logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNServer crashing does not cause NWNX to restart it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zephyrys

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:48    Post subject: NWNServer crashing does not cause NWNX to restart it Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm running Windows XP on my dedicated server and I'm having an issue with the Watchdog function of NWNX. Occasionally, NWNServer crashes with the message "NWNServer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". This window stays up until someone clears it. Unfortunately, NWNX seems to regard this as NWNServer still running and does not restart the server with its Watchdog function. Is there any method of getting around this?
Baaleos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it popup asking about debugging?

I had the similar issue.
For me, the Just in Time debugger from visual studio was keeping nwnserver open, which had the consequence of preventing nwnx from creating a new instance, and binding it successfully to the nwnserver port designated.

Result was that the server would start up bound to port -1.

Disabled just in time debugger via regedit.
Change

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug\Debugger to be something like

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug\Debugger_disabled

You wont even need a restart.
This will only fix the issue, if the issue was indeed caused by the debugger.
Zephyrys

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue was actually caused by Microsoft's own error-reporting dialogue. I found there was a way to turn said dialogue off. It has not crashed yet, so I have yet to fully test it, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't have done the trick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: