logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'favored enemy' ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xorbaxian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:46    Post subject: 'favored enemy' ? Reply with quote

i was wondering if there is a function in nwnx to allow a designer to specify favored enemy feats so the engine will take them into account for new races. something similar to how the SetWeaponImprovedCriticalFeat() works for weapons.

i notice there was some discussion for hooking favored enemy in the windows forum -- did anything come of this ?

if there's nothing currently available, what would be the chances of getting it added ? *beg* *beg*
xorbaxian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump*
xorbaxian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any more dev work being done on nwnx, or am i posting these things simply to take up a few more bytes in the phpbb database ?
leo_x

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most development these days seems to go on in forks. Some public, some private.

I don't believe that there is such a function available. It wouldn't be hard to make one tho, especially if you were willing to roll up sleeves and modify the code to suit your servers needs rather than have a nice NWScript interface. And so building your own plugins, etc.
Ravine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if i'm wrong, but favored enemy is just a class feat, and you can add them to races through 2da's (and hak files of course). I think you can add feats to a character other ways also, but if there is no hak for it and ELC is on, you can end up an illegal character.
Or, you can add a feat as an effect as i did sometimes, which is works well also if you script it (readding effect after rest/death etc).
leo_x

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took him to mean that he has custom races and FE feats for which he'd like to get the Favored Enemy bonuses. Probably could do some scripty stuff to workaround it, but the actual stuff is hardcoded.
xorbaxian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

leo_x wrote:
I took him to mean that he has custom races and FE feats for which he'd like to get the Favored Enemy bonuses. Probably could do some scripty stuff to workaround it, but the actual stuff is hardcoded.
this is exactly it, yes.

i'm certainly willing to roll up my sleeves, but i'm pretty sure i don't have the expertise. i've taken a look at the source in the 'functions' subdir, but w/o knowledge of where the engine's data structures for FE are hooked [i'm assuming there's a table someplace], i won't get very far.

yes, i've considered neverscripting some work-arounds, but ideally i'd like the engine to handle this as it does for std races, otherwise i'll be bumping up against the bonus caps at the very least.
leo_x

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'll help you get things going... Here is a template you can use https://gist.github.com/jd28/2f4000ae4ad8ea0c0824. You fill all that in you are a hairbreadth from done.

Which plugins are you using? This would be easiest to add weapons or defenses probably.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: