logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What isn't working under Linux?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mykbaker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 23:54    Post subject: What isn't working under Linux? Reply with quote

I'm a professional C/C++ programmer and I know just a little assembly as well. What features are not yet working in the Linux version of NWNX? Are all the modules supported under Linux? I have not used NWNX before but I would like to start and I refuse to use a windows server so mostly I want to know what works now and what still needs work.
Vladiat0r

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest build 24 of Letoscript that dragonsong is working on: http://weathersong.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/9616039431/m/760109575
In particular, it would be nice for things like the SPAWN method not crash on Linux (at least it did the last time I tried with build 18 ).
Acrodania

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the functions plugins hasn't been ported. And since no one can seem to find the source it probably won't Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

which plugin isn't ported?
Acrodania

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dazzle's isn't. And the source code is no longer available as he can't find it Sad
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWNX on linux cannot store objects in the database (SCORCO), development tools like the profiler are only available in the windows version.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the profiler, I plan to release my linux nwn script profiler in short time Smile
harry_x

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, I forgot to login Smile
Dazzle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acrodania wrote:
Dazzle's isn't. And the source code is no longer available as he can't find it Sad

Mm, the plugin I posted is just a compilation of Isilweo's SetName/Description and the Set/GetBodyPart code.

I managed to dig up the original topic about Set/GetBodyParton the NWNX Guild Forums. It has the Set/GetBodyPart source for both Windown and Linux. It can be found here: http://nwn.bioware.com/guilds_registry/viewtopic.html?forum=5041&topic=111321&gid=3087

Isilweo's plugin with source can be found here: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=scripts.Detail&id=2068

As already stated in another topic on this forum, changing wings currently doesn't work. I do not know if the other bodyparts are broken too, haven't touched my plugin for ages.

Ugh, I remember trying to compile my plugin, took me ages since I'm not that proficient with C++, still aren't actually. Anyway, good luck trying to port it.
Parsec

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vladiat0r wrote:
Latest build 24 of Letoscript that dragonsong is working on: http://weathersong.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/9616039431/m/760109575
In particular, it would be nice for things like the SPAWN method not crash on Linux (at least it did the last time I tried with build 18 ).

Whats this looking like now? I had a quick try of the latest linux Letoscript and didnt notice any particular problems, but then I am not very familiar with letoscript.

Any comments?
marcush

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papillon wrote:
NWNX on linux cannot store objects in the database (SCORCO), development tools like the profiler are only available in the windows version.

Are there any plans to support SCORCO on linux?
and is there anything i could help with to get this done or is there some limitation of the system?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, nobody found (or tried to find) the function signature (i.e. offset) of the SetLocalString function in the linux binary. If that is done, the functions need to be hooked with some assembler code. If that is done, some boiler plate code for storing and retrieving blobs to and from mysql needs to be written.
vallis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 16:41    Post subject: Finding function signatures Reply with quote

Papillon wrote:
As far as I know, nobody found (or tried to find) the function signature (i.e. offset) of the SetLocalString function in the linux binary. If that is done, the functions need to be hooked with some assembler code. If that is done, some boiler plate code for storing and retrieving blobs to and from mysql needs to be written.

Hi,

How does one go about finding a function signature? What can I read to find out more about it? (I'm eager to learn, just not quite sure where to start.)

V.
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything you can find on GDB and x86 assembler, really. There are a couple of "hacking howtos" for windows binaries, but the general approach is the same on linux. Try to find something on removing serial number checks or anything of that sort. Note: I do not endorse things like that, but as long as it's done for educational purposes, I'm fine with it.

Since objects are written to the Bioware DBs and thus on the disk, you can work your way backwards from where the code starts accessing the database subdirectory. Check out the callstack, a few functions higher should be SetCampaignObject (not SetLocalString, that was a mistake of course).

Once you think you have found the right function, write down the first 20-30 bytes (in hex) and you've got your signature.
virusman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Anything you can find on GDB and x86 assembler, really. There are a couple of "hacking howtos" for windows binaries, but the general approach is the same on linux. Try to find something on removing serial number checks or anything of that sort. Note: I do not endorse things like that, but as long as it's done for educational purposes, I'm fine with it.

Since objects are written to the Bioware DBs and thus on the disk, you can work your way backwards from where the code starts accessing the database subdirectory. Check out the callstack, a few functions higher should be SetCampaignObject (not SetLocalString, that was a mistake of course).

Once you think you have found the right function, write down the first 20-30 bytes (in hex) and you've got your signature.

Hmm. Then what's this? Smile
http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=343
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: