logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sims Tools and NWNX_Functions w/DMFI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paco's Revenge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 22:10    Post subject: Sims Tools and NWNX_Functions w/DMFI Reply with quote

Okay everything seems to be working square and I was going to start removing the DMFI as I dig the Sims Tools except for one thing and that is the languages. It seems to not be working. Could this be because I have in my chat module events the dmfi script? Should I remove this and the Sims Tools work that way?

Also, maxrock for those nwx_functions to windows I so owe you some ale, mead, and a steak dinner. Awesome.

So anyone done this particular set up before?
Baaleos

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 21:16    Post subject: event comes first Reply with quote

Simtools was made at a time before the chat event was added by bioware.

As result, Funky didnt anticipate that the Chat Event would actually preceed his chat hook.

This being the case, anything that is in the event script, will get executed before the Simtools can take over from it.

So, if your dmfi script, does set the ChatMessage to be "" (blank) then the Simtools wont be able to interact with it.

The way you can fix this, is to catch the chat message at the begining of the ChatEvent, and then determine if the player is speaking another language, (you can do this via getting local vars from the player himself.

Code:

eg
if(GetLocalInt(oPC,"FKY_LANG") != 0)
  {
     //Speaking another language.
  }

I think the variable is FKY_LANG or FKY_SPEAKING or something like that

it contains a numeric value associated with what language your player is set to speak at that moment.

If you want the languages to work, you need to 'preserve' the original chat string from the start of the Chat Event, and make sure to restore it by the end of the Chat Event script, so Simtools can handle it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: