about the sco/rco, is it capable of more object types storage, or just the OEI one (items & creatures) ?
No, it's limited to the functionality provided by the original OEI functions.
Lugoun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone help me with the correct MySQL commands to create the right table for pwobjdata?

I am inexperienced with SQL and so would prefer the exact commands on how to do this. For example, I have used the following command to create pwdata:

CREATE TABLE pwdata (player varchar(64) default NULL, tag varchar(64) default NULL, name varchar(64) default NULL, val text, expire int(11) default NULL, last timestamp(14) NOT NULL, KEY idx (player,tag,name))

Thank you.
Xildjian

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lugoun wrote:
Can someone help me with the correct MySQL commands to create the right table for pwobjdata?

I am inexperienced with SQL and so would prefer the exact commands on how to do this. For example, I have used the following command to create pwdata:

CREATE TABLE pwdata (player varchar(64) default NULL, tag varchar(64) default NULL, name varchar(64) default NULL, val text, expire int(11) default NULL, last timestamp(14) NOT NULL, KEY idx (player,tag,name))

Thank you.

Look at this thread:
http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1134&highlight=blob
Lugoun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finally gotten around to updating to 1.09 and everything seems to be working spiffy, however I have noticed a new message in my xp_mysql.txt file:

Code:
NWNX MySQL Plugin V.0.0.9
(c) 2007 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon)
(c) 2008 by virusman
visit us at http://www.nwnx.org
(built using mysql-5.0.27 source)

* Log level set to 1 (only errors)
o SCO located at 5e7120.
o RCO located at 5e6d70.
* Hooking successful
* Connecting to server (edited)
* Plugin initialized.
* Registering under function class SQL

I am not sure that the following entries mean:
o SCO located at 5e7120.
o RCO located at 5e6d70.

Any information as to whethe this is something I should be concerned about and/or what it is would be appreciated.

At this time, I've only set up nwnx, I have not yet imported the .erf 's into the module, nor have I updated the mysql table with the new table for pwobjdata.

Thanks,

Last edited by Lugoun on Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:01; edited 1 time in total
Zebranky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fine and expected. Those are the hooks for SetCampaignObject and RetrieveCampaignObject, which allow for persistent object storage.

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
12o

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 19:16    Post subject: NWNX4, MySQL document Reply with quote

I just sent a document I've been working on the past few days that I feel might help people with the 1.09 version of NWNX4 and setting up to MySQL 5.1. As I found problems, I wrote them down for future use and thought it might help the NWNX4 team a little bit.

I sent it to the info a t stiegerhs.de email address from the contact page. Is that the proper email address?
jec2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:41    Post subject: Getting errors... Reply with quote

getting these errors..

NWN Extender 4 V.1.0.9
(c) 2008 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon)

* Loading plugins...
* Loading plugin xp_chat.dll: Successfully registered as class: CHAT
* Loading plugin xp_functions.dll: Error. The plugin is not compatible with this version of NWNX.
* Loading plugin xp_leto.dll: Error. The plugin is not compatible with this version of NWNX.
* Loading plugin xp_mysql.dll: Successfully registered as class: SQL
* Loading plugin xp_time.dll: Successfully registered as class: TIME
* General protection fault error dialog disabled.
* NWNX4 activated.

here are the logs (from the plugs that do log)

NWNX4 Chat Plugin V.0.3.6
(c) 2005-2006 by dumbo (dumbo@nm.ru)
(c) 2006-2007 by virusman (virusman@virusman.ru)

* Log level set to 0 (nothing)
ChatFunc found at 0x433580
RunScript found at 0x74d7d0
GetPCobjByOID found at 0x4532e0
Chat function is hooked.
* Plugin initialized.

NWNX MySQL Plugin V.0.0.9
(c) 2008 by virusman
(built using mysql-5.0.27 source)

* Log level set to 2 (everything)
o SCO located at 5e7120.
o RCO located at 5e6d70.
* Hooking successful
* Connecting to server localhost
* Plugin initialized.
* Registering under function class SQL

NWNX Timer Plugin V.0.0.2

* Plugin initialized.

Also using LetoScript.dll
Any ideas?.. thanks..
JEC.
virusman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use this build:
http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=9520#9520
jec2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

virusman wrote:
Use this build:
http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=9520#9520

Would, if i could.. but i dont see a exe, or dll there, save the dev hook file .. already using that dev44 hook.. or what ever it was.. can i ask a favor?.. weve recently given an older ver of cwl(nwn1) to a keeper, who is running it(as it seems to be dying).. we're looking to run a cwl nwn2 mod.. we are totally commited to this.. i recently upgraded the server.. we have someone working on areas, and our best coder on the code.. can u help us get this started?.. ive looked at nwn2 servers.. nothing much there.. we hope to make a presence.. we are going with the gold edition (nwn2 and mask of the betrayer xp..).. need somehelp getting it up.. hope u continue your nwnx4 efforts.. for now, really need your help..
so, other ideas on prob????
thanks..
P.S. NWN1 is dying.. slowly but surely... new OS's are on the virge, no updates will help.. windows 7 is about to happen.. nwn2 is the only viable nwn available (barring a nwn3).. please put your efforts back into the nwnx4.. we (at cwl(Chaotic World, also known as Chaotic World Legends))) have abandoned nwn1 for the most part, because it is dying..
please concider that and work on the future.. we need a real working nwnx4 and plugs.. be nice if we had a funcs port too.. but its getting harder to even find a copy of nwn1 in stores anymore.. we lost huge numbers from our base.. and it wasnt just from changes.. nwn1 is dying.. please help us make nwn2 something worth playing. i also wonder, what happens to nwnx.org when nwn1 is history, and no nwnx4???? by the way, 64 bit is becoming the way OS's are going.. i am currently running vista ultimate 64bit, tho even nwn2 and nwnx are running as 32bit, but something to concider for the future, i think.. the biggest reason there arent enough nwn2 servers out there ( i believe) is because there is lil nwnx support for it at the moment.. older devs have lil options to work with.. also, if there ever is a nwn3, you better bet that nwn2 plugs and nwnx4 will work better with them, and be easily tweeked to work, compared to nwn1.. nwnx4 should take full precadence, i think..
Please work on nwnx4 and plugs (leto, functions , funcs etc..).... help devs make something of this crappy ver of nwn (lol)..

thanks..
jec..
virusman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're definitely not using -dev44, otherwise you would have this in your log:
Code:
NWN Extender 4 V.1.1.0-dev44

Download this
http://data.virusman.ru/nwn/nwnx4/nwnx4_hook-dev44.rar
and replace the existing NWNX4_Hook.dll with the one from this archive.
virusman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

jec2 wrote:
P.S. NWN1 is dying.. slowly but surely... new OS's are on the virge, no updates will help.. windows 7 is about to happen.. nwn2 is the only viable nwn available (barring a nwn3).. please put your efforts back into the nwnx4.. we (at cwl(Chaotic World, also known as Chaotic World Legends))) have abandoned nwn1 for the most part, because it is dying..
I disagree.
Right now I see the following numbers on Gamespy:
Code:
12. Neverwinter Nights
670 servers, 2756 players
26. NeverWinter Nights 2
199 servers, 816 players

It was around 2500 a year ago, so I don't see any decline in the numbers.

Quote:
please concider that and work on the future.. we need a real working nwnx4 and plugs.. be nice if we had a funcs port too..
A NWNX4 port of Funcs is highly unlikely. It would require a lot of time and effort to port this plugin.
Quote:
i also wonder, what happens to nwnx.org when nwn1 is history, and no nwnx4????
NWNX4 works perfectly on NWN2 and it is supported by developers. What are you talking about?

Quote:
by the way, 64 bit is becoming the way OS's are going.. i am currently running vista ultimate 64bit, tho even nwn2 and nwnx are running as 32bit, but something to concider for the future, i think..
There is nothing wrong with apps working in 32-bit mode on 64-bit OS when they really don't need 64-bit. Anyway, this is a question to OEI, not NWNX.

Quote:
the biggest reason there arent enough nwn2 servers out there ( i believe) is because there is lil nwnx support for it at the moment.. older devs have lil options to work with..
NWNX4 has full basic functionality: database support (MySQL/SQLite/MS SQL), object storage (SCO/RCO), Chat hooks, Leto. There are also NWN2-specific plugins: xp_bugfix, craft, character, system, etc.
This covers more than 95% of PW needs. If you need something specific, feel free to post in the Wishlist thread.
jec2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

virusman wrote:
You're definitely not using -dev44, otherwise you would have this in your log:
Code:
NWN Extender 4 V.1.1.0-dev44

Download this
http://data.virusman.ru/nwn/nwnx4/nwnx4_hook-dev44.rar
and replace the existing NWNX4_Hook.dll with the one from this archive.

that worked, thanks Smile
P.S... I might have overstated things. think i was just frustrated cause it seemed difficult to locate the plugs for nwnx4 , and to get it to work properly.. maybe if links to all good plugs and nwnx4 (and newer hook) were all on one page(like downloads), it might be easier for devs.. Iguess thats what i meant..
anyway, thanks again Smile
jec.
virusman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

jec2 wrote:
P.S... I might have overstated things. think i was just frustrated cause it seemed difficult to locate the plugs for nwnx4 , and to get it to work properly.. maybe if links to all good plugs and nwnx4 (and newer hook) were all on one page(like downloads), it might be easier for devs.. Iguess thats what i meant..
anyway, thanks again Smile
jec.
Yes, I'm going to make the list of all available plugins with links, just like I did with NWNX2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: