logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nwnx 1.09 and wine status/help?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharwin_F

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:57    Post subject: nwnx 1.09 and wine status/help? Reply with quote

Hi, I have been reading several posts about the status of nwnx and wine, but I don't understand exactly at which state is nowadays the wine+nwnx pack.

I've read some of Yorlicks articles on making those two running on Linux, but then he says it's now set inside nwnx release. I have downloaded nwnx 1.09 and tried to make it wok with last wine devel version (1.1.32) and nwn2server version, and I think the hook is not done correctly, as the nwnx GUI dialog throws out errors and nwn2server processes are created every while.

Here's the output of NWNX GUI:
Quote:
20:35:15: Running in GUI mode.
20:35:15: * Starting the NWN Server.
20:36:27: ! Error: Server did not initialize properly (timeout).
20:36:28: ! Error: Failed to start server process, retrying in 5000ms...
20:37:41: ! Error: Server did not initialize properly (timeout).
20:37:48: ! Error: Failed to start server process, retrying in 5000ms...

1- Is it suppoused to work atm? Is there some uptodate how-to?

2- If it is not suppoused to work like that, I would like to know if it is possible to make it work just modyfing the binary, and would be great if there was a little how-to about it, or maybe a link to get de modified binary?

3-I really want to have this working, so if you need me to try whatever you think it might work, just tell me, I'll help to debug it.

4- It would be really nice to have things a bit updated, this topic (wine+nwnx) looks really messy right now, it's difficult to understand what's done and what is not, as the tutorials from Yorlik (arcanima.org) are from before getting it merged inside nwnx realse...

Thanks for the attention!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: