logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Caps
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxRock

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 20:16    Post subject: Caps Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this has been discussed and dismissed but has anybody tried to get around the different caps of the game? Like the +12 for abilities, +20 on attack bonus, etc.
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, acaos haxxored the +12 ability cap for us just recently. We can go up to +16, though I think he allowed for a greater range than that (I would guess +20).

Funky
MaxRock

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of this being released to the (windows) public? Very Happy
Asparius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested also - especially in attack/skill bonus.
Zebranky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see hooks for this anywhere in SVN, but no matter. Found the relevant code in Win32. Will hook it after I grab food. Wink

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
Zebranky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Committed as part of nwnx_fixes. Ability and skill hooks work great, but I can't figure out how to test the AB hook. Weapon bonuses and EffectAbilityIncrease both seem to bypass the +20 cap. Any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind, apparently the character sheet displays it improperly. This is probably a client bug, so not readily fixed.

Binary at http://mercuric.net/nwn/nwnx/nwnx_fixes-svn40.dll. NWNX.ini options are cap_ability_inc, cap_atkbonus_inc, cap_skill_inc, and their _dec counterparts (increases and decreases have separate caps). Don't set them to 0 (the plugin will ignore it), and don't set them absurdly high (things could break).

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
max196

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone has released it for linux?
MaxRock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zebranky wrote:
Committed as part of nwnx_fixes. Ability and skill hooks work great, but I can't figure out how to test the AB hook. Weapon bonuses and EffectAbilityIncrease both seem to bypass the +20 cap. Any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind, apparently the character sheet displays it improperly. This is probably a client bug, so not readily fixed.

Binary at http://mercuric.net/nwn/nwnx/nwnx_fixes-svn40.dll. NWNX.ini options are cap_ability_inc, cap_atkbonus_inc, cap_skill_inc, and their _dec counterparts (increases and decreases have separate caps). Don't set them to 0 (the plugin will ignore it), and don't set them absurdly high (things could break).

You're awsome! Very Happy
Asparius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxRock wrote:
Zebranky wrote:
Committed as part of nwnx_fixes.(...)

You're awsome! Very Happy

I have to agree Smile
Lokey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying ability and ab, both seem to be working but haven't hit limits of 30/40 respectively yet to tell that absolutely everything is kosher.

Not doing skills since the standard 50 bonus butts up against the 127 rollover problem already. Will think about lowering, and keep apprised of bugs encountered.
Disco

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a list of all the ini settings for nwnx_fixes?
Lokey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the following list:
Code:
[FIXES]
copy_vars = 0                # Copy local variables on stack split and on store transaction,
                             # fire OnDisturbed when you merge a stack from a placeable
compare_vars = 0             # If set to 1, items with different local vars don't stack
;keep_hidden_in_conversation = 0  # If set to 1, creatures don't
                             # unhide when they start a conversation
hp_limit = -10               # Negative HP limit - values up to -127 are allowed
;hide_charlist_all = 1        # If used, comment the three below
hide_charlist_dms = 1        # Should be self-explanatory
hide_charlist_levels = 1
;hide_charlist_portraits = 1
cap_ability_inc = 30
cap_atkbonus_inc = 40
cap_skill_inc = 50
cap_ability_dec = 30
cap_atkbonus_dec = 40
cap_skill_dec = 50
debuglevel = 3                 # For troubleshooting 7/2009
LogLevel = 2

debuglevel was a specific hack for checking Zeb's dm hiding stuff. I'm not sure if this plugin has much in the way of logging.

Keeping track of what ini settings are available and what they do has always been a challenge Sad
Zebranky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done. That's a complete list (for Win32, anyway), though the LogLevel option doesn't do anything for fixes (there's a lot of inconsistency in which plugins use debuglevel and which use LogLevel). debuglevel does modify some logging (particularly levels 2, 3, and 4), but they're mostly only useful if you're... well, debugging. Smile

Disco

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I don't sound too demanding, but perhaps it's handy to enclose this with the fixes dll? It's quite easy to download it now without noticing all it's options.

Question: if I disable the negative HP limit, does it do anything at all? Now it explicitely keeps the status quo (-10 is the max in standard NWN, right?). Same goes for the other caps. I don't want to use them, so should I disable/remove the lines or not?
Baaleos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:13    Post subject: Overpowering? Reply with quote

Hi guys,
While I totally love this plugin, I was wondering if any of your players have commented on it making their player characters over powered?

I myself have no concerns, because It actually opens up avenues for a new system I started a year or so ago, but could not complete, because of the +12 limit.

I've changed all limits to +30 on my server now,

and the hope is that I can create a function, on the onSpawn function of all monsters, that causes them to spawn with ability bonuses, ac and ab bonuses scaled with the player who spawned them, or the strongest member of their party, in the area.

The effect should be monsters becoming moderately harder if the player is really strong.

Was just wondering if anyone else ever considered this, since this plugin pretty much opens up this line of development.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: