logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

buld process

View previous topic :: View next topic  
meaglyn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 17:06    Post subject: buld process Reply with quote

Hi,
It seems Cmake is the preferred build tool. If that is the case there is an issue with that process modifying a checked in file (override/Makefile) which is not ideal.

That could simply be gitignored if the regular configure/make process is deprecated. If not this will take a bit more to fix (creating a Makefile.in etc).

The configure/make process is currently broken. There is an issue leo_x noted which I suspect will be fixed, there are a few plugins which don't have install targets in the Makefile.in and at least on my opensuse there are a few that don't find the correct include files. (I need to add -I$(NWNXDIR)/include to Makefile.in in those cases. It may be that other builds of the compiler look for include subdirs of -I paths automatically?).

Is this worth submitting a fix for? Should it be left to rot? The readme and install.sh still use this method.

The readme probably wants to be adjusted to reflect the preference for cmake too.

Cheers,

Meaglyn
elven

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're currently efforting to remove all the old cruft, so this will be solved with that. :)
leo_x

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the proposed patch to remove autotools: https://github.com/NWNX/nwnx2-linux/pull/60 Please feel free to comment and make suggestions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: