logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX Weapons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baaleos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read that in the info text.

One more question

//The weapon when wielded in the mainhand will have 100 attacks
SetLocalInt( oWeapon, "mainattks", 100 );

Does this mean Attacks per round?

It allows you to set it that high?

And

Quote:

//The weapon when wielded in the mainhand will have 100 attacks
SetLocalInt( oWeapon, "mainattks", 100 );

//The weapon when wielded in the offhand will have 100 attacks
SetLocalInt( oWeapon, "offhdnatt", 100 );

//The weapon will respect weapon finesse
SetLocalInt( oWeapon, "finesse", TRUE );

//The weapon will look for feat 10 as its epic weapon focus feat
SetLocalInt( oWeapon, "ewf", 10 );

//The weapon will look for feat 10 as its weapon focus feat
SetLocalInt( oWeapon, "wf", 10 );

//The weapon will look for feat 10 as its weapon specialization feat
SetLocalInt( oWeapon, "ws", 10 );

//The weapon will look for feat 10 as its weapon epic spec feat
SetLocalInt( oWeapon, "ews", 10 );

//The weapon will look for feat 23 as its improved crit feat
SetLocalInt( oWeapon, "ic", 23 );

//The weapon will look for feat 23 as its overwhelming crit feat
SetLocalInt( oWeapon, "oc", 23 );

While I understand these will override the weapons, and grant the feature to the item - eg Improved Critical for Mages, if they have Epic Spell Penetration etc - if applied to a stave and the number = that feat number.

But will it behave as normal, if the Local int is non-existant.... what about 0 values - which is also a feat number?

eg- If these features are enabled in a PW via the ini, will the default bioware system still operate for my items/weapons, if they possess no local ints.

Thanks again,
Im glad someone created a nwnx_events using the fast call method of runscript.

I had created one a while back, with help from MaxRock, but lost the source.

It seemed back then, that the old asm call method for RunScript was incompatible with the new fast call methods. (would cause a crash).
Hence my happiness to have a fastcall RunScript.
Terra_777

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only ubab and finesse require a local-int. The rest will function as normal if no local int is present. Disabling the inisettings will disable the plugin features and the default would be true.

Also, does setpvp likes me work? I wasnt able to try that as I'm solo.
Baaleos

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:38    Post subject: I havent tested Reply with quote

I havent tested your latest version yet.

But if it is the same hook from the post I gave you, then it will

1. Both Players still get the 'Playername no longer likes you' message
2. The Toggle Button will change

However, the players themselves will remain in the original pvp status vs eachother.

I used this hook originally to enforce pvp dislike status between vampire and non-vampire players.

The only issue I did find, was that it could be bypassed via party formation.
This essentially allows you to bypass the hook, and become friendly to someone, even while the hook is in effect.

Maybe that would be another candidate for hooking?

Party Invitations?
Daijin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:10    Post subject: nwnx_cool Reply with quote

Ok hmm. I hooked it up.

But it is preventing anyone from unequipping weapons. logs say they cannot because the item is cursed.

Says it is in talk, but does not show ingame.

Anyone have any ideas why its doing this?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Terra_777

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't change anything with the actual weapons. What I've changed are the functions that looks for specific feats for specific weapons. You should probably search your scrips for SetItemCursedFlag.
Daijin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was hoping someone knew about this and could explain how to fix it. The asterisk key * for the camera also crashes it.

I put the ini settings in nwnx.ini, moved the scripts to temp0 module folder, compiled it with the nwntx compiler on the toolset.

Am i missing any other setup?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Baaleos

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a nwnx plugin.
Not a nwntx plugin.

This will NOT crash the client, if they press the * key, as the plugin should ONLY exist on the server side.
If the plugin is being used as a client plugin, then it is down to user error.
Daijin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here is a more detailed description:

Windows 7 64 bit (6.1, Build 7601)
Intel i7-2600 cpu @ 3.40 ghz (8 cpus)
8192 mb ram
DirectX 11

I run nwnx2.exe (2.6.1.0)

With the plugins:
nwnx_chat.dll (0.3.4.0)
nwnx_deletechar.dll (0? 1/18/2006 409pm)
nwnx_fixes.dll (1.0.5.0)
nwnx_leto.dll (0? 3/19/2004 456pm)
nwnx_odbc.dll (0.9.2.4)
nwnx_resetplugin.dll (0? 11/23/2005 902pm)
nwnx_TMI.dll (0? 11/29/2008 759pm)
nwnx-module.dll (2.6.1.0)

NWNTX.dll (1.0.0.0)
nwntx_compiler.dll (0? 6/26/2011 112pm)

Ran the patch to alter nwnmain.exe with the Client extender which i think uses:
nwncx.dll (0.1.0.3)
nwncx_disablems.dll (0? 8/4/2011 338pm)
nwncx_dmtest.dll (0? 8/4/2011 338pm)
nwncx_nwnxbridge.dll (0? 8/4/2011 338pm)
nwncx_tweaks.dll (0? 8/4/2011 338pm)

Here is the problem I had with all that setup. SIMTools runs fine and dandy and players can send tells to each other without issue, unless I log in as DM or Player on the same machine that is the nwnserver then Tells crash the whole server. Just Tells though. /dm, and anything else worked fine, although if a player was dying from 0 to -9 hit points and tried to chat, it crashed his nwn client, but server was fine.

I could not figure it out. Funky Swerve (thank you, Funky) tried to help me figure it out, he suspected it was a plugin issue for maybe win 64 bit, but was not 100% certain.

I also had a problem with nwnxcool: Hooking it up, and putting in the scripts in the module had the following issues: Hitting the * key for the drive camera, crashed the client (not server). Also trying to unequip anything with the weapon_hook=1 made it impossible to do so, saying in talk, you cannot unequip this item, it is cursed (but only on the logs, it did not show ingame).

After drawing from Funky Swerve's conclusion, I went through everything step by step trying to figure it out.

Here is what I found out.

The patched version of NWNCX does not work on this machine with SIMtools or nwnxcool. Maybe its the altering of the nwnmain.exe, I dont know. I am a not a scripter or even coder, just noticed the issues stopped when i put back in the original nwnmain.exe.
Daijin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, further testing shows that tell routing from SIMTools still crashes it, but at least with that off, tells wont crash the server when I am logged in as player or DM. Apparently linked to some form of tell routing that turned to any tell when DM/player was logged on the same server machine with nwncx patched in the nwnmain.exe.

Nwnxcool is running fine now, much to my joy.

I am hoping that this can be figured out, I like all the functions, but have to have the client extender off or those with ill intent just can crash server with tells. Rolling Eyes

These are my observations so far. I can supply more info if needed, and can run tests if needed too.
xardex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the weapon integers work for CEP weapons? Or items like the "magic staff"? Also am I just blind or is there no local int for devastating critical?

Awesome plugin anyway, this really opens up alot of doors I couldn't open before. Smile
Daijin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

xardex wrote:
Would the weapon integers work for CEP weapons? Or items like the "magic staff"? Also am I just blind or is there no local int for devastating critical?

Awesome plugin anyway, this really opens up alot of doors I couldn't open before. Smile

They work for CEP weapons yep. Very Happy Yeah, did not see devastating critical. Not that the server run uses it anyway.
Terra_777

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

The localints work for any object treated as a weapon. There is no dev integer because its an event.

Here is a snippet dev check I wrote for nwnx_cool.nss

Code:

//Critical hit
    else if( nEvent == 8 ){

//GetEventData for critical hit returns the base item type used
        if( GetHasDev( GetEventData( ), oPC ) ){

/*

Its possible to make dev do something else here and just bypass the standard dev-check

*/

//Let the game do the dev
            ByPass( TRUE );
        }
        //oPC doesnt have the required feat, don't do dev
        else
            ByPass( FALSE );
    }

Code:
int GetHasDev( int nBaseItemType, object oPC ){

int nFeat = -1;
    switch( nBaseItemType ){

//The standard weaponry
        case BASE_ITEM_BASTARDSWORD: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_BASTARDSWORD; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_BATTLEAXE: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_BATTLEAXE; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_CLUB: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_CLUB; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_DAGGER: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_DAGGER; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_DART: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_DART; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_DIREMACE: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_DIREMACE; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_DOUBLEAXE: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_DOUBLEAXE; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_DWARVENWARAXE: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_DWAXE; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_GREATAXE: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_GREATAXE; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_GREATSWORD: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_GREATSWORD; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_HALBERD: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_HALBERD; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_HANDAXE: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_HANDAXE; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_HEAVYCROSSBOW: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_HEAVYCROSSBOW; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_HEAVYFLAIL: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_HEAVYFLAIL; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_KAMA: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_KAMA; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_KATANA: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_KATANA; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_KUKRI: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_KUKRI; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_LIGHTCROSSBOW: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_LIGHTCROSSBOW; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_LIGHTFLAIL: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_LIGHTFLAIL; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_LIGHTHAMMER: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_LIGHTHAMMER; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_LIGHTMACE: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_LIGHTMACE; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_LONGBOW: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_LONGBOW; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_LONGSWORD: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_LONGSWORD; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_MORNINGSTAR: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_MORNINGSTAR; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_QUARTERSTAFF: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_QUARTERSTAFF; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_RAPIER: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_RAPIER; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_SCIMITAR: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_SCIMITAR; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_SCYTHE: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_SCYTHE; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_SHORTBOW: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_SHORTBOW; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_SHORTSPEAR: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_SHORTSPEAR; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_SHORTSWORD: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_SHORTSWORD; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_SHURIKEN: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_SHURIKEN; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_SICKLE: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_SICKLE; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_SLING: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_SLING; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_THROWINGAXE: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_THROWINGAXE; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_TRIDENT: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_TRIDENT; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_TWOBLADEDSWORD: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_TWOBLADEDSWORD; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_WARHAMMER: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_WARHAMMER; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_WHIP: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_WHIP; break;

//Handle unarmed
        case BASE_ITEM_INVALID: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_UNARMED; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_BRACER: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_UNARMED; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_GLOVES: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_UNARMED; break;

//Creature weapons
        case BASE_ITEM_CBLUDGWEAPON: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_CREATURE; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_CPIERCWEAPON: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_CREATURE; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_CSLASHWEAPON: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_CREATURE; break;
        case BASE_ITEM_CSLSHPRCWEAP: nFeat = FEAT_EPIC_DEVASTATING_CRITICAL_CREATURE; break;

default: return FALSE;
    }

//Sanity: feat found, check if oPC has it
    if( nFeat != -1 )
        return GetHasFeat( nFeat, oPC );

//No feat found for the baseitemtype used
    return FALSE;
}

xardex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh doh! I should have figured. It's all good now, but I can't seem to get ubab to work. At least ubab refuses to work when I set the amount of attacks with the plugin. (Only 1 normal attack on character)

Code:
SetLocalInt(oItem, "mainattks", 3);
SetLocalInt(oItem, "ubab", 1);
werehound

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anychance of setting bonus damage (i.e. char sheet "+XX" modifer for base damage) or attack progression.

You have a "ubab" setting, but can you, perchance, set a "attkprog" int to 6, and have each subsequent attack be at -6?

Will setting
"ubab" on a weapon change it to, effectively, be a monk weapon? (i.e. bonus monk attacks and -3 attack progression?

Any chance of being able to set a weapon as a "monk weapon" for the attack bonus (like kamas)?

Perhaps the ability to, on the fly, edit weapon threat ranges or critical multipliers?
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

werehound wrote:
Anychance of setting bonus damage (i.e. char sheet "+XX" modifer for base damage)

+1 there, pretty please Terra Razz

Quote:
Will setting
"ubab" on a weapon change it to, effectively, be a monk weapon? (i.e. bonus monk attacks and -3 attack progression?

Any chance of being able to set a weapon as a "monk weapon" for the attack bonus (like kamas)?

Yes thats how variable ubab works, I was able to get shuriken and quaterstaff working. However there were some technical difficulties as this plugin removes "wrong weapon" check when you toggle flurry of blows so you need to re-script it. PM me if you want to spare some time I will give you my code.

Btw Terra, seems that you have changed flurry of blows action mode so it doesn't get automatically toggled off. This is very cool, would be something like that possible with other modes like expertise?

Also Im currently using a custom feat that replaces default power attack to achieve different bonus damage on two handed weapons (2x) and offhand weapons (none). It would be awesome if I could make this possible via default power attack. To do this I would probably need to be able to retain combat mode active but without any default bonuses being granted. Its not so important but maybe you like the concept and allow this in further releases.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: