logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riuthamus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 19:28    Post subject: HELP!! Reply with quote

okay.. its been a long time since i had to set this thing up...and it seems it has changed WAY too much for me to even grasp this stuff. I have tried the tutorials several times but it just doesnt seem to work. The problem im having is there is no DB created, in the old tutorials that were on the NWN bioware boards, all you had to do was make a link, now for some reason i have to go use the mysqladmin and set up the DB through there... but everytime i click mysqladmin the command line just goes away before i can type or do anything... its being a real pain my butt.

If anybody can direct me to a good tutorial, or some way to bypass all this bs and just get it set up I would greatly apprecaite it.

I have all the most recent drivers and such, so....if there is an easier way to do this just tell me please. Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please download the graphical administration tools for MySQL (MySQL Administrator and MySQL Query something are the names I believe). They make it way easier to work with MySQL. You should also get version 4 of the server itself if you do not have it already.
Acrodania

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good administration tool is MySQL Front. Version 2.5 is freeware, I have it posted up so "I" can get to it easy...

http://nurrana.radcon.org/Downloads/MySQL_Front.exe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: