logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wish List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeathMutant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we start new processes from NWNX? Being able to execute an OS command, as if entered from the command-line not via an API, would be helpful. It would not have to synchronous and the process could be completely independent, not a child process. Just fire and forget.
Stormsong Wyndsinger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Support for multiple databases on the same server including the ability to switch from one to another in the case of the db going down

Support for multiple servers across the internet including
    Character Transfer
    Table and Row synchronization
    Variable synchronization

Direct link between in game variables and database values (just dreaming here)

Remote maintenance and control of NWNX

Second the request for the ability to do a graceful shutdown of the instance.
xaltos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the hook offsets could be readed from a Ini-file instead of hardcoded version.

So you don't need to download a new .exe after a patch.

I think we will get more updates with the start of NWN2, so this could be usefull.
SHoward

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very much interested in features that support and enchance cross server communications. Cross Server Chat, Cross Sever WHO lists, cross server in game PMs, etc.

http://www.howardslotr.com/
Dracos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it has been already stated but

HASHSET functions!!! They RULEZ!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
GodBeastX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major Wishlist item:

Database queries to allow handles or something to the query.

Situations like:

Select...

while(fetch())
{
Insert
update
}

Screw up bad right now cuz the inserts and the updates kill the results for the select. So if there could be some sort of handle able to be passed to the request, and recieved, to tell which result to fetch on that'd be awesome Smile
RadiKS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

GodBeastX wrote:
Major Wishlist item:

Database queries to allow handles or something to the query.

Situations like:

Select...

while(fetch())
{
Insert
update
}

Screw up bad right now cuz the inserts and the updates kill the results for the select. So if there could be some sort of handle able to be passed to the request, and recieved, to tell which result to fetch on that'd be awesome Smile

You should be able to handle this with SQL alone... sorry if I have misunderstood, but you can do things like
Code:
insert into table(a,b,c,d) SELECT a,b,c,d FROM table2 WHERE 1
GodBeastX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I know there is workarounds for certain scenarios, but I was just giving a simple example, what I do with the database is alot more complex Smile

Getting a result set and fetching on it shouldn't be too bad for a plugin, I could probably write it if need be.
sstacha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 0:24    Post subject: My Wish List Vote Reply with quote

In order of priority I would vote for (probably order of difficulty also):

1) Existing nwn2 functionality (mysql version)
2) Existing hashset functionality (use it liberally in my mods)
3) Update counts returned

4) Ability to Use multiple connections for nested sql.

---> NOTE: number 4 is a really big change as I think the design would have to change dramatically to allow developers to create / close connections and or statements have multiple resultsets etc. Given that most things are usually able to be gotten around with a little extra coding and it would substantially increase the difficulty of use I would consider this one a pie in the sky request that may not be feasible.
elegos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it is possible, enchance the watch dog functionality in order to see if the server hangs (crashed but not quitted) with an option in the ini of the delay time to kill the process

i.e.
- the server crashes (it doesen't reply)
- NwNx waits for X seconds
- if the server continues hanging, NwNx kills the process and call it another time

thanks
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posts from the NWNX4 Wishlist thread at nwn2forums.bioware.com

Sesshomurai wrote:
How about a built-in mini web server to access the primary functions displayed on the console from a browser. Wouldn't be too hard considering all the core functionality would be there already, you'd just need to execute it from HTTP form data and controls and HTTP server classes are not too hard to come by. .NET probably has one built in.

What are you coding the core NWNX4 app in? C#? I could help with the built-in web server if that's the case.

Sessh

Senalaya wrote:
Aside from the current (NWNX2) functionality:
- External database support for strings
- External database support for objects
- Chat interseption
- Server restarting
- Log file handling

I'd like to see:
- A remote control frontend for NWNX
- The possibility to inject external scripts
- Triggering of in-game events from an external application

weby wrote:
Basically I hope that NWNX+plugins(it is really same for me what is done by a plugin what by core) will do two basic things: 1) will help by making the actual admininstration of the nwn2 server easier. 2) fill in missing funtionality.

the current NWNX+plugins go a long way towards those but will reiterate anyway...

1-1) be stable
1-2) restart the server when and how I want it.
1-2-1) allow setting of flexible timebased restarts. (restart every xx seconds, restart on given times)
1-2-2) detect the 99% cpu and normal crashes and restart
1-2-3) allow setting limits to restart (things like # of objects in the object table, memory use...)
1-2-4) allow combining the limits. (restart every xx hours, but if memory use raiss to xx restart immediately)
1-2-5) allow sending suitable messages to people before the restart if not a crash.
1-3) be easily managable. This includes remore management.
1-4) allow saving all the settings with automatic read of those settings on start (preferably in a ini type text file that is easy to edit)
1-5) not have a lot of overhead
1-6) logging: allow logging of all module events and how long they take for profiling

2-1)database
2-1-1) Allow connecting to multiple databases
2-1-2) Allow making complex queries
2-1-3) Allow returning the query values easily to script, including the number of results obtained and allow getting the rest of result easily.
2-1-4) have a low complexity/low overhead database automatically included.
2-1-5) allow read/write of all datatypes and object types.
2-2) missing core functionality
2-2-1) the missing script commands, get area lists, change things that are not changeable by included scripting commands, get effect durations and so on.
2-3) system interface: allow retrieving system information like real time/date and mem use and cpu use and such
2-4) Faciliate the changing and checking of anything in the module.
2-4-1) allow for checking for things that are not checkable by the commands. (from fining all redheaded elves in the module onward)
2-4-2) allow changing of anyhing in the module (for example change all those redhead elves to have green hair)
2-5) resource handling: allow as easy as possible swap of resources.

(and like a dozen things I forgot for now)

Linkus wrote:

I'd like to see Get/SetBodyPart again, and if possible on-the-fly tint/colour changing be it the PC, NPC, or a placeable. Would be nice to give players the ability to paint their house.

Anthix wrote:
I would love to see real PostgreSQL support...and for ODBC support to mean ODBC support and not MySQL support.

Velious wrote:
I think it'd be incredibly useful to be able to control the server options via script. NWNX_SetServerPlayerLimit, NWNX_SetServerLevelMin/Max, NWNX_SetServerName, NWNX_BanCD/IP/Name, etc. It'd be nice to have complete control of these through scripting.

I do see some security issues with this, but I think those could be resolved with an ini file option such as
NWScript:
"AllowScriptServerOptionsAccess=0"

(default 0). This way, a mod creator's scripts would not be able to access these options without the server admin first allowing them.

Or, you could have a list of modules whose scripts may access the server options. This would be useful for servers that run multiple modules:
NWScript:
[TrustedModsList] ModAllowedScriptServerOptionsAccess1=Nordock v1.31 ModAllowedScriptServerOptionsAccess2=Bob's Hack and Slash v2 ModAllowedScriptServerOptionsAccess3=Spires of Ravenloft etc...

Of course, if none of these are set, then the default should be that no script access is given.

ascii64 wrote:
Agreed. I've never had any issues using MS-SQL Server with NWNX. For me, running as a windows service and the ability to write plug-ins directly in C# would be two great things...

Sesshomurai wrote:
I use Postgres with it and it works great. Much better database than MySQL, IMO.

But one wishlist item I'd like to inquire about is adding script functions to create Journals. For some odd reason, there is no function to create a journal entry. And with NWN2, this means that quests have to be (in part) baked into the mod. Which means adding new quests will be a pain in the butt.

My data-driven quest system has everything it needs to create fully dynamic quests straight from an external database, EXCEPT the journal entries.

Sessh

Gryphyn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of getting the HOOK for Get2DAData(?).

eg Get2DAData("NWNX!<table>","<LookCol>!<LookVal>","<DataCol>")
or something similar.

I can do it other ways. This is purely for simplicity to the wider community.

Cheers
Gryphyn
seed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 19:26    Post subject: Start module saved as a directory Reply with quote

It'd be nice if NWNX4 could run a module that was saved as a directory. It will make it much easier for developers to update a server remotely
yi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Affinity Smile

as we did for NWNX2, it will be really nice if we can have an "affinity" parameter.

When you load 2 modules on a dual core, they run on the same core... not very usefull Rolling Eyes

Thank you
yi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

possibility to launch a "directory" rather than open a .mod

On the current version if you enter a "directory" as parameter... it does not launch it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: