logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows 64bit Executable?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baaleos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:46    Post subject: Windows 64bit Executable? Reply with quote

Was a windows executable or MadCHook.dll ever released that was compatible with 64bit Server instances?

I am in the process of trying to migrate from a server that uses 3.7 GB ram to one that has 4.0 GB Ram.
Unfortunately AWS doesnt seem keen for me to keep the 32bit OS, I need to use a 64Bit OS to perform this upgrade.

(I am eager to use the new Server model because it offers superior CPU capabilities as well as burst-able performance.)

Right now - my limiting factor is that it seems that when nwnx2.exe starts up: no log files appear, suggesting that the application doesn't work for 64bit.
Lokey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try 32bit system or backend stuff, I forget which OS version breaks how and with which modules. It was 32bit ODBC and something else that worked for NS3, but not many nwnx modules in use on that server.
Baaleos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me - on windows server 2003 64bit - the nwnx2.exe doesnt even spawn nwnx.txt log files

So its like the app doesn't get anywhere near injecting the dll's
Lokey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, we saw stuff like that, it just falls over. Really, how long until EoL on that OS and is it really worth the hassle to get a workable set of system files in that mess? 2k8 was a headache for us after all Smile
Baaleos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually - Im only using 2003 because 2008 wasnt working.

nwnx_chat on 2008 was crashing every 10-15 minutes on amazon EC2 instances.

2003 seemed to be the only OS that they could provision that was working reliably.
If there is a fix for the nwnx_chat crash - I'd upgrade in an instant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: