logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beta plugin: nwnx_funcs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
acaos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing so would require opening, reading, and parsing the bic file, which is exactly what Leto is built to do, so I suggest you continue to use that.

Acaos
scarface

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

acaos wrote:
I haven't tried yet, but I will do some experimenting. Not sure if it will mess up the bic file name to change a player's name.

Also, new function: SetPlaceableAppearance(). Placeables changed won't update for viewers until they leave and re-enter the area, but it does work for non-static placeables.

Acaos

Sweet, keep us updated on that, I'm sure there are a few who would find this function handy, if it's possible.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another idea for new function:

If Bioware ILR is ON, items for higher lvl can't be moved(or dropped) to equip slots.

Function that would block item to be moved do equip slot (like IRL) and function that would block item to be unequipped could be very handy.
scarface

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaDoOoW wrote:
Another idea for new function:

If Bioware ILR is ON, items for higher lvl can't be moved(or dropped) to equip slots.

Isn't that what ILR does already? Unless I misunderstood what you meant.

ShaDoOoW wrote:
Function that would block item to be moved do equip slot (like IRL) and function that would block item to be unequipped could be very handy.

You can already do that with normal scripting, no plugin needed.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

scarface wrote:
Isn't that what ILR does already? Unless I misunderstood what you meant.

Yes it is, it should relate with request but I forgot to finished the point.
scarface wrote:
You can already do that with normal scripting, no plugin needed.

Actually you can by normal scripting only simulate this by forcing (un)equip. There is way how to make good CILR without this method, but is extremely difficult (cost change on every single item). About block of unequip, I don't know CURSE flag, but I think the curse item can be normallny unequiped and only one way how to block that is again force reequip.

And most servers have ILR off btw.

I know its a triviality but I could be usable more than many already created functions.
scarface

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Acos, is it possible to somehow prevent a player from seeing other player's classes during character selection screen, in server info? I just thought that since it's server -> client data, it might be possible to hook. It would indeed be a great function addition to this plugin ( or perhaps the system plugin ).

Cheers.
acaos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could probably make it so all their classes look like Fighter or something, but that would still be quite a bit of work.

Acaos
scarface

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

acaos wrote:
I could probably make it so all their classes look like Fighter or something, but that would still be quite a bit of work.

Acaos

If you could do that, it would be great, or even give us builders the choice of classes to display Wink

Another query for you, is it possible to get the speed bonus of a monk with some kind of function? we want to reduce monk speed to that of a normal class during tournament events using your set movement function, but have no idea how monk speed is actually calculated. I know it's supposed to be 10% per 3rd level maxed at 30, but I find it's way faster when testing.
acaos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just remove the monk speed feat with RemoveKnownFeat(), then give it back after the event?

Acaos
scarface

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

acaos wrote:
Why not just remove the monk speed feat with RemoveKnownFeat(), then give it back after the event?

Acaos

Actually I thought the monk speed was hardcoded to be honest, I'll give that a shot thanks.

I have a small dilemma, basically we need to remove bard song and curse song effects from a player when silence is cast in him. The problem is that there is no RemoveFeatEffect function. The only way to do it ( afaik ), is to loop through all of the effects, and remove specific effect types that curse and bard song apply, but this is not ideal because it may remove similar stacked effects that were not applied from those feats. Any way to get a function like RemoveFeatEffects ( ), and GetLinkedEffects ( ), or something similar?
acaos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard song and curse song have the spellids of SPELLABILITY_BARD_SONG (or SPELLABILITY_BARDS_SONG) and SPELLABILITY_EPIC_CURSE_SONG.

Acaos
scarface

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

acaos wrote:
Bard song and curse song have the spellids of SPELLABILITY_BARD_SONG (or SPELLABILITY_BARDS_SONG) and SPELLABILITY_EPIC_CURSE_SONG.

Acaos

That's good to know, because the description of GetSpellID says it returns SPELL_* constant, I assumed it wouldn't work with SPELLABILITY_* too, but having looked at the constants, I see that they are in reference with the spell constants, thanks again Smile
acaos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 0:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

New functions added and available in Subversion. You will have to update your NWNX core as well to use these.

The GetMeetsFeatRequirements functions perform the same validation as level-up does (for those of you who are aware of the various exploits, they are still present). The Class functions use the indexed Bioware 2DAs in the engine, making them quite fast as they do not require an actual 2DA lookup.

The item appearance/color functions will not have visible effect until the item is refreshed for a PC (but if you use CreateObject() and use the functions immediately, they will apply before any PC can see the item).

Code:
string GetEntireItemAppearance (object oItem);
void RestoreItemAppearance (object oItem, string sApp);
int SetItemAppearance (object oItem, int nIndex, int nApp);
int SetItemColor (object oItem, int nIndex, int nColor);
int GetMeetsFeatRequirements (object oCreature, int nFeat);
int GetMeetsLevelUpFeatRequirements (object oCreature, int nFeat, int nClass, int nAbility, struct CreatureSkills sk);
int GetIsClassBonusFeat (int nClass, int nFeat);
int GetIsClassGeneralFeat (int nClass, int nFeat);
int GetIsClassGrantedFeat (int nClass, int nFeat);
int GetIsClassSkill (int nClass, int nSkill);

Acaos
Jambo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any chance of seeing something along the lines of SetCasterLevel (to compliment GetCasterLevel) and SetEffectId (or perhaps SetSpellId) so all subsequent calls to create effects/etc would be applied at the level or with the effect/spell id specified?

Ideally both SetCaterLevel and SetSpellId would not return anything, and be passed integers, so it could be used in a spellhooking system, ie.
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casterlevel is scripted, so while I suspect it's possible to do, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to. For the effect id, you want nwnx_structs.

Funky
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: