logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wish List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tayls25

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:09    Post subject: NWNX4 MSSQL Server Support Reply with quote

Just curious if MSSQL Server or open ODBC is planned for NWNX4?
seed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

If possible can you add functions that give some system status.

Free Memory / Total Memory
Processor Status

I'd like to be able to keep track of these values during a game session. If you add a DM!REBOOT function, this could be using in conjunction to reboot the server intelligently from in game.
Disco

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yups, I was thinking about the same. It would be interesting to try a combination of player slot manipulation influenced by CPU load. It should have some filter to counter spikes, of course, but a mechanism that lowers the number of player slots while the server gets stressed might help larger servers to keep the lag down.
Asmodae

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ability to dynamically start/stop multiple server processes.
This was touched on briefly before by some other posters but bears repeating and elaboration. As we get deeper into the developement of Nepenthe we are finding we'll need to be able to launch small side mods dynamically, and shut them down when not in use. This means we need to be able to launch an independant server process from within nwnscript (like portaling) specifying the module to load and perhaps a seperate .ini or specific settings.

This could be done without too much trouble with a plugin, but without special considerations requires a seperate install of NWServer and NWNX for each process. What I propose would be a single directory of each, with NWNX starting new instances of NWServer with the specified mod file dynamically as needed.

This is the next step to really get NWN2 PW's into the big time with large and complex mods. Being able to do our own load balancing by breaking mods into smaller pieces and loading them dynamically into their own server+NWNX would be awsome.
Antilia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add support of Windows XP x64 edition. (I suppose NWNX4 doesn't work on Vista x64 too, but I haven't it).

Thank you for your nice works. Wink
Themicles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Automated scheduled maintenance resets?

Can configure it daily, every couple days, weekly, etc. NWNX fires a script in module that gives a shutdown countdown of, say, 5 minutes. Then anyone left gets booted (and thus character saved) and NWNX kills NWServer and starts it back up.

One thing I've run into since I started hosting another NWN1 CoPaP set of servers is that now that they aren't crashing as much as they did before I hosted them, their uptimes are extremely long and RAM bloat gets to be a serious problem.

One module reaching over 600megs is bad enough. Both reaching over 450megs simultanaeously plus MySQL and DBWatcher in the background... Not to mention XP's RAM usage. Total RAM usage approaches 2gigs regularly unless I reset the servers every day or two.

Daily maintenance resets would also be a great time for publishing updates. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Incredible Hulk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would very much like a better Log file handling. More options for the server administrator.
If I'm not wrong it now cycles the logs at each nwnx restart? This can very easily clear out all the 9 logs and leave you with nothing if you want to keep all logs for monitoring purposes.

Our strict rules forces us to keep history to be able to track players.
Grinning Fool

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Incredible Hulk wrote:
I would very much like a better Log file handling. More options for the server administrator.
If I'm not wrong it now cycles the logs at each nwnx restart? This can very easily clear out all the 9 logs and leave you with nothing if you want to keep all logs for monitoring purposes.

Our strict rules forces us to keep history to be able to track players.

While this doesn't happen automatically, there is a parameter in nwnx.ini which allows you to specific a batch file or command to run after a restart. You could create a simple log rotate script and specify it in nwnx.ini.

Looking for volunteers.
Timidon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 20:23    Post subject: Wish list - Scripting Server Restart Reply with quote

For me, the server watch dog is great.

What I would like to see is a plug in or script function to actually stop the server. Just shutting it down via scripting from inside the module. The normal watch dog process will reboot it. This would clear up my problems - for now.

Thanks Timidon.
Arvirago

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

64bits support
serafim

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

64bit and shift on memusage from the nwn2server task to nwnx4 (to marginally solve the 2Gb memory per thread limit of x86 architecture).
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadK@ wrote:

Process watchdog interval is set to 1 sec which I cant seem to be able to set it to anything else.

Gamespy watchdog queries during loading, I've had to set the counter to 90 sec and 6 retries to allow for the module load otherwise it just gets caught in the loop of restarting. Is there anyway that can be altered to query after loading?

Process watchdog and the gamespy watchdog arent logging the number of restarts and crashes on the gui

Small spelling error in the gui "Hook installed and initialized succesfully"

serafim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah and i forgot:

SCO/RCO sql function Very Happy (i try the virusman new dll but like i postet in the thread it seems to conflict with something even in a vanilla nwnx4 1.08 install).
TroveLord

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like a function that returns the absolute path where nwn2server is running (or located) I used that path for some scripting routines and I often find myself in the situation of having to change the scripts because I change the server, format the hard drive and so on.
TroveLord

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

A function to return the process uptime.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: