logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX Unable to read from MySQL db (but can write)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireWraith

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 17:05    Post subject: NWNX Unable to read from MySQL db (but can write) Reply with quote

So I had a server hard drive die on me last night, and had to bring up a new server. Luckily all the backups were fine of the NWN stuff, but I had to reinstall MySQL. The files I had for 5.0, which we'd been using, refused to install, so I went and pulled down the latest version (5.7). Everything seems to be set up correctly, and NWNX reports that it's hooked properly and all, so far as I can tell.

The only problem is, NWN is unable to read anything from the databases, and keeps returning 0/etc, even though it can clearly write to the databases. I even tested this by clearing one of the tables completely - sure enough, more data gets entered correctly, but NWN still keeps returning '0' anytime a script executes a database variable check, even for ones that I can see (using SELECT in the MySQL command line) exist.

Any ideas? Did 5.7 change something so that it breaks the syntax for read commands in aps_include?
Baaleos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post some scripts and logs?
Eg:
nwnx_odbc.txt - with debug mode set to 3 or higher.

Also - are you sure your db user has read access?
FireWraith

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have all permissions. I went ahead and granted them all again, and SELECT specifically just to be sure.

When running a script that should tell me how much xp the character has earned today gives a value of '0' and no errors in the ODBC log, even though I can see. specifically, but it hasn't changed anything.

Running the logs, I don't see any errors when I run a script that should read from the database. This is what it gives me:

NWNX ODBC2 plugin V.0.9.2.4
(c) 2005 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon) and Jeroen Broekhuizen
visit us at http://www.nwnx.org

o Logfile maximum size limit is: 1048576 bytes
o Log level: Everything will be logged.
o Using MySQL connection.
o Hooking SCO....hooked at 5d5830
o Hooking RCO....hooked at 5d5710
o Connect successful.
o Got request: SELECT val FROM pwdata WHERE player='PLAYERNAME' AND tag='CHARACTERNAME' AND name='Wounded'
o Sent response (0 bytes):
o Got request (scorco): SELECT val FROM pwobjdata WHERE player='~' AND tag='' AND name='aet_storedItem199'
o Got request: SELECT val FROM pwdata WHERE player='PLAYERNAME' AND tag='CHARACTERNAME' AND name='Alter_Self_Effect'
o Got request: SELECT player FROM pwdata WHERE player='PLAYERNAME' AND tag='CHARACTERNAME' AND name='CurrentHP'
o Got request: INSERT INTO pwdata (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('PLAYERNAME','CHARACTERNAME','CurrentHP','150',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM pwdata WHERE player='PLAYERNAME' AND tag='CHARACTERNAME' AND name='Wounded'
o Got request: INSERT INTO pwdata (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('PLAYERNAME','CHARACTERNAME','Wounded','0',0)
o Got request: SELECT val FROM pwdata WHERE player='~' AND tag='X3_ELFMOUNT001' AND name='Alter_Self_Effect'
o Got request: SELECT val FROM pwdata WHERE player='PLAYERNAME' AND tag='CHARACTERNAME' AND name='Alter_Self_Effect'
o Got request: SELECT player FROM pwdata WHERE player='PLAYERNAME' AND tag='CHARACTERNAME' AND name='CurrentHP'
o Got request: INSERT INTO pwdata (player,tag,name,val,expire) VALUES('PLAYERNAME','CHARACTERNAME','CurrentHP','150',0)
o Got request: SELECT player FROM pwdata WHERE player='PLAYERNAME' AND tag='CHARACTERNAME' AND name='Wounded'
FireWraith

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the x64 version of MySQL 5.7, too - that's about the only other thing I can think of at this point that might be doing it. I'm going to try uninstalling and switching to the 32 bit version.
FireWraith

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update - reverting to the x86 version of MySQL appears to have fixed the problem.
Terra_777

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just looks like you never ran SQLInit() in mod load first, without doing that you don't get the exchange buffers nwnx_odbc uses to retrieve data.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: