logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

xp_bugfix - nwn2server bugfixes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GodBeastX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violation exception in module nwn2server.exe at 001b:005d58de.
Read from location 00000004 caused an access violation.

This has been the only crash I've gotten in 1.13 since I patched and I get it about once an hour looking at the time between error_logs.
Morrandir

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have some stability issues since 1.13. Maybe due to disabled xp_bugix.
When can we expect an update? Smile
GodBeastX

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skywing isn't going to update until the hotfix in 2 weeks, but I'm looking to update before then and might have an "Unofficial" version if I can quickly locate the right offsets to update.

That requires me to install 1.12 to do a code comparison (Which I havn't done yet). LAAAAAZY Smile
Dragonsbane777

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, I echo everyones thanks. Take your time. I will wait to update, since your dll helped alot, and there are other issues with the patch too.
Skywing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

New beta release (for 1.12) - http://www.nynaeve.net/Skywing/nwn2/xp_bugfix_beta_009/xp_bugfix.zip

This has the following new fixes:

- Fix for lack of handling for bad zlib data + lack of validation on compressed data chunk length field (should finally put a stake in that 005cd7cc crash, another path that could have lead to that).
- Fix for a crash resulting from a player without a game object associated sending an Inventory.6 (Unequip?) message (004f7e27)
- Fix for a crash resulting from a wrong object type used with ActionExchangeItem (004e7a49)
- Fix for a crash when a creature without an item container attempts to acquire an item (004a1586)

I don't have test cases for all of these, so please be careful when trying the new build. Let me know if you run into problems.

Once again, this build is for 1.12, and not 1.13, which is still awaiting a hotfix.
Skywing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted a beta release of xp_bugfix 0.0.9 for 1.0.13.1409 (the "1.13 hotfix"). This build does not work on the original 1.13 patch, or the 1.12 patch.

If you are using 1.12, you will have to get the build stamped for 1.12.
If you are using the 1.13 original patch, you will need to upgrade to the hotfix (now on the updater as far as I know), and then get the build stamped for 1.13.

The 1.0.13.1409 build of xp_bugfix 0.0.9 beta can be had here:

http://www.nynaeve.net/Skywing/nwn2/xp_bugfix_beta_009_00131409/xp_bugfix.zip
smellysocks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you VERY much for your speed and dedication.
Skywing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed a bug with the 0.0.9 beta that may manifest itself as new character creation hanging, along with the following log message in xp_bugfix.txt:

LogUncompress1Fix: Avoided crash due to invalid
compressed data.

I have rebuilt both the 1.0.12.1295 and 1.0.13.1409 binaries to fix this. (This is specific to 0.0.9 and was not present in 0.0.8 or below.)

New builds should identify themselves as 0.0.9b2 in the xp_bugfix.txt log at startup. Additionally, both the 1.0.12.1295 and 1.0.13.1409 builds now write a log message to xp_bugfix.txt at startup that identifes which NWN2 version they were built against, so you can make sure that you grabbed the correct .dll.
Skywing

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted 0.0.9b3 for 1.0.12.1295 and 1.0.13.1409, which fixes a null dereference when a CItemRepository contained an object id that did not resolve. (There likely needs to be a master check in ~CNWSItem to verify that the deleting item does not exist in any item repositories.) This is a new fix and is not a regression.
Dragonsbane777

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL That was fast! AMAZING!
smellysocks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, indeed.

Thanks again.
OVLD_NZ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good news. I'm glad someone has been able to address the 100% freeze issue. I was able to track down the code, but wasn't able to identify a fix.

good work!
Skywing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to call the 0.0.9b3 builds production builds, as I am not aware of any further issues being discovered with these builds.

A source drop will be forthcoming eventually. (The high quality stock Windows SVN client managed to eat my checkout when I attempted to merge xp_bugfix and xp_srvadmin to virusman's svn, so I am going to hold off until I have more patience for dealing with buggy source control systems.)

As a side note, most of the fixes in xp_bugfix would not have been possible without crash dumps from nwn2server. Thus, while not required, I would strongly encourage switching to my build of the NWNX4 core that supports writing crash dumps (see this thread). If you would like to see support for crash dumps in the stock NWNX4 build for purposes of a shot at seeing server crashes you see fixed, feel free to let Papillon know that you're interested in that seeing that feature accepted into the mainline code base.

(If you do get a server crash, a crash dump is much more useful to me in understanding the underlying NWN2 bug than simply the error logs, though the error logs are better than nothing.)
Skywing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone observed a line as follows in their xp_bugfix.txt log while using the 0.0.9b3 release against nwn2server 1.0.13.1409?

Quote:
LogNullDerefCrash1: Avoided null deference crash #1 (party inviter invalid).

I believe that the fix for this issue may have been integrated into the mainline NWN2 release by OEI. I would like confirmation that the fix code has not been running with 1.0.13.1409 / xp_bugfix 0.0.9b3 before I drop it from the list of patches to maintain for future NWN2 releases, however.
Arvirago

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it that this nice plugin is not in the download section of the web?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: