logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX Weapons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daijin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terra_777 wrote:
Weapon of choice isnt set on the weapon, its set on the wielder.

inc_cool includes functions to do this for you

Code:
//This will set the weapon of choise feat for oWeapon
//Which means it'll apply to all weapons of the same type
//0 or less resets to default behavior
//ATTN: This only works for the owner of the weapon, thus if the weapon swaps owner this needs to set again
void SetWeaponOfChoiseFeat( object oWeapon, int nFeat );

I know, its very clunky, I'll see if I can't do this in a nicer way but for the moment you need to set this on acquired, as for ubab, its a boolean. ubab can either be true or false, ubab is set on the actual weapon though.

Setting an onequip and reset on unequip on the PC worked. Thanks! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Antegate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win XP3

Feat weapon finesse doesn't work :'(
SunnyVercett

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an error when loading this extension. Error 127, the specific procedure could not be found.

I'm currently using NWNx 2.7 beta4, MySQL community server 5.1 and Visual C++ Redistributable 2012 installed, and .NET Framework from 1.0 to 4.0. The OS is WindowsXP 32bit by the way. Other plugins like odbc and profiler can be loaded without a problem. My gut-felling is that it's an external error, not due to this extension itself. There probably are some vital plugins or files missing in my PC.

So Terra, or anyone else who also has experienced a similar problem, do you have any suggestion on solving this? Do i need to install more software or runtime? Is there a must-have extension for nwnx cool to work properly?

Thanks for your time!

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Solved.

Use ShadoOow's modification of nwnx_cool.dll.

It's here. http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2089
Baaleos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
Im using nwnx_cool, and for some reason, the immunity from Perfect Self feat, seems to have vanished.

Eg: The feat is added to players/characters, but the immunity is not conveyed

Im not sure where in the scripting, or in the c++ code this might be getting caused by - anyone have any ideas where I should look?
Baaleos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:22    Post subject: ignore my post Reply with quote

As it turns out, Perfect Self doesnt create an effect listing in the character page.
But on testing it does seem that the Monk is immune to mind spells at level 20, and they receive the 20/1 reduction too.
My seemed to be of the opinion that there should have been an effect listing in the character screen for both.
highv priest

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I wanted to ask what you used to decompile the nwn engine, furthermore, I find your CoolRandom function doesn't seem to work. I call it and it doesn't randomize the number, it simply just sends the number back to me. I figured hey maybe this random number system just likes me, but rolling the maximum number out of a random of 20, 50 times would be such amazing luck I could of won the lottery 3 times over.
Terra_777

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use IDA with hexrays. The random stuff, doesnt sound like its working. It not much better then stock nwn anyways, need a better algorithm.
highv priest

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I use random -a lot- on my server. To the extent I feel it damages the base nwn's ability to actually -be- random hah. I notice bizarre streaks at times that border the outrageous. At one point I rolled a 1, 17 times in a -row-, which prevented me from destroying a chest for a good 30 seconds and in one battle among players I killed -everyone- with implosions(including my own team) that were ALL 1's(There was 12 players, that's pretty outrageous). I use a random from nwvault which operates off server millisecond, second, blah blah in conjunction with nwn's random switched on a periodic basis depending on whether current real life clock millisecond(thanks for that function btw) is an odd or even number, still I feel this isn't random enough as I do sometimes see streaks, I was hoping to add in CoolRandom too, so that there would be 3 alternating randoms triggering based on whether current millisecond in real life time is less then 20, less then 40, or greater then 40.

Point being I'm just looking for different randoms to -keep- it random and I'd make my own except I feel it's -really- not random unless someone else did it, so I don't know how it works as that would cheapen the random effect for me.

I would also like to thank you for the effort you put into nwn, I work on my own nwnx plugins, but because of 2 jobs, DMing, and scripting in nwn, it takes me MASSIVELY longer then you and every part you do is getting me closer to my ultimate goal. NWN will become a cult classic like many other mostly unknown games, I shall see to it, even if I have to buy advertising.
Terra_777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random has been a pain in the ass for me too. I'll see if I can work some magic.
Terra_777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo, nwnx random is here:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=964767fb0c3a645b&id=964767FB0C3A645B!892 (!892 is part of the link, you're gonna have to copypaste)

download the nwnx_random.zip, it has everything needed. If you want the source its in the skydrive too. This plugin brings http://www.random.org/ into nwn. Cool
highv priest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might seem dumb, but how do I actually generate the numbers? o.o

Do I just use the standard random functions in nwn and it will replace those numbers with numbers from this plugin? or do I use CoolRandom and it will use these numbers?

Downloading all the different versions of visual studio now so I can check what the actual code says hah(hard drive in laptop died and need to load everything back in).

Edit = F$%@ can't download 2005 anymore, how many nwnx .dll's use 2005 edition?
Terra_777

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

It replaces nwnx rand and internal rand functions by itself. You might need to download it again since I made some changes to it. Its compiled in visual studio 2013.

If you got several servers on the same IP its important that you don't make simultaneous requests, solve this by disallowing all but one server from downloading and then point all of them to the same cache. Should random.org turn slow you can use the nwscript function to toggle downloading off. the .RND files it generates can be opened just fine in notepad.

All you need to do is place it in your nwn folder and set the inisettings:

Code:
Cache="./logs/"
MaxCache=10000
Log=false
NoDownload=false
PreferStock=false
NoReuse=false
DownloadUrl="http://www.random.org/integers/?num=10000&min=0&max=32767&col=1&base=10&format=plain&rnd=new"
QuotaUrl="http://www.random.org/quota/?format=plain"

Cache should be a path to an existing folder using forward slashes and it has to end with one.

MaxCache is the maximum allowed files saved.

Log if true will log all numbers its giving to nwn.

NoDownload if true the plugin will stop downloading random numbers from random.org and attempt using only numbers from the cache. There is a nwscript function to set this flag too.

PreferStock if true the plugin will simply use the normal rand() instead of using cached numbers.

NoReuse if true the plugin will ALWAYS request new numbers when its internal buffer runs out.

DownloadUrl should be a url to a site which request returns a plain list of numbers.

QuotaUrl url for a request that returns a single number that stands for how much quota you got left.
highv priest

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replaces nwnx rand? What is nwnx rand? o.o

Is that the CoolRandom function? or is it replacing itself?
Terra_777

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

nwn uses rand and its own rand which uses somesort of voodoo with some random data to seed itself. Replaced both of them with hooks so just placing the plugin means that nwn gets feed numbers from random.org if available.
highv priest

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome! Quick question though, what are the maximum/minimum bounds this random can support?(IE Default nwn is 65,000 and many other random generators have some such limitation). and can I change said maximum bounds simply by specifying so in the download URL(it says 32,000 something is max in it)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: