logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Major client side crash issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MustangSVT

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:57    Post subject: Major client side crash issues Reply with quote

Hello there. I'm looking for some advice to alleviate crashes client-side on the PW server I run. Here is my current setup:

- NW2Server latest version (1.023)
- NWNX4 v1.09
- also using this plug-in here -> http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1086
(I may not be using the newest version, will have to check)
- and of course mySQL, don't recall the exact version off-hand, will have to check when I get home

On our server, it seems whenever the client count goes over roughly 17-18, that a lot of client-side crashes tend to happen. Note that it's not just crashes on area transitions I believe. Right now, I am looking for some advice to diagnose the problem and figure out what exactly is going on here. I know there are other servers out there with considerably more people than that on a single server instance, so clearly it is possible. I'd like to find out why crashes are happening on mine and what I can do about it.
Skywing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you grab a nwn2_errorlog.txt from a crashing client, right after the crash occurs (it overwrites so only the most recent is kept) ?

This would be in the NWN2 install dir. May need to click 'Show compatibility files' to see it depending on OS config.

If it's not already a known bug that the Client Extension doesn't fix, and the cause is readily apparent, perhaps a fix could be produced.
MustangSVT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Skywing. It seems the problem was I didn't have the xp_bugfix plugin for NWNX hooked up correctly. Once I did that, the problem has gone away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: