logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I start?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
highv priest

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:44    Post subject: How do I start? Reply with quote

I spend a lot of time and I mean A LOT of time playing around with various types of programming languages doing lots of fun things(it's why I'm still doing dev work in nwn and it's why I in-general keep trying to script and edit things in virtually every game I play), but I'm a relative noob at injection coding. Any type of method I've had in the past to insert code within something else has been entirely from some other guy and I just made changes after that point(not unlike NWNX).

Anyway, I'd like to actually do that, my proficiency with all forms of C/python/java is very high, I just don't know how to actually decompile nwn or get the hex locations where these things actually happen(basically I know how to write code, but don't know how to rip code out of other things and inject my code into it).

My ultimate hope is to be able to change the maximum player cap on the server, so far as I can tell no public nwnx dll exists for this, but I certainly know it's possible because other servers have done it lolz.
Lokey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://github.com/addicted2rpg/NWNX2-windows

I'll let others post about tools and who to ask about function signatures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: