logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNCX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
virusman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 13:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWNCX 0.2
http://data.virusman.ru/nwn/nwncx/nwncx-0.2.rar
Greyfort

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not getting DM CLient when i press F9 its still the standard version.

I can access the vfx allthough I have no models, and the camera angle is changed.

I also ment to ask, Im not seeing a ini file for this, is there one?
I was also wondering if the plugins I have for nwnx, I can copy and paste them into the nwn folder so nwncx can use them. I have a old version of plugins for nwncx from the vault is there a newer one?
Idelish / Lyo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

First at all, excuse my bad english.

I use NWNCX0.2 for the weapons visual effects, and I detected one bug. When you load any module if this module uses this extension runs OK, but when you out and starts another one with this extension (second module loaded) will dont work properly, weapon effects doesn't appear. Is only in my case?
The Amethyst Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idelish / Lyo wrote:
Hi,

First at all, excuse my bad english.

I use NWNCX0.2 for the weapons visual effects, and I detected one bug. When you load any module if this module uses this extension runs OK, but when you out and starts another one with this extension (second module loaded) will dont work properly, weapon effects doesn't appear. Is only in my case?

I just uploaded a separate copy of iprp_visualfx.2da to the Additional Weapon VFX page at the Vault. Drop it into your NWN/override folder and your weapon visuals will start appearing again.

The issue is caused by NWNCX looking for specific data in that modified 2da, and the default game doesn't have that exact data (or something like that). This happens in modules that don't have the updated 2da file (in a hak). Dropping it into override makes it available for all modules that don't already have a version of iprp_visualfx.2da in a hak.

The weapon visuals (both new and old) will still not work if you are playing a module/server with their own copy of iprp_visualfx.2da in their hak files that does not include the changes to work with NWNCX.
virusman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops.. sorry, I forgot to test for backwards compatibility, even though I planned for it..
Here is the fixed version that displays default VFX correctly without custom 2da:
http://data.virusman.ru/nwn/nwncx/nwncx-0.2.1.rar
The Amethyst Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWNCX Idea: Customizing the calendar

Just a minor idea for something else to customize something that's been considered "hard coded" for years, if it's possible to write a change into the gui via NWNCX.

Would it be possible to have NWNCX check for a client-side 2da (perhaps called "gui_months.2da"), and it it's present alter the text that's displayed in-game when a player hovers the mouse over the compass?

Currently, doing so displays the current date and time like this:
"Month 5, Day 7, Hour 14"

Module and PW builders may have custom calendars they could program for if NWNCX can change this text. Going with a Forgotten Realms calendar for instance, it could read as:
"Mirtul, Day 7, Hour 14"

Not really looking to chance the game engine from using an integer to a string, but just what the GUI gives when displaying it on mouseover of the compass.

Here's my idea of the structure of the 2da, using lines in a custom .tlk file. This one has the months for the FR, but going the 2da+tlk route could open it for other worlds (like mine).

Code:

2DA V2.0                                                       

LABEL        Name         
0     monthdefault 68671       
1     Hammer       16777217
2     Alturiak     16777218
3     Ches         16777219
4     Tarsakh      16777220
5     Mirtul       16777221
6     Kythorn      16777222
7     Flamerule    16777223
8     Elesias      16777224
9     Eleint       16777225
10    Marpenoth    16777226
11    Uktar        16777227
12    Nightal      16777228
The Amethyst Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question, virusman:

I've got an informational page for NWNCX at http://www.neverwinternights.info/nwncx.htm. I just updated it to link to the newer version 0.2.1. Is the nwncx_tweaks-0.1.rar still needed with the newer version?

I'm leaving the link there for now, but I'll remove it if I need to.

Thanks.
virusman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the latest Tweaks plugin is already in the NWNCX 0.2.1 package. VC2010 Redist is also not necessary because I've included DLL dependencies in the package.
Good idea with the months, I'll look into it.
Idelish / Lyo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 23:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, first thanks for all your time and replies.

I try to use events plugin to NWNCX but doesn't works,

It need's some special way to use it? is more ... What script run by default the plugin "events"? Is it possible to change it? Is it still NWNX_events the script (Into Aurora)?

If I understood correctly it should work correctly playing in standalone mode, does it?

PD: Calendar customization sounds great.
Epitaffio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idelish / Lyo wrote:
Hi, first thanks for all your time and replies.
Calendar customization sounds great.

I agree, it would be amazing
Nissa_Red

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I think that nwnCX is an awesome addition to any builder that wants to test their mod offline.

Thank you for that!

Just to make sure that I got it right :

I'm working with Windows XP/SP3.

1. I first downloaded the latest NWNCX 0.21 package.
  2. I then downloaded the compatible plugin package from the main page.
  3. I plugged the content of these archives into the NWN root folder.
  4. I finally patched my nwmain.exe file with nwncx_patch.exe.

Now, I've basically got a couple of extra dlls + 1 additional folder in the NWN root folder, called "extraplugins", containing "nwncx_nwnxbridge.dll".

Questions :

1. Do I need to install "nwnX" as well ? I guess that yes, because nwnCX complains about a missing "madCHook.dll" file, and some compatible plugins seem to need the "NWNX.ini" file.
  2. If yes, what parts exactly do I need of nwnX, if I am only interested in offline testing (my laptop doesn't have the server), or running a single-player module ?
  3. Should I move "nwncx_nwnxbridge.dll" to the NWN root folder as well, or does it need to remain in its own "extraplugins" folder ?
  4. Should I move the compatible plugins to the "extraplugins" folder, or leave them at the root ?
  5. Checking the log file that nwnCX produces, I notice that it mentions its own dlls, "nwncx_disablems.dll", "nwncx_dmtest.dll" and "nwncx_tweaks.dll", but no other "compatible" dll. Does it really load them ?
  6. What would I need to do to get other non-compatible dlls to work with nwnCX, under Windows 32 bits ? I am more specifically interested in "nwnX Time" (to avoid messing with heartbeats to manage the time, and instead rely on a more accurate, external clock), "nwnX Speech" (for self-containted reasons) and "nwnX Funcs".

Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.
Idelish / Lyo

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nissa_Red good explanation, I'm just like you. Please Virusman updated instructions or even a video.
virusman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nissa_Red wrote:
Do I need to install "nwnX" as well ? I guess that yes, because nwnCX complains about a missing "madCHook.dll" file, and some compatible plugins seem to need the "NWNX.ini" file.
NWNCX is a client extender, that is, by default it's supplied with client plugins. When you run a NWN mod locally, nwmain acts as both client and server. If you want to run NWNX (server-side) for single-player games, you need to move nwncx_nwnxbridge.dll to the NWN folder and, of course, install NWNX itself.

Nissa_Red wrote:
[*]If yes, what parts exactly do I need of nwnX, if I am only interested in offline testing (my laptop doesn't have the server), or running a single-player module ?
You'll need the same setup as if you were running nwserver.exe.

Nissa_Red wrote:
[*]Should I move "nwncx_nwnxbridge.dll" to the NWN root folder as well, or does it need to remain in its own "extraplugins" folder ?
Yes, only plugins in the main NWN folder are loaded. NWNCX->NWNX Bridge has been moved to a separate folder because most players don't need it and it may cause unexpected problems if the user has NWNX installed with incompatible plugins.

Nissa_Red wrote:
[*]Should I move the compatible plugins to the "extraplugins" folder, or leave them at the root ?
Everything must be in the NWN root folder.

Nissa_Red wrote:
[*]Checking the log file that nwnCX produces, I notice that it mentions its own dlls, "nwncx_disablems.dll", "nwncx_dmtest.dll" and "nwncx_tweaks.dll", but no other "compatible" dll. Does it really load them ?
NWNCX only loads its own client plugins. If you see nwnxbridge in the list of loaded plugins, everything is fine. The bridge plugin loads NWNX Core and the NWNX Core handles everything as if it was running on a server.

Nissa_Red wrote:
[*]What would I need to do to get other non-compatible dlls to work with nwnCX, under Windows 32 bits ? I am more specifically interested in "nwnX Time" (to avoid messing with heartbeats to manage the time, and instead rely on a more accurate, external clock), "nwnX Speech" (for self-containted reasons) and "nwnX Funcs".
NWNX Speech is very outdated, use NWNX Chat instead.
If a plugin just provides functions (like NWNX Time), it'll probably work.
If it uses hooks with hardcoded absolute addresses, it won't (and if it doesn't do any checks before hooking, it will crash), because the location of the functions are different in client and server.
virusman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's been a lot of progress with NWNCX: it's up to version 0.2.5 and now has these features:

0.2.2 // 13.06.2012
Replaced the old patcher to avoid false positives by AV software
Added Beam VFX softcoding to Tweaks plugin

0.2.3 // 15.06.2012
Added Texture Replace VFX softcoding to Tweaks plugin

0.2.4 // 15.06.2012
Tweaks plugin: unlocked new ProjTypes: burstup, linkedburstup, tripleballistic, tripleballistic2, doubleballistic

0.2.5 // 19.06.2012
Tweaks plugin: added open face helmets support
To use this feature, add dummy node named "nwncx_openface" to the helmet model

Download link: http://data.virusman.ru/nwn/nwncx/nwncx-0.2.5.rar
See this topic for demos and videos.
Also, check out NWNX Connect plugin: http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1937
Squatting Monk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea from Failed.Bard on the BioWare forums...

Quote:
Since different animations are called based on creature model type, there must be some sort of internal list the game uses so select which to use for a particular animation.

Admittedly, this is likely moreso a question that should be asked on the NWNX forums, but... Is there a way to intercept calls to that list, or to access it directly? If the creature animations could be accessed, or better yet, specific animations names entered directly, we'd be able to get around the annoyingly small 20 custom animations limit.

If anyone with a nwnx forums account wants to ask over there as well, or poke VirusMan for an opinion on it here, that'd be appreciated. It might end up being something that needs both NWNX and NWNCX even if it is possible.

This is something I'd also like to see (especially if it would allow the calling of combat animations). Doable?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: