logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wishlist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zebranky

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fireboar wrote:
Borys wrote:
Wish: Fix Whirlwind Attack.

Servers on windows version dont have this bug. Whirlwind Attack was fixed by bioware in 1.65 but not on linux version server.

Yes please.

What bug is this? "Whirlwind attack will no longer leave you stuck in combat mode after using it. You will now also try to reaquire your original target after a Whirlwind attack (may not succeed if your target is now dead or gone)." from the patch notes?

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the intended behavior that's the issue, it's the actual behavior. Whirlwind can lock up your action queue, causing you to stand there unable to attack, and requires a relog to fix. This is apparently caused by using whirlwind more than once in a row. While that doesn't sound that bad, it's bad enough that none of our players will use it.

Funky
Fireboar

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

FunkySwerve wrote:
It's not the intended behavior that's the issue, it's the actual behavior. Whirlwind can lock up your action queue, causing you to stand there unable to attack, and requires a relog to fix. This is apparently caused by using whirlwind more than once in a row. While that doesn't sound that bad, it's bad enough that none of our players will use it.

Funky

Activating/deactivating one of the modes (detect, stealth, expertise, defensive casting, etc) seems to fix it, without the need for a relog.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

FunkySwerve wrote:

Funky
I can comfirm that, but I sometimes get unstucked withou relog. Saw this on HG, 3T and one another server running linux. Dunno what 3T runs.
Zebranky

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlasmaJohn wrote:
Reroute the console's "say" command to a chat message or somehow fire a game object trigger. And a pony.

If that's not possible, give a way to change the color, that gray may as well be invisible.

The standard <c???> tags DO work in those messages, both entered into the Windows server message box and entered as a "say" command on Linux.

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
Zebranky

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

FunkySwerve wrote:

Funky

I couldn't reproduce this in the test mod I just tried. If you have a mod that can make it happen regularly given certain combat actions, let me know and I'll take a look at that.

FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing mod-specific about it, it's an engine issue. I'm not particularly fretted about it, either - acaos has had it on his fixlist for some time now.

Funky
Zebranky

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but it would help to have a mod that can easily make it happen to see if doing XYZ fixes it. If acaos is taking a look, though, I won't worry too much either Wink

PlasmaJohn

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 0:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zebranky wrote:
The standard <c???> tags DO work in those messages, both entered into the Windows server message box and entered as a "say" command on Linux.

That did occur to me, just not at a time when I was able to test it.

I was able to get the whirlwind lockup by just queing up 7 or 8 ww's.
Ginden

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
int SetFavoredEnemyFeat(int nRace, int nFeat)

Code:
int GetTouchAC(object oTarget)

Last edited by Ginden on Mon Feb 01, 2010 19:40; edited 1 time in total
Calan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

DestroyCampaignDatabase() does not work in Linux. Adding a fix to this in the Fixes plugin would be awesome. The System plugin appears to be able to delete files, but having that function simply work without having to edit pre-existing modules with a separate function would be pure win.

Some manner of file output would be nice in System as well, unless it's there and I'm missing it. Even if it's "completely overwrite a file with this string," like the opposite of the read function. Read file, edit string, re-write file.
Squatting Monk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to be able to access and modify an NPC's perception lists for more control over stealth.
Timear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it is already possible and i just haven't found it by now, but i would like to see the possibility to dynamically create soundobjects.

Use case (e.g.):
Player sets up a campfire which is created as a campfire-placeable. This placeable at the moment can be activated (fire animation), can be lit and so on. But the appropriate sound is missing.
With PlaySound() it is only possible to play one-shot-sounds, for looping sounds a soundobject is needed. But these can't be created during runtime - neither by CreateObject() nor by CopyObject() (i've already tried to copy an existing soundobject Wink).
Skywing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game protocol doesn't provide a provision for sound objects to be added to clients after area loading unfortunately. You would have to kludge something together with one-shot sounds unless you are willing to require custom clients.
Squatting Monk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to get the length of a sound, then? That could allow looping with a delay or pseudo-hb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: