logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX_Patch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valbor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly can get to increase the speed performance of spells (feats) to three or four times per round? And also use items.
Terra_777

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But I've seen nwnx_polymorph in Terra_777's list. Don't know what it's doing.

Runs a script called nwnx_poly. Example: https://github.com/TerrahKitsune/NWNX/blob/master/nwscript/nwnx_poly.nss in the example I save all spells available before poly and restore them afterwards so people don't lose spells because of gear changes then polymorphing.
DarkSet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that's all?

It's fired before polymorph or unpolymorph? So before I have PC object before any changes and after - PC object in poly shape?

Can it stop polymorph action? Or only get some parameters and do something additional, but not alter the main poly action?
Terra_777

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, thats all it does, no additional parameters or the ability to cancel it. Fires before the action, so before you get polymorphed or unpolymorphed.

Edit; I think nwnx_events has the poly hook too, but I think this one was specifically hooked in the poly effects rather then in the actual poly/unpoly routines.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 0:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well community patch has OnPrePolymorph, OnPolymorph, OnRepolymorph and OnUnpolymorph and all of this works without nwnx. With nwnx_patch it handles spell slots as well automatically.
highv priest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaDoOoW wrote:
DarkSet wrote:
Quote:
If you use haks you can create duplicates of the normal player races. THEN the movement rate switch will work. For some odd reason BioWare tied the normal player races to always use the default speed, regardless of the moverate set in the appearance.2da.

aren't races rownumbers also tied to interface blocks in char creation? If I create copy of Human race with another rownuber in 2da - what race would be used, mine or default?

And if I make default one unplayable setting 0 to column in 2da - what will be with interface?
wait wait guys

what race you select has no effect on character speed - afaik all player characters get the same base speed no matter of race. I believe that player character, unless polymorphed, always uses speed PLAYER, line 0 in creaturespeed.2da. Which is where you should define new collumns as this is what setmovementrate uses. It has nothing to do with race/custom race.

Custom race related, nwncx_patch + nwnx_patch allows to select custom race in character selection. All you need to do is to write a race Label from racialtypes.2da as Subrace - then it will automatically change the race to the custom one. You can try this with Brownie or Wemic if you use CEP.
DarkSet wrote:
Looks like I found rather easy way to repro the bug with 255 sorc spells:
1. Have a sorc of lvl 14, with items increasinh cha about +10
2. use all spells of some levels to zero uses.
3. use polymorph self to umber hulk
4. Actually you have 255 uses of previously zeroed level already at this point.
5. unpolymorph - now you can use it.

thanks that helped a lot, I fixed this, will try to add few more requested features/fixes before I upload new version though

Also found unfortunately a new bug which happens in loaded games. It seems that when the game is loaded spontaneous spell uses might not be reduced properly when unequipping items with casting ability bonus. Not sure how to fix it and if even waste time with this though...

I can guarantee you for a fact, base PC speed is only used for appearances 0 to 6. It's hard coded in the game if that race is a PC to use the PC speed. Even if you changed the value in the .2da.

I also apologize I meant appearance.2da, not race or anything as such.
DarkSet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can guarantee you for a fact, base PC speed is only used for appearances 0 to 6. It's hard coded in the game if that race is a PC to use the PC speed. Even if you changed the value in the .2da.

I have line 1041 in appearance.2da and line 31 in racialtypes.2da. And still playable race has movement speed normal instead of fast, set in appearance.2da.
So it's hardcoded without connection to line numbers. Just PC gets PC base speed.
highv priest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkSet wrote:
Quote:

I have line 1041 in appearance.2da and line 31 in racialtypes.2da. And still playable race has movement speed normal instead of fast, set in appearance.2da.
So it's hardcoded without connection to line numbers. Just PC gets PC base speed.

Interesting, I never tried the hack approach, but I have used custom appearances before. When I changed fairies to move at very fast speed if a player used that custom appearance they would move very fast instead of default speed.

Perhaps the actual check for base PC speed is something particular about the models and mesh used for the appearances in 0 to 6 since those are also the only base appearances where everything is modular(as in you can change the legs and arms and head).
DarkSet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a couple of bugs in dwarver defender's defensive stance:
1. If you unequip weapon while in stance it cancels. That's not right. Disarm works as well. In the same time - you can activate stance without weapon in hands, so looks like the reason is in uneqiupment process, not in fact of empty hands.
2. If you use a potion in stance - it cancels. Havn't check other type of actions like using scrolls, activationg items or abilities.
3. Not sure of this is a bug or normal - when use whirlwind attack in stance - it deactivates.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkSet wrote:
Found a couple of bugs in dwarver defender's defensive stance:
1. If you unequip weapon while in stance it cancels. That's not right. Disarm works as well. In the same time - you can activate stance without weapon in hands, so looks like the reason is in uneqiupment process, not in fact of empty hands.
2. If you use a potion in stance - it cancels. Havn't check other type of actions like using scrolls, activationg items or abilities.
3. Not sure of this is a bug or normal - when use whirlwind attack in stance - it deactivates.

Yes all of that is normal and happen in vanilla. Except in vanilla the defensive stance will not deactivates in GUI only in engine so player in most of these situations has to deactivate it manually to be able to activate it again.

nwnx_patch fixes only the part with GUI not deactivating.

As far as casting that shouldn't be possible in defensive stance by rules, I wasn't aware of weapon swapping - that should be possible to do without breaking mode but I am not sure I can code that...
DarkSet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, not being able to drink potions in defensive stance sounds completely like bug to me. Would be nice if you can change this. Make an option in ini file to switch, if you think someone can not like it.
Valbor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this function and how to use it NWNXPatch_GetPlayerLanguage(object oPlayer)? I changed the dialog.tlk from Rus to Eng and back, always return 0.

And when can we expect a new patch?
DarkSet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russian translation uses english language id. Localizators where lazy asses and did not bother to create separate id for russian.
Valbor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkSet wrote:
Russian translation uses english language id. Localizators where lazy asses and did not bother to create separate id for russian.

It's like something you can fix?
DarkSet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can fix nothing Smile

In this case I don't think Shadooow can do anything. Function properly returns language id.
You can change your hole nwn setup, move russian language to another id and then you'll be able to have separate id for it. But I think you won't do this. Translators did not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 5 of 44

Jump to: