logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

retrieve an npc's voiceset name?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xorbaxian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks much for the great work! i'm putting it through its paces now. Smile
Baaleos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:48    Post subject: Hmmm Reply with quote

Zebranky wrote:
Ah, you just need to be sure you call DeleteLocalString() on the NWNX!FUNCTIONS!WHATEVER var after using the result. If you don't, when the player logs out, the server accesses that var again, triggers NWNX, and because the PC doesn't fully exist anymore... bad things happen.

Hi Zeb,
This error above - does this 'just' exist for the GetSoundSet or do we need to do these steps for all methods contained within this plugin?

I've been going through the dialog.tlk file, and have found some good things that I could replace my boot message with.

"The Dark River will take you!!" - (or something to that effect) 86044

If I understand correctly, the BootPCWithMsg method, should be able to display this on the players screen after a boot?
Paul R

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 18:30    Post subject: Re: Hmmm Reply with quote

Baaleos wrote:
I've been going through the dialog.tlk file, and have found some good things that I could replace my boot message with.

"The Dark River will take you!!" - (or something to that effect) 86044

If I understand correctly, the BootPCWithMsg method, should be able to display this on the players screen after a boot?

It will show up if they connected through the Game Room and not just via a +connect command-line option (like the server has gone down message you get).

I use 3550 which is "Goodbye and good luck" Laughing
Baaleos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 19:19    Post subject: I was interested Reply with quote

I just developed an ANTI_HACK system for my server, so I was actually looking for some sort of negative message to send to people who are attempting to hack their abiltiy scores.

At the minute, its just a plain old BootPC done on the player, and then it moves their character file to the hacked character vault for review.

I just thought it would be funny if there was some sort of dialog option which kicked them off, and let them know its was due to their hacking attempts.

I think there are some like
"Your character has illegal spells" or
"Character was not accepted"
Zebranky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 23:26    Post subject: Re: Hmmm Reply with quote

Baaleos wrote:
This error above - does this 'just' exist for the GetSoundSet or do we need to do these steps for all methods contained within this plugin?

It definitely happens for GETPCPORT as well. I haven't tested the other methods, but it's good practice to delete them anyway, as it avoids leaving unneeded variables lying around.

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 23:45    Post subject: Re: I was interested Reply with quote

Baaleos wrote:
I just developed an ANTI_HACK system for my server, so I was actually looking for some sort of negative message to send to people who are attempting to hack their abiltiy scores.

At the minute, its just a plain old BootPC done on the player, and then it moves their character file to the hacked character vault for review.

I just thought it would be funny if there was some sort of dialog option which kicked them off, and let them know its was due to their hacking attempts.

I think there are some like
"Your character has illegal spells" or
"Character was not accepted"

One of acaos' plugins - I forget which, but I assume funcs - gives the BootPCWithMessage function, allowing you to send any message in the tlk.

Funky
virusman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

This function has been copied to NWNX Funcs from NWNX Functions, so it exists in both.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: