logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX2, Letoscript, and Windows 7! HELP! Scripts posted!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WardenWolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please tell me the format to do this?
WardenWolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem fixed. Apparently the person who wrote the OnModuleLoad script (that included Leto code) wrote some scripting that specifically pointed to the C: drive. The new server is on the D: drive. Like Linux, in Windows you can type \ or / and it will reference the root of the current drive. There is NO reason to point it to a specific drive unless you have a good reason to do so. Now that this has been fixed, and won't bite us again, I'm going to try to hunt down the person who did this and beat them severely. Twisted Evil I've spent weeks trying to figure out what was going on, and I'm NOT happy.
milliorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

WardenWolf wrote:
Problem fixed. Apparently the person who wrote the OnModuleLoad script (that included Leto code) wrote some scripting that specifically pointed to the C: drive. The new server is on the D: drive. Like Linux, in Windows you can type \ or / and it will reference the root of the current drive. There is NO reason to point it to a specific drive unless you have a good reason to do so. Now that this has been fixed, and won't bite us again, I'm going to try to hunt down the person who did this and beat them severely. Twisted Evil I've spent weeks trying to figure out what was going on, and I'm NOT happy.

The good reason to do so, is that the default installation is on the C drive of NwN, and without editing letoscript const that point to such references, leto will break, crash, etc. Everyone releases this generally using the default installation path. Therefore, if you DONT use the default path, then you must update it in the scripts, or again no edits, NOTHING will work.
WardenWolf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the good news is that I got the server finished and shipped off to its permanent home. I understand using the default installation path. However, in this case it was under the same directory structure, just on a different drive. It still makes no sense to reference C:/ instead of /. There's no reason to make it more specific than you have to. That's just bad coding practice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: