logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Dm's Can't log in, DM Client hangs up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMElysium

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:26    Post subject: My Dm's Can't log in, DM Client hangs up Reply with quote

Hello,
NWN
Running Win XP Pro
NWX2

Game site: Menzoberranzan (Roleplay)

Ok, for some odd reason, none of my DM's (including me) can log on as DM's.. My world builder was able to load it as a test mod on her computer and log as a dm, but none of us can log in on the server. Using the same log in accounts, we can log in as players.

Used to be able to.. been having buggy issues lately.
MaxRock

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like there are too many entries in the palettes (too many blueprints). ...Except that your builder was able to log on. Are both the server and builder using the same haks?
If your using CEP, try to remove the cep2_add_sb_v1.hak, update the palettes in the toolset and try to log on as DM.
DMElysium

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxRock wrote:
Sounds like there are too many entries in the palettes (too many blueprints). ...Except that your builder was able to log on. Are both the server and builder using the same haks?
If your using CEP, try to remove the cep2_add_sb_v1.hak, update the palettes in the toolset and try to log on as DM.

We did check the pallets and we're not even close to being full. But I will check that hak and go from there.. thank you.

*Edit*

Did that - caused log in to be disable for the entire server (players couldn't log in)
MaxRock

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I forgot a step: After the palettes are updated, add the hak again without updating the palettes afterwards.
This way the blueprints are still in the module and can be created by scripts but they won't show up in the DM client's creator - and not count towards the resource limit.
We have to do this for the PRC blueprints and our server runs fine.

What exactly happens when a DM tries to log in? If the problem is the resource limit the DM client crashes, as far as I know.
DMElysium

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxRock wrote:

What exactly happens when a DM tries to log in? If the problem is the resource limit the DM client crashes, as far as I know.

after a DM selects their avatar, the screen goes blank and all you see is the gold arrow.

we even loaded a basic cep starter mod.

Sad

my scritptor is trying to look at things
Disco

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try to swap your current module with a fresh hak-less test one? Just to make sure it's not some connection thing?

I have to add that some of our players have been weird issues over the last 2-3 weeks.
DMElysium

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disco wrote:
Did you try to swap your current module with a fresh hak-less test one? Just to make sure it's not some connection thing?

I have to add that some of our players have been weird issues over the last 2-3 weeks.

I did just that as suggessted... I opened up toolset, made a 2x2 area.. saved it.. and still nothing.

*edit*

any thoughts it could be a port issue?
Zebranky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not very likely, especially if it's affecting only DMs. A packet capture might be helpful at this point.

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
Skywing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that you're exceeding the 4MB uncompressed message size limit baked into NetLayerWindow. A modified client (i.e. client extension or custom client), if there existed such a thing for NWN1, might have been able to help if that's the case.
DMElysium

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,

After numerous tests yesterday, by almost sheer accident during a random thought, I loaded them game as if to play on the server's computer, loaded the module and was able to go into the dm client.. (in other words, a manual start)

I had my world builder try to get on as well via the DM client and was able to.. so we're up and running - HOWEVER not via nwnx2 or nwnserver.. so even after a reinstall of everything, at least we know something is wrong with connectivity somewhere withing nwnxn and/or nwserver
Fireboar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anything in the server or client's override folder, other than what Bioware put in 1.69? If so, remove it and try again. Failing that, it might be that shiny water is causing the problem, turn it off in your graphics settings if it's on (which it shouldn't be).
Skywing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a (complete) packet capture it would be possible to determine if it's the 4mb limit that's the cause of this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: