logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

special abilities via letoscript?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baaleos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 17:01    Post subject: special abilities via letoscript? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if Adding Special Abilities - eg Gaze Attacks
via letoscript works?

I tried using a function that claimed to do it, but it didnt work.

This is the output from my leto log.

Quote:

<293.7s> Req:"SCRIPT", Param:"print q<C:/servers/NWN/servervault/Baaleos/> + FindNewestBic q<C:/servers/NWN/servervault/Baaleos/>;"
<1.269ms> Req:"SCRIPT", Param:"$RealFile = q<C:/servers/NWN/servervault/Baaleos/letotester.bic>;$EditFile = $RealFile + '.utc';FileRename $RealFile, $EditFile;%bic = $EditFile or die;<gff:add 'SpecAbilityList' {type='list'}><gff:add 'SpecAbilityList/Spell' {type='word' value=318}><gff:add 'SpecAbilityList/[_]/SpellFlags' {type='byte' value=1}><gff:add 'SpecAbilityList/[_]/SpellCasterLevel' {type='byte' value=1}><gff:add 'SpecAbilityList' {type='list'}><gff:add 'SpecAbilityList/Spell' {type='word' value=318}><gff:add 'SpecAbilityList/[_]/SpellFlags' {type='byte' value=1}><gff:add 'SpecAbilityList/[_]/SpellCasterLevel' {type='byte' value=1}><gff:add 'SpecAbilityList' {type='list'}><gff:add 'SpecAbilityList/Spell' {type='word' value=318}><gff:add 'SpecAbilityList/[_]/SpellFlags' {type='byte' value=1}><gff:add 'SpecAbilityList/[_]/SpellCasterLevel' {type='byte' value=1}><gff:add 'SpecAbilityList' {type='list'}><gff:add 'SpecAbilityList/Spell' {type='word' value=318}><gff:add 'SpecAbilityList/[_]/SpellFlags' {type='byte' value=1}><gff:add 'SpecAbilityList/[_]/SpellCasterLevel' {type='byte' value=1}><gff:add 'SpecAbilityList' {type='list'}><gff:add 'SpecAbilityList/Spell' {type='word' value=318}><gff:add 'SpecAbilityList/[_]/SpellFlags' {type='byte' value=1}><gff:add 'SpecAbilityList/[_]/SpellCasterLevel' {type='byte' value=1}>%bic = '>';close %bic;FileRename $EditFile, $RealFile;"

This is me trying to add 5 uses of summon familiar.

It didnt work.

Can anyone correct this?
Fireboar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

That function is using a VERY old version of letoscript. I assume you're using the latest stable version: version 3+24? If so, you'll need to convert that to the new syntax.
Baaleos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 17:51    Post subject: Any tips Reply with quote

Yeah, I think I have the most recent version.

Any tips on how to convert the function to the most recent?

I would have thought that special abilities would be one of the things that people would want for letoscript. I wish there was a central repository of all this letoscript info.
Fireboar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... this is kinda it. My knowledge of Letoscript is kinda sketchy, but the new format uses something like...

Code:
add /SpecAbilityList/Spell, type => gffWord, value => 318;

Instead of:

Code:
<gff:add 'SpecAbilityList/Spell' {type='word' value=318}>

And...

Code:
/Str = 15;

Instead of:

Code:
<gff:set 'Str' 15>

Also, when adding to an array, you can leave out the [_] bit. I THINK. Don't rely on me though, I could be very wrong. Also, I'm not sure if it works - in my letoscript include file I have apparently commented the top of the function for adding special abilities with an ominous "Not working". So it could be that it just isn't possible as of some update or other.
Lokey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stress on Leto version 3.24 or moving to nwn_funcs.

Also the Special Ability List was disabled in one of the patches for players, create feats or spells instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: