logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX_Patch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotfix version v20c:

- fixed a rare crash that happened when player tried to create character in server with no module loaded
- fixed incorrectly calculated racial modifiers when calculating number of spells

Download
DarkSet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Thank you again for the plugin.

I have an issue on the server with Dwarwen Defender. He's freesing from time to time and cannot move. Is there a way to beat this or I should disable DD stance softcode?
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkSet wrote:
Hi. Thank you again for the plugin.

I have an issue on the server with Dwarwen Defender. He's freesing from time to time and cannot move. Is there a way to beat this or I should disable DD stance softcode?

This might be some unexpected behavior with the code in plugin and code in softcoded script.

Since its actually softcoded it should be fixable within NWScript. My best bet is to check the spell ID of the DD Stance effects (they should have ID now) and remove them.

Disabling this feature is not possible. The ini option for that is missing. The only way to disable this feature would be not to install CPP and not to include softcoded script for DD Stance into module.

I can try fix this but I need some more data and informations, anything common with the known cases etc. In worst case I will disable this feature in next hotfix till a solution will be found.
DarkSet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My best bet is to check the spell ID of the DD Stance effects (they should have ID now) and remove them.

Sorry, I don't understand, what you mean here? There is x2_s2_defstance default script and it has it's entry in spells.2da = 641. Default as well.
Did I miss to add any new entry for it? Or change feat.2da somehow?

I though that adding 70_s2_ddstance script with custom code is enough. Like with disarm.

There's a comment in the script:
Code:
Script for DD's defensive stance. Triggers when the defensive stance combat mode is activated.

Script only solves "OnApply" part of the feat, "OnRemove" is handled automatically by the engine.

This ability wont work without cutscene immobilize at all at this moment. Removing this effect
will result in keeping all bonuses even after stance is canceled!

NOTE: Defensive Stance works a bit differently with this script than normally. Previously,
while in defensive stance, movement action canceled it. This now won't happen at all.
Player will have to cancel it manually to be able to walk away. Unfortunately I havent found
a better way to do this yet. Maybe this can be improved in future but I don't see it as that
big issue anyway. Might be annoying in certain situations and beneficial in others hard to say.

And I have there eStance = EffectLinkEffects(eStance,EffectCutsceneImmobilize());//DO NOT REMOVE!

Maybe it's not cancelled right by the engine in 100% situations? Especially with that fix with combat modes not canceled be movement.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry, I don't understand, what you mean here? There is x2_s2_defstance default script and it has it's entry in spells.2da = 641. Default as well.
Did I miss to add any new entry for it? Or change feat.2da somehow?

that has nothing to deal with it, its about 70_s2_ddstance, this script now controlls the basic DD stance bonuses + immobility. The bonus part of it is that these effects are now therefor accessable by nwscript and they have a spell ID should be 641 but not sure now. That means that immobility can be removed by nwscript if needed.
DarkSet wrote:
Maybe it's not cancelled right by the engine in 100% situations? Especially with that fix with combat modes not canceled be movement.
Yes this is what I suspect.
DarkSet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I must try to change default x2_s2_defstance script to 70_s2_ddstance in spells.2da in the default entry, corresponding the feat? I'll check it. Thank you.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkSet wrote:
So I must try to change default x2_s2_defstance script to 70_s2_ddstance in spells.2da in the default entry, corresponding the feat? I'll check it. Thank you.
no again that has nothing to do with it, my plugin calls 70_s2_ddstance automatically no need to change 2das
DarkSet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, ok. I thought maybe it's about engine looks in 2da for an ID to cancel effect or something like that.

Debug than Smile
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkSet wrote:
Ah, ok. I thought maybe it's about engine looks in 2da for an ID to cancel effect or something like that.

Debug than Smile
I will fix it asap but first I need to find out how or rather when it is happening. Which is bit problematic in cases like this...
DarkSet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote you PM about this bug. It appears to easy to repro - just make DD, activate stance, deactivate it and relog.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

hotfix v20d:

DOWNLOAD

- fixed critical issue with softcoded version of the defensive stance
DarkSet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks! It fixed the issue. At least on test.
metagamer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing work, seriously.

Would it be possible to have the same for Linux?

The possibility to have all these hardcore fixes would me amazing, seriously!
DarkSet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 22:05    Post subject: NWNXPatch_SetTag() function Reply with quote

Tried to use NWNXPatch_SetTag() function from 70_inc_nwnx library. It works for waypoints, but does not work for area object. There's no error, just area tag remains the same it was.

Also want to ask about NWNXPatch_SetFactionId() function. Will it work on a PC?
If yes - does it mean I can add PCs to opposite factions to make them hostile to each other and not allow them to party? And changing faction reputation will automaticly work for them as for NPCs?
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 18:47    Post subject: Re: NWNXPatch_SetTag() function Reply with quote

DarkSet wrote:
Tried to use NWNXPatch_SetTag() function from 70_inc_nwnx library. It works for waypoints, but does not work for area object. There's no error, just area tag remains the same it was.

Also want to ask about NWNXPatch_SetFactionId() function. Will it work on a PC?
If yes - does it mean I can add PCs to opposite factions to make them hostile to each other and not allow them to party? And changing faction reputation will automaticly work for them as for NPCs?

This info is not there because I didn't tried it.

I will look into area tag but it might as well be a limitation I can't break.

As for set faction, IIRC I was able to put PC into NPC faction however doing so will put all npcs in that faction into his party list. Its an experimental function and you have to find the remarks and caveats yourself...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 2 of 44

Jump to: