logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linux NWNX & 1.69 status
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aerisarn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

acaos wrote:
The eXalt code is part of the fully functional eXalt system. I'm hoping to get the whole thing integrated into NWNX and 1.69 this weekend.

Acaos

I cannot thank you enough for writing something more handy than leto
jec2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 16:14    Post subject: Leto 1.69? Reply with quote

Is anyone planning on updating the leto/letoscript (leto.so/letoscript.so) for 1.69?? Ive tried to add some subraces and while the log shows leto attempting to apply all ability modifications, etc.. for the subrace, they do not get applied to the bic.. the appearance applies no problem, but the chr modifications dont show up.. Im wondering if its a 1.69 issue,, at any rate, im sure it could use some adjustment ..

Also, does anyone know about subraces and horses? like a human(subrace vampire) pally 5 can summon a mount, but when you try to mount says invalid rider - rider appears to be shape shifted.. Does this mean any use of appearance from the appearance.2da on a pc could not mount a horse? prolly a stupid question, sorry.. but i was wondering anyway..
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leto was already updated for 1.69, you can find it on the vault. Letoscript doesn't need to be updated.

Funky
jec2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 19:18    Post subject: nwnx_leto 1.69 Reply with quote

I looked on the vault, couldnt find an update for linux plugin(so file).. You wouldnt happen to have an addy, would you?.. Question
william_hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 21:03    Post subject: Re: Leto 1.69? Reply with quote

jec2 wrote:
Is anyone planning on updating the leto/letoscript (leto.so/letoscript.so) for 1.69?? Ive tried to add some subraces and while the log shows leto attempting to apply all ability modifications, etc.. for the subrace, they do not get applied to the bic.. the appearance applies no problem, but the chr modifications dont show up.. Im wondering if its a 1.69 issue,, at any rate, im sure it could use some adjustment ..

Also, does anyone know about subraces and horses? like a human(subrace vampire) pally 5 can summon a mount, but when you try to mount says invalid rider - rider appears to be shape shifted.. Does this mean any use of appearance from the appearance.2da on a pc could not mount a horse? prolly a stupid question, sorry.. but i was wondering anyway..

A vampire paladin? Seriously?

Anyhow, do you have an appearance change in place for vampires? If so, then you won't be able to mount because the mounts only work for the base races. You can set the system up to allow shifted races to mount, however. Check out Proleric's Horse and Scaling Tutorial on the vault, its in there, I think
Fireboar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

This link will lead you to the latest stable version of nwnx_leto and letoscript, known to work on NWN 1.69. Don't try anything more up to date than this - it won't work. The package contains nwnx_leto.so, the sources for nwnx_leto.so and LetoScript.so. It seems to contain part of the LetoScript source as well, although you will need a pascal compiler and the Engine letoscript download if you want to recompile it. Try just using the .so files as they are.
jec2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:23    Post subject: Thanks:) Reply with quote

Yeah vamp pally..lol.. sorry, forgot to mention i was testing both subraces and horses at the time.. see we dont have reg. horses set up yet, so i needed to test with pally summon mount. Smile but i wouldnt have made that subrace/build public.. anyway, thanks for all the info.. really helpful.. i managed to compile the nwnx_leto, its working fine.. tho i still wonder if anyone will update that for 1.69 (linux plugin).. that one was kinda dated and i saw that someone (somewhere) had made a 1.69 leto update for win.. guess im just wondering about a linux port.. or if its needed, and if so, is anyone working on it?..
Im also gonna check on that tutorial , see if i cant get some of these subraces with appearances set to mount properly.. Thanks guys.. Laughing
jec
jec2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:43    Post subject: Virusman Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for the nwnx updated build.. but i was wondering.. you offer source for all plugins, including makefile , but the updated nwnx beta 4 and others dont have a makefile.. just source.. could you please add a makefile to the source? i have a feeling the new versions of nwnx im using in linux, would run much better if i could compile them on my machine.. make them taylored to it.. also, would it be poss to add a configure file to all your downloads? (./configure).. you do some amazing work, virusman. Smile would be helpful if we could use that work at optimum settings for our individual systems..
thanks again.. Very Happy
jec2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:28    Post subject: virusman Reply with quote

oh, by the way.. i mentioned in earlier post that i always use your precompiles because i have 64bit OS, but since i could not get events to work, i looked at compiling it for myself.. i found that if i had the 32bit libs installed (which i do) and put "-m32" (quotes included) at the end of all flag lines in the makefile, i could make it compile 32-bit and it worked fine..
in other words:
FLAGS = -w -fPIC -shared -W -Wall -Llib/ "-m32"
# CFLAGS = -g -O2 -I$(NWNXDIR) "-m32"
# CXXFLAGS= -g -O2 $(CFLAGS) "-m32"
and in the case of leto:
CPPFLAGS = -mcpu=i386 -I$(NWNXDIR) "-m32"
other modifications had to be made to leto to look more like your makefiles too.. but it worked.. Smile
also i found out if i had an app i wanted to compile in 32-bit and it had a configure , i could just use:
CFLAGS="-m32" CPPFLAGS="-m32" CXXFLAGS="-m32" LDFLAGS="-m32" ./configure
which also works nicely (so long as 32-bit shared libs are installed..)
To install 32-bit libs etc. in ubuntu 8.04 64 bit it would be :
sudo apt-get install binfmt-support ia32-libs libc6-i386
I use 64-bit OS cause it works with cpu and memory better.. better for resources..
anyway.. i can compile 32-bit now.. hope you can add makefile to nwnx and configure would be nice Wink. thanks again..
jec
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: