logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PW Toolkit
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
virusman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 16:39    Post subject: PW Toolkit Reply with quote

I'm currently working on a web-based PW development/management tool called PW Toolkit.
Live demo can be found here:
http://nwn.axistown.ru/projects/pwtoolkit/
Lokey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have some stuff floating around that might be along similar lines, java/apache/eclipse. Chat up in #nwn2cr.

Creators haven't been around as much lately, but there might be some time-saving in there.
nicethugbert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 0:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEAT! WANTS!
Baaleos

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:41    Post subject: Particularly like Reply with quote

I particularly like the map display.

Was it generated dynamically? or Did you have to take each screenshot?

I'd love something like this.
virusman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:12    Post subject: Re: Particularly like Reply with quote

Baaleos wrote:
I particularly like the map display.

Was it generated dynamically? or Did you have to take each screenshot?

I'd love something like this.
The minimaps have been generated with minimap-export:
http://nwntools.sourceforge.net/minimap-export.html
virusman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated it to the latest version.
Changes include:

• Completed area map
    • Added scaling
    • Added support for multiple levels of maps
    • Status overlays for each area, including custom comments
  • Completed NPC profile editor
  • Added script editor (for NWNX Ruby scripts) and Script file type
  • Added a similar panel for conditional/action scripts in conversation editor.

Themicles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a dream come true and a serious time saver for my world. We've been making an effort to move as much as possible out of the .mod file and into ResMan. Anything that a DM doesn't need to spawn, pretty much.

We already have script editing setup outside of the toolset. We use TextPad with the nwscript.syn, and a custom .nss file format complete with right click compile on files, and right click compile all for folders containing .nss files. This is great and works well.

But when it comes to dialog files, items, and creatures... we're pretty much stuck editing in the toolset and then extracting from the temp0 directory. This is cumbersome and leaves my main developer disinclined to keep stuff out of the module and in ResMan.

Your toolkit would be perfect. I'm wondering if you have plans to release the toolkit, or if this is just an experiment in your spare time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
virusman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

PW Toolkit is not a Toolset replacement. It doesn't produce GFF files: everything is stored in the database and there must be a scripted backend on the server to use this data.
PW Toolkit is meant to be an interactive online configurator for PW systems: PW admins/DMs will be able to edit spawns, factions, dialogues, dynamic quests, receipes for crafting, etc.
Currently it's aimed at pre-beta development stages: drawing map layout, showing detailed status for every area, etc.
During the course of the development of our PW I'll shift the functionality towards live PW management, but it was and never will be a replacement for Toolset.

It will be released as a package along with the scripting systems, but right now it's not too useful for PWs in post-release stages. Of course, I'll put it on SVN if someone wants to help with the development.
Baaleos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 17:19    Post subject: Location to Map Grid? Reply with quote

I got this idea from Worlds of Warcraft Private Server manager php site.

That php/javascript site, that people use to manage their private servers, had a map image, which was able to in real time, draw a point/dot on the map, relating to the general location of players.

Would such a feature be possible for nwn?

I know that your map system here is more for planning and design, but the system looks like it could be adapted towards an online player tracking system.

I was wondering if it is possible, using scaling and calculations, to get the x/y coordinates of a player, in game, post to MYSQL, and then be able to plot a point on screen, accurately to show positions of players?

Granted - with a single area image on screen, this would be pointless, however, if we had a large map of the whole Server - which is feasible as your PW Toolkit seems to show, then it could in theory plot the points across the whole server/world.

I'd imagine that the images would have to be processed individually, as any such system would have difficulty plotting points on an oddly shaped image.

Eg - if you have 5 areas, which go north, north, east, east, east - producing a sort of r shaped image, plotting points on it might be hard.

Where as, if each area, was processed individually, along the lines finding the width and bredth of the area in game, and then some division to find the scale ratio, and then applying that ratio to the image, to find the position of any player in that area, on the map.

Anyhow...
I was just wondering if this sounds feasible, . . .

I have a tendancy to ramble on about non-important things, often asking a question, that I tend to answer in my own ramblings. Lol

Sorry for hijacking the topic. Lol
virusman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, the map view will be extended to draw area transitions, manage spawns, show PCs and NPCs on the map view.
Showing the player dots on the map is simple: every area is a separate object, and the MapPanel can get the area by its tag. Then I'll probably add an interface to handle objects overlay for areas and use its methods to show the objects.
This is the next planned stage for Map View, I just don't need it yet.

"Show players" *click* -> *right click on a player pin* -> "DM Kill" Very Happy
or
*right click on area* -> "Armageddon"
Baaleos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 16:31    Post subject: Cool Reply with quote

Its good to know I didnt take the topic completely off topic into my imagination. Lol

The plans for the Map view sound good, I've always had an interest in methods of interaction with ingame players from browsers.

My first attempt at this, was triggering a reset via a website. Which was easy enough, gradually the same principles build up, to the point where you can control weather patterns, send messages to players, announce things to the server, manage subraces, and as you mentioned.... kill players.
Greyfort

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hows this project going Virus, still working on it?
Qlippoth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody?
virusman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Development of the new version of my PW has stalled, so there hasn't been any progress here.
acomputerdood

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

did this ever get released in any form? i'd LOVE to have even the most basic functionality of linking all the exported maps together in order to visualize the pw better.

i'm very familiar with the minimap exporter tool since i've used it for another project.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: