logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Talus Speech Plugin Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:26    Post subject: Talus Speech Plugin Help Reply with quote

Hi, not sure if this goes here or not if not - sorry Smile

Anyway. I'm trying to use the Talus speech system. I'm using NWNx2 and a MySQL server (Direct). Everything is working as its supposed to but when i run into a few problems when i use the speech system

Firstly i can run the original external program from Talus and it picks up the speech perfectly "But" i starts up witht eh error (First line in the box) saying "Error: Unable to connect to database" - I know everything works as i've been using this setup for a while and i've already ran the setup mod and the table ARE in the database when i look.

Secondly i try with the new plugin, the oldest version of the plugin makes the server crash about 4 secs after it starts up and the nwnx log comes up with this error
Quote:
* An error occured while loading extension speech (126: The specified module could not be found. )
I do have the right interface set in the .ini file. When i try with the second version of the plugin it loads alright but the speech log comes up with this error
Quote:
NWNX2 Speech version 0.1.6 for Windows.
Copyright 2005 (C) Jeroen Broekhuizen

1. \Device\NPF_GenericNdisWanAdapter (Generic NdisWan adapter)
2. \Device\NPF_{C6A1B72A-1C33-47EB-BAA1-EA6ADE5743D0} (Marvell Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (Microsoft's Packet Scheduler) )
x Unable to open the adapter. \Device\NPF_GenericNdisWanAdapter is not supported by WinPcap

I have the interface in the ini set to "2" though it looks like it keeps trying to use number 1 or dies on 1 or something? When i disable interface 1 (I think interface one is something taht comes with Windows XP as i didn't put it in, no idea what it does and it only shows up after you click show hidden devices in device manage - i had to do a process of elimination by disabling and reenabling each thing in the list till i found i was missing when the server starts). If i disable that the server crashes on start (Yes i did set the interface back to 1)

Can anyone help me? Is there something i'm missing? If the plugins still working dispite that error message, then how come its not saving the speech text to the database?

I'm using Windows XP Home SP2
MySQL 4.1 Server with the ODBC2 plugin
NWNx2(v.2.6.1)
WinPcap v3.1 beta4 (For Talus)

Runing on a
Pentium 4 2.4Ghz Northwood "c"
768mb DDR400 Ram
8i848P-G Mobo
20gb 5200rpm HDD (With about 70% still free)

Also as a matter of interest, does this plugin automatically remove old text entries in the database ? So that the database doesn't get stupidly large? or do i have to do it my self? If not does anyone know of any program or script or something that can do it for me - I saw one on these forums for checking the expiration value - does that still work?
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 19:02    Post subject: Current beta Reply with quote

http://lanthar.dyndsl.com/downloads/lds_talus_speech_301b_win.rar

Grab that copy instead. It includes DMFI 1.07 functionality too... theoretically.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shadow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay sweet will give that a go thanks
Shadow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that sort of worked. I downloaded that, updated my mod with the new code, - Deleted and replaced all the old stuff with the new stuff and now the listen window (The one that comes up through nwnx) works, it captures all my text and such perfectly (btw i love the new window. The old dos box one never told me if it was a Tell or a shout etc Very Happy)

Anyways i did all that but i still get a "Cannot connect to Database" error when it starts. Even though i ran the setup mod and pulled the table creation button and all. I checked for the tables in the database and they ARE there - so did i miss an option somewhere? (I changed the "UseDatabase" option in the ini file to 1 from 0). right now i've got it logging to an unsightful txt file.

Logging to a text file is good enough. I suppose the server takes less performance hits when its not using the Database? - either way is there any options or something i missed regarding the DB?
Lanthar D'Alton

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:15    Post subject: On logging... and the reason you don't need to worry Reply with quote

Okay, well I reworked the logging in the next copy to be out shortly... but honestly, the log file doesn't need to exist for the listener to work. When you launched that test mod, everything should have been functioning. I've not continued testing with the database mode for some time now, since the dll version doesn't need a database to work.

Turn that Use Database flag off. You really don't want it on anyway. The dll version of the listener is way more efficient as it actually maintains the things people say in an internal temporary thingy (highly technical term, don't ask me to explain it). Anyway, that results in far faster response since the server just asks nwnx and nwnx responds immediately, instead of going out to the database, firing a query, waiting..., getting db response, and sending it back to server... so, turn off that flag.

Next... The logging is about to get way cleaner. My newest changes will continue to be discussed here:

http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=57&start=45
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shadow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh ok. I only really want logging to a file so later, if the server crashes and the listen window is restarted (Thus everything in it lost), i can still go to the log file and look through

So i'm happy with a text file

Thanks for your help, i'll keep an eye on that other thread - keep up the great work Smile

Your all welcome in my mod when its up and running Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: