logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prestige classes without haks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wallack

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 17:36    Post subject: Prestige classes without haks Reply with quote

Hello.

I was wondering about adding prestige classes to my module without haks. Not a lot of them, only a few.

I've come across 2 possibilities:

Using linux and nwnx_haks ... but I don't know much about linux and should change a lot of things.

Using .2da and adding all the strings to the CEP.tlk (2.4 for example) and telling the players who want to use the prestige clases to download a custom .tlk (but as it has the same name as theirs they can still play).

Is there any other posibility?

Kind regards.
Baaleos

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

nwnx_haks would NOT make this possible.

nwnx haks merely hides haks from the client.
Meaning that it would allow entry into the server, to clients who dont have the hak - the side effect of this, is that the hak contents are never loaded client side.

However - in order for the clients to see the prestige classes, they would still need the hak contents on their local computer.
And in order for nwn to display that content, the server would need to have the hak's visible to the client, for nwn to know to load the hak.

The best you will get is either

1. Download the content to your players in the form of un-hak'd content - which would go into the override directory - this way, the content becomes optional, and you dont need to use haks because the content is stored in 2da's in the override directory instead.

2. Create Pseudo Classes - where players can level up, or change class via conversation - of course this information will NOT be displayed in the character screen, it will however allow you to do stat, feat, skill changes etc.
But the class names will remain the same as what they were on character creation/levelup.
Wallack

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misunterstood!

hehe, what I meant is that I need to add the strings to the .tlk (can I create names and descriptions of clases without .tlk) so they should need to download a .tlk

What I want is, to make people being able to join without downloading anything, meaning that they won't see the classes, and if they want, they can download the override to access even more content (meaning prcs).

In that case they should also have the same .TLK so my thought was to add the strings into the cep24.tlk which everyone has (making them able to join), and then, when they want to access the content will just download an override and an updated .tlk

I was looking for a way of doing it witouth needing the .tlk, that's all!!

Kind regards.
Fireboar

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't add any strings to interface elements without using a custom TLK, unless the string happens to already exist in a TLK you're already using.
Wallack

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, then, maybe, my best option, is to add the strings to a TLK that almost everyone should have (CEP 2.4) and then, tell them to download an updated version if they want to access to the custom content, right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: