logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nwnx_chat on Windows 8.1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
highv priest

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

The version I have is the latest one from Maxrock, it has a modified year of 2013, your version's last modified year is 2005.

But I actually have 2 different nwnx versions on my server computer, one from 2005, and one from 2013, and the server with the 2005 one can use nwnx chat just fine it seems....

EDIT= Hilariously the version I have which appears to not be compatible with nwnx chat is the 2.7 beta4, the other one works fine, then again the nwnx for the one with nwnx chat working has compatibility for windows XP service pack 3.
Terra_777

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a new one from scratch because the old one is full of assembly garbage everywhere. http://www.filedropper.com/nwnxchat_1 too drunk to test it right now but it'll work because I said so.

Source can be found here: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=964767FB0C3A645B&id=964767FB0C3A645B!8050
Balanor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

So to resolve this I ended up copying the entire damn NWN folder from our live server to the test server. I had just copied the NWNX files before but that didn't work. I had tried redownloading different versions of them and that didn't work either. So while this is fixed at least, I apparently have some problem with my new installs of NWN and NWNX though, which is pretty disconcerting.

Regardless, thank you Terra and Highpriest, for the help.
Terra_777

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldnt have any problems as long as you keep everything up to date. Which in most cases requires you to dig though windows dev to get mine and maxrocks stuff. The nwnx_chat I posted here is a completely new plugin with based of the old chat plugin for compatibility.
Balanor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I’m continuing to really struggle with the Windows chat plugin.

I recently found that I have been running the old 2.6.1 version of NWNX. So on three machines that I have NWN installed (one with Windows 7, and two with Windows 8.1), I updated to NWNX 2.7 (beta?) and updated from nwnx_chat-0.3.4 to nwnx_chat-4.0.1. NWNX and the chat plugin work great on these three machines, and fixes stuff with plugins like nwnx_funcs I never knew were broken until now.

Just now I recently tried to update NWNX and the chat plugin on our live server, running Windows 7, and the goddamn chat plugin now fails to load on *only* that machine. NWNX is running in Windows XP compatibility mode as administrator. I even tried the trick of copying the entire NWN folder from the working Windows 7 machine to the server, but the plugin fails to load every time with this in the nwnx log:
Code:

NWN Extender V.2.7-beta4
(c) 2004 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon) and Jeroen Broekhuizen
(c) 2007-2008 by virusman
visit us at http://www.nwnx.org

* Loading plugins...
* An error occured while loading extension chat (126: The specified module could not be found. )
* Plugin cool is loaded.
* Plugin fixes-svn40 is loaded.
* Plugin funcs is loaded.
* Plugin leto is loaded.
* Plugin resetplugin is loaded.
* NWNX2 activated.

I also tried Terra’s nwnx_chat-0.3.5 and while the plugin at least loads, as soon as the module finishes loading, the NWNServer application crashes and the nwnx log looks like this with the error at the bottom:
Code:

NWN Extender V.2.7-beta4
(c) 2004 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon) and Jeroen Broekhuizen
(c) 2007-2008 by virusman
visit us at http://www.nwnx.org

* Loading plugins...
* Plugin chat is loaded.
* Plugin cool is loaded.
* Plugin fixes-svn40 is loaded.
* Plugin funcs is loaded.
* Plugin leto is loaded.
* Plugin resetplugin is loaded.
* NWNX2 activated.
* Library ODBC!SPACER does not exist.* NWNX2 shutting down...
* NWNX2 shutdown successfull.

Can anyone help me out with why these plugins are failing on this machine? I am extremely frustrated that this is working on THREE OTHER machines, but it consistently fails on the one where I really need it to work.
Balanor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one, huh?

How about this then, can someone at least tell me what those errors mean?

* An error occured while loading extension chat (126: The specified module could not be found. )

-and-

* Library ODBC!SPACER does not exist.* NWNX2 shutting down...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: