logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX_Patch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to fix initiative roll to have a meaning, this will be in next release

as per DnD rules, character is flatfooted against those who rolled higher initiative untill he attacks for the first time.

That means that all attacks in first flurry against target who didn't attacked yet and who lost initiative will:
- ignore dodge AC
- ignore dex AC unless character has uncanny dodge II
- be considered sneak/death attack unless character is immune to sneak/critical

Normally, initiative has basically no effect, on the other hand this is quite a big buff for dexterity based characters as they tend to win initiative against all monsters.

I consider this to be a fix but I suppose this needs to be optional/disableable right?
Valbor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaDoOoW wrote:
I consider this to be a fix but I suppose this needs to be optional/disableable right?
Good idea.Very Happy

Also would be a function which could increase/decrease initiative at creature, if possible?
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valbor wrote:
ShaDoOoW wrote:
Good idea.Very Happy

Also would be a function which could increase/decrease initiative at creature, if possible?
yes definitely, up until now it was useless statistic so making function to modify the initiative was pointless, but this changes things...
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWNCX_Patch and NWNX_Patch v2.0

DOWNLOAD (vault)

Major update. I upgraded API - I merged API from nwnx_unified to work on 1.69. Also the server plugin now uses detours instead of madchook. This is an effort to make plugin portable on NWN:EE though I haven't gotten that far yet, but it is just matter of removing redundant fixes, removing client-side content and all features relying on inline hooks.

Anyway, due to this this version is highly experimental. While I tested this for several hours and everything worked properly, there might be this one functionality that worked before but that will crash the server now. So use with caution. On the other hand, with how much crashing is happening in NWN:EE I am fairly certain this plugin is safer to use Twisted Evil

Fixes to the plugin:
- Fixed tumble AC bous modification - turned out it never worked properly, it only affected the AC shown to player in character sheet but not real AC when calculating attack roll.
- Fixed bug in plugin that wasn't calculating currently taken level of prestige class into calculation of the feat requirements for casting certain level of spells.
- Fixed new sneak attack bonus feature to stack properly with Improved Sneak Attack feats (previously value from improved sneak attack feats overriden the bonus value).
- Fixed SetAbilityScore function to work properly with polymorphed characters.
- Fixed some issue with new feat uses calculation and some vanilla feats.
- Fixed special attacks not decrementing feat uses when attack missed.
- Fixed softcoded implementation of the stunning fist not working on targets with more hitdice.
- Fixed softcoded implementation of the stunning fist DC calculation - was missing the initial 10 value.
- Fixed nonfunctional custom NWScript functions NWNXPatch_EffectBonusFeat and NWNXPatch_EffectIcon.

Revisited fixes/features:
- Removed function NWNXPatch_GetRoundStarted. Function never worked as intented and cannot be fixed.
- Removed functions NWNXPatch_EffectAbilityIncreaseUncapped and NWNXPatch_EffectAttackIncreaseUncapped, use NWNXPatch_UncappedEffect instead.
- Reworked level down event to avoid TMI issue when delevelling lvl 40 character to 1. Now, event will run with event type Started and Finished for each level removed, and then with event type Completed after all levels have been removed.

New fixes and features:
- Function NWNXPatch_GetLastAttackCombatData will now also hold value of WeaponType (1 onhand 2 offhand 3 extra attack).
- Custom OnPhysicalAttacked event 70_mod_attacked will now fire for NPCs as well.
- Added possibility to make uncapped skill increase and saving throw increase bonus.
- Fixed darkvision and low light vision feats to work when granted by class. (Note: not engine fix, uses scripting and duplicate event nwnx feature).
- Fixed vanilla bug that disallowed to take feats requiring ability to cast certain level of spells if the feat was taken at 1. level of the prestige class enhancing spellcasting. (ie. taking Epic Spell Focus at 16wiz 4rog 1pm)
- Added missing feature to calculate prestige classes into feat requirements for casting certain level of spells with spontaneous casters (sorcerer/bard).
- Enabled to combine MaxLevel feat requirement with MinLevelClass. Now, if both MinLevelClass and MaxLevel are specified, the feat will be selectable only if player has no more than MaxLevel value of that class. (This is very useful to make special feat selections such as Red Wizard of Thay's second prohibited school to only show at 1. level of that class).
- Implemented extra feat requirements. To use it, add new collumn named ReqExtra into feat.2da and set this column value to 1 for the feat you want use this for. Then use feat_extra.2da that is added within this package in 2DAs folder. There are 6 new requirements:
    - PREREQFEAT3 - to where 2 required feats aren't enough, player must have specified feat
    - FeatNot - player mustn't have specified feat
    - AlignRestrict - player must have specified alignment: 1: neutral, 2: lawful, 4: chaotic, 8: good, 16: evil ;values are bitflags and therefore can be used together, ie. value 6 will allow the feat to be taken by player who is either lawful or chaotic (but not neutral), it is however not possible to make the feat selectable by lawful good character only, either lawful, good or both.
    - Race - player must be member of specific race
    - RaceNot - player mustn't be member of specific race
    - SneakLevel - player must have specific number of sneak feats, calculated are: rogue sneak attacks, BG sneak attacks, assassin death attacks, improved sneak attack feats. Also any custom content feat with Constant FEAT_SNEAK_ATTACK.

- Improved cls_bfeat_* 2DA files. You can now specify value in second column (you need to add the column first as it doesn't exist by default, name doesn't matter though I call it "Special"). When player levels up, game client will offer him number of bonus feats specified in this column. The difference is that the player will be only able to select feats with List=2, not epic bonus feats. This is useful when you don't want to allow exchanging special bonus feat such as favored enemy for epic bonus feat which is normally possible.
- Special: added code to preserve ability of Pale Master to take vanilla epic spells on level 15+ despite not fulfilling the lvl 9 spellcasting requirement.
- Implemented hardcore rules for initiative. This is an optional feature (module switch variable "72_HARDCORE_INITIATIVE") that makes character who loses initiative to be flatfooted against his attacker untill he attacks himself.
- Enabled to modify initiative bonus, use function NWNXPatch_SetInitiativeModifier.
- Enabled to make character to use monk UBAB attack progression, use function NWNXPatch_SetIsUsingMonkAttackTable.
- Added function NWNXPatch_GetEffectCasterLevel which was suprisingly missing...

New custom functions:
- NWNXPatch_UpdateCombatInformation
- NWNXPatch_ModifyNumberBonusSpells
- NWNXPatch_SetInitiativeModifier
- NWNXPatch_UncappedEffect
- NWNXPatch_SetIsUsingMonkAttackTable
- NWNXPatch_GetEffectCasterLevel

Remarks:

Regarding level down event. It was running into TMI when a lot of code was inside the event and script stripped character from multiple levels at same time. This happened because all the script calls were happening in same time with no delay so despite the script has been fired multiple times it was still counting into TMI.
As for why it is still running script for each level removed and not just once. This was important to keep because if you had a feat that grants +2 intelligence and you didn't remove the +2 int bonus at right level, delevelling would be removing more skill points from character than it should resulting in bugged character. Anything else than hard bonuses to abilities or skills can be, and should be, coded in the Completed event instead.

The new special bonus feats have only been tested on that class pre-epic levels. I am not sure what happens if you allow player to take classic bonus feat and special bonus feat on same level.

The Pale Master epic spells feature was made specifically for PRC Lite project - unless epic spell feats are modified to require spellcasting of 9th spells (which they should, but vanilla ignores this), this won't apply.

Fix for darkvision is coded inside these files: 70_mod_def_enter, 70_mod_def_lvup, 70_mod_leveldown, 70_featfix.
Antegate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very cool
Thanks

You plan to completely transfer the plug-in to EE. No change or something will be deleted?
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antegate wrote:
It is very cool
Thanks

You plan to completely transfer the plug-in to EE. No change or something will be deleted?

there are lots of issues with nwn:ee, im afraid that half of the features won't be doable... Also no client nwnx support which kills the best features of my plugin...
DarkSet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

what aout nwn2? Have you ever looked in that direction?
as i know there is client extender already. Some features are already there, but some are still not like over-capped bonuses or movement speed base changes.
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by ShaDoOoW on Tue Jul 10, 2018 21:44; edited 1 time in total
Valbor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the functions from the nwnx_funcs and nwnx_cool plugins still do not work and also crash server from used function Get/SetFirst/LastName from nwnx_cool Sad
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download Hotfix 2 - this should finally help.
Valbor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShaDoOoW wrote:
Download Hotfix 2 - this should finally help.
Functions from other plugins are working again and without crash, thank you very much Very Happy
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWNCX_Patch and NWNX_Patch v2.0a

DOWNLOAD (vault)

Just few more crash fixes. And both with very specific cases so not that important update.

Fixes to the plugin:
- fixed incompatibility with other nwnx plugins (hotfix2 update)
- fixed crash happening when scripter used ApplyEffectToObject on wrong object type (area, trigger, store, waypoint, area of effect, module) - in vanilla nothing happens so the plugin will behave the same
- fixed crash happening with devastating critical when plugin was used without (compiled) script 70_s2_devattk in module or without CPP 1.72 (which contains the script)

New fixes and features:
-

I stopped development of PRC Lite so there won't be any major updates in near future I think. I accept feature requests though.
Prodavec

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola!
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWNCX_Patch and NWNX_Patch v2.1

DOWNLOAD (vault)

New NWScript functions:
- NWNXPatch_EffectPolymorph - allows to make dynamic polymorph without using 2DA
- NWNXPatch_EffectPolymorphOptions - allows to set additional options for the polymorph effect - type of AC bonus, if are abilities replaced if lower and if items are unequipped
- NWNXPatch_GetINIString - returns value from INI file
- NWNXPatch_SetEffectString

Note that the new dynamic polymorph effect doesn't allow to specify whether the shape merges items. If you don't use community patch you need to code this feature in all shapshifting spellscripts. If you use community patch you can set these variables to merge items:
SetLocalInt(oTarget,"Polymorph_MergeI",TRUE);//items
SetLocalInt(oTarget,"Polymorph_MergeA",TRUE);//armor/helmet/shield
SetLocalInt(oTarget,"Polymorph_MergeW",TRUE);//weapon

EDIT: I forgot that there is also softcoded script for saving throws but I forgot to add it. Will update this soon. Without the script game uses vanilla saving throw code. Softcoded script allows to make a lot of stuff from feat that swap fortitude to reflex or feat that ignores rolls of 1.
Valbor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ShaDoOoW. Is it possible somehow in Polymorph to equip example: armor or shield or it requires serious changes in the code function of polymorph? or make a function like ForceEquipItemInSlot which would be able to ignore the polymorph effect when equip or unequip item and also for armor in combat condition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 43 of 44

Jump to: