logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNCX failed CRC and Failed Connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Idle Anon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 14:10    Post subject: NWNCX failed CRC and Failed Connection Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm wondering if there are any mirrors other than at
http://www.neverwinternights.info/nwncx.htm
for v0.2.8? I have tried several times to download and extract the files from all of the download links and I always get an "Unexpected end of archive" and "CRC failed in 'nwncx_serverlist.dll."

Note related, a fellow player has reported that he's still receiving a message that the client is failing to connect to the master server after patching in NWNCX. Does anyone know what this is?

Thanks
Baaleos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect the error your player is getting may be related to the recent desolation of the Gamespy infrastructure:
Its impacted quite alot

It was being kept online in a passive maintenance mode or other - but it seems that the last nail has been put into the coffin and taken offline completely.

As result - I get errors when I go online - saying 'Try another nickname' etc

It slows down getting online, but doesnt break anything permanently.

As for the mirrors issue:

I was able to download and extract nwnx_serverlist from
http://www.neverwinternights.info/Downloads/nwncx-0_2_8_cs.rar

Try downloading, save as, then open:

Sometimes windows will put the rar file in temp folder, and it gets deleted or closed before the extraction is complete.
Idle Anon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply and link. I got a CRC error from that one as well. If it worked for you, I have no idea why it isn't working for me...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: