logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX Events
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
virusman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short answer: yes, there are 'official' symbols for nwserver.exe, they're just not embedded in the .exe itself. Contact me or any other NWNX developer to get them.
Regarding the Win32 version of Core-2.8 NWServer API: as far as I know, MaxRock already has something similar in his nwnx_funcs plugin.
Zebranky

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for nwmain.exe. I've had your PM sitting in my inbox for a few weeks, just forgot to reply. I'll email you shortly.

As far as building up an infrastructure comparable to what the Linux version has, I would love that, but I'm not particularly interested in doing that work. Smile If you are, go for it!

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
motu99

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I am still interested in the symbol tables (for nwserver.exe and nwmain.exe, if you have them). Sifting through the code of the Linux and the Windows version is becoming somewhat boring and tedious (although it was interesting to see the different optimization strategies of the Windows and Linux compilers).

I would be willing to work on an api for the windows version.

api in this context means:
(i) *.h files for all relevant nwn-structures and -classes, including member function prototypes and
(ii) *.cpp files for all relevant nwn (class) functions (basically JMPs into the correct offsets within nwserver.exe)

Unfortunately I cannot work continuously on nwn/nwnx (RL work load fluctuates unpredictably). Taking that into account, extending the api is probably the best way for me to contribute something useful to the nwnx community.
[I am still working on my favorite nwn-project: a custom spell system that uses the "normal" nwn-spellcaster interface and is (almost) fully configurable via 2das. However, I don't really know if I'll ever get that done: the projects has suffered heavily from feature overload and the "start optimizing at 90% done" disease, which is pretty successful in ensuring that the last 10% never get done. Wink ]

I guess the api isn't essential for the nwnx-win32 community. But if I can get it right, it might turn out to be a valuable tool for future development. So far every plugin developer seems to create his own "personal api", filling in the fields of the structs (and hook functions) just as needed. The most complete collection of nwn-structs and hooks (for win32) appears to be MaxRock's (who, evidently, could build on the Linux-work of acaos, virusman and others).

So if I fail, it won't impact the community too much. Devs can still continue with their "private" apis, extending them on a case by case basis if necessary.

If it's ok with the devs, I would try to use MaxRock's work as a starting point for the api, successively filling in any missing details: missing nwn-structs (classes), unknown (unnamed) fields within the structs/classes, unknown (unnamed) function parameters.

Once we have a skeleton api (and know where to find it within the svn), other devs can contribute by filling in any still missing details and (once the api becomes "stable") might switch over to using the api-includes instead of their individual "private" includes.

That's the general idea.

I am not quite sure about some implementation issues:

- Would it be a good or rather a bad idea to strive for some better consistency in naming the struct members? Any suggestions?
- The api would start out for nwserver.exe (v1.69 patch). I don't seriously consider other patches, but I am considering nwmain.exe (v1.69). My guess would be that the struct/class layout of the client is the same as for the server, but the function offsets will be different.

motu99
Greyfort

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone working on a windows version of events? I know there are linux versions But I am intresed in a windows version
Lazarus Magni

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Grey,
There is a windows version of Events. It's listed on the download page. There are also other versions of it on the vault I believe.
Laz
Greyfort

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Tera777 version I belive I was wondering if anyone is still working on windows version or if they have stoped?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: