logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please help me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Katrina Mishow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:02    Post subject: Please help me? Reply with quote

Okay, I didn't want to resort to begging. But last time I tried getting help, no one was helpful.. so.. meh.

Here's the deal. I've been trying, for.. I dunno, 4-5 months, to get the NWNX2 working, goal: being able to use the speech plugin.

I have ALL the up to date plugins/NWNX2 program files.
Using the lds_talus_speech_303b_win speech plugin.
I just now installed and set up MySQL 4.1

My NWNX.ini file. (Username/password deleted. They are the same as what I set up in the SQL administrator thingy.)

Quote:

; NWNX2 configuration file
; These are the default values for NWNX2. Values specified on the command
; line take precedence.

[NWNX]
ServerPort = 5121
ModuleName = ""
WatchdogProcess = yes
UpdateIntervalProcess = 5
WatchdogGamespy = no
UpdateIntervalGamespy = 20
GamespyRetries = 5
OldGamespyProtocol = no
RestartDelay = 5

[ODBC2]
; Log file
MaxLogSize = 512 ; in KByte
LogLevel = 2 ; 0=nothing, 1=only errors, 2=everything

; Use these two settings for the SQLite internal database
;source = sqlite
;file = sqlite.db

; Use these two settings for ODBC connections
;source = odbc
;dsn = nwn

; Use these five settings for MySQL connections
source = mysql
server = localhost
user =
pwd =
db = nwn

; Set hookscorco to false if you want to disable hooking of
; StoreCampaignObject and RetrieveCampaignObject entirely
hookscorco = true

[PROFILER]
MaxLogSize = 512 ; in KByte
LogLevel = 1 ; 1=overall statistics, 2=full script callstack

NWNX Log file:
Quote:

NWN Extender V.2.6.1
(c) 2005 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon) and Jeroen Broekhuizen
visit us at http://www.nwnx.org

* Loading plugins...
* Plugin functions is loaded.
* Plugin hashset is loaded.
* An error occured during OnCreate of odbc
* Plugin profiler is loaded.
* Plugin speech is loaded.
* Plugin time is loaded.
* NWNX2 activated.

NWNX_ODBC log file:
Quote:

NWNX ODBC2 plugin V.0.9.2.4
(c) 2005 by Ingmar Stieger (Papillon) and Jeroen Broekhuizen
visit us at http://www.nwnx.org

o Logfile maximum size limit is: 524288 bytes
o Log level: Everything will be logged.
o Using MySQL connection.
o Hooking SCO....hooked at 5c65d0
o Hooking RCO....hooked at 5c64b0
! Error while connecting to database: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

When I start up my NWServer, using NWNX2, the talus listener window pops up, and this is in it.

Quote:
ERROR: unable to connect to database.
This product includes software developed by the Politecnico di Torino, and its contributors.
This product includes ODBC code developed by Ingmar Stieger
and Jeroen Broekhuizen.
This product includes updates developed by Marc Paradise (Grinning Fool).

Talus Speech Listener 3.0b For Windows
Copyright (C) 2005 Josh Dalton (Lanthar D'Alton)

listening on Intel 8255x-based Integrated Fast Ethernet (Microsoft's Packet Scheduler)

I have both a firewall and a router, both are configured for the MySQL's ports. (I think.)

Can anyone tell me why it's not connecting? (And before anyone asks, again, as above, EVERYTHING is up to date. Unless there's something that's not on this page:http://www.nwnx.org/index.php?id=download)
JollyOrc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you checked if the MySQL server is really running, and if there really is a database called "nwn" ?

Is the MySQL server really running on the same computer as the NWN server (that's how nwnx is configured at least) ?
Acrodania

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

The system is obviously not seeing the database. This could be because of a couple of things....

1) MySQL is not running (as mentioned above)
2) MySQL is running but the Database is not created
3) MySQL is running, the database exists but the tables for the system don't exist.
4) MySQL is running, the database exists and the tables exist but the use you are logging in with doesn't have permissions to the database you are trying to use.

Try downloading and installing MySQL-Front and see if you can use your username and password to connect to MySQL and verify the database exists.

http://nurrana.radcon.org/Downloads/MySQL_Front.exe

Luck!
Katrina Mishow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

The server is running, I've set up the account for NWNX, I've logged in with that account, and it works. The database exists, far as I know. I'm not familliar with this particular system, but isn't the setup modules for putting the tables in? Not sure, but I don't see why not having a table in it would make the NWNX not connect to it.

I'll try the MySQL - front thing to see what it says.
Katrina Mishow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

K. Logged in, database exists, all that. I did get the same 10061 error once, when I didn't have the port specified. So, next question is, what port does NWNX use to connect to the SQL Server? If I can figure out how to change it, either in NWNX or SQL, I think it'll work.
Acrodania

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katrina Mishow wrote:
K. Logged in, database exists, all that. I did get the same 10061 error once, when I didn't have the port specified. So, next question is, what port does NWNX use to connect to the SQL Server? If I can figure out how to change it, either in NWNX or SQL, I think it'll work.

By default MySQL listens on 3306. I don't think that can be changed in NWNX so if you altered the default port that would be your problem Smile If you did alter those ports and cannot put them back to the default you can try setting the system to use ODBC instead of Direct Connect. You will have to download the ODBC drivers for MySQL from their site.

Another thing to check is you specified "localhost" in the NWNX.INI file. Did you also use that with MySQL-Front when your connection was successful? Or did you use the machine's IP address? Try using the IP in the INI file. Each user is given different permissions based on whether they are local or remote. By specifying the IP instead of localhost you would now be connecting via a "remote" connection instead of local...
Katrina Mishow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't change the port in the server. >< Grrr. And yeah, I've used localhost for the whole thing so far. And for the IP thing.. lan or wan?

Another point.. what do I do once I get the driver? ><;

Edit: Okay, I used both wan and lan.. Lan gave me the same error as before, and wan gave me the same error, only a different number: 10060.
Katrina Mishow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mm.. K. I changed the source = to odbc. It connects now. But the Talus Listener window still says it can't connect.. Gonna redo the tables with the respective modules, and see if that helps.

Edit.. again: Did that, didn't do anything. Hrg. I redid the aps_demo stuff, it worked, in the module. The test string came up like it's supposed to. But looking at the db in that MySQL Front program, I don't see anything different in the pwdata table. I imported the tables that my odbc connection thingy was using, a very long time ago, just to see if I could.. Think I should just drop all the tables, and redo it? (Gonna do that anyway.. Can't hurt. Don't have anything in the db to lose anyway.)
Acrodania

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talus I don't know anything about, I haven't had the chance to play with it yet Smile

Check the code and make sure it doesn't want its own table and is having problems making it....
Katrina Mishow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it makes it's own table stuff. I redid it, to see if things work.

Doesn't. -.-; Dunno why anymore, but it doesn't.

I'm looking at the connections screen in the MySQL Administrator program.. and am noticing that, even with my NWN Server up and running.. there's no connection. Does NWNX only connect when it needs to, or should it always be connected when it's up?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Windows technical support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: