logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linux nwnx-plugins/ports by dumbo:ODBC2, ResMan, Chat plugin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
virusman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

FunkySwerve wrote:
I just tested it again also. Setting it in modload, on the module, has no effect. It had to be in the ini before it would work. This was on the windows version, with and without the local string set via script.
Ah, I worked only with the linux version. Wait for Dumbo. Smile

FunkySwerve wrote:
As for the npcs sending messages, Im not understanding how you are specifying the channels. Are uyou having invisib;le NPCs SpeakString? And for the server messages SpeakString also? The SendMessage command just goes straight to the combat log for me.
You can send messages to Shout, Talk, Whisper channels with the SpeakString function (see Toolset/Lexicon).
Sending a private message is done with the modified version of nwnx_chat.
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance you are gonna release that? Razz Or is it out and I missed it somewhere? Or still in development?
Thanks,
Funky
virusman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

FunkySwerve wrote:
Any chance you are gonna release that? Razz Or is it out and I missed it somewhere? Or still in development?
The latter.
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks. Not sure if you are using it, but there'll be a new version of SIMTools out tonight or tommorow, with some nice new features. Here's a preview:

SIMTools v1.4
-Added a silent lore check option for language recognition and comprehension checks, included in a modified GetIsSkillSuccessful function because GISS was bugged in 1.67 Linux.
-Modified emote handling so that other messages beginning with the emote symbol would not show as invalid emotes, unless they were in shout channel. This will allow people to use the * prefix for emote commands an still allow normal use of *-prefixed emote sentences, which seemed like a more natural setup than forcing a different emote symbol.
-Added a switch in the nwnx.ini file to allow processing of npc messages, which allows dms possessing npcs to have their speech processed. Credit to dumbo and virusman for the added functionality! The switch is off by default. To turn it on, just remove the ; from before the ;processnpc=1 line to uncomment it and have SIMTools process NPC speech, and then save.
-Minor bugfix to allow subraces to give characters multiple languages.
-Added an escape string option. Adding it to the beginning of the string in a SpeakString call will prevent the speaker from translating the string if they are in 'speak another language' mode. It's useful for text you don't ever want to be translated, like loot notification messsages. You can set it to whatever string you want, of whatever length, so long as it does not begin with your command symbol (default is !), your emote symbol (default is *), or the forward slash channel designator (/).
-Added the nwnx reset plugin and a dm command to reset the server from ingame, dm_reset. Unlike calling StartNewModule, the reset plugin stops the nwserver process, clearing the memory to eliminate lag buildup.
-Corrected the description of the metakick command.
-Updated the playerinfo command to provide more information.
-Added the anon command to hide some of the new information given by the playerinfo command, and the unanon command to remove anonymous status.

Currently Im adding all the dmfi emotes to a reoptimized HandleEmotes function. It'll have roughly twice the emotes (there are two-letter shortcuts for most, and the ones already present in SIMTools that didn't overlap with DMFIs), with far fewer comparisons.
After that I just have to update the descriptive items with the new commands and it's done.

Thanks again for a great plugin, both of you!
Funky
EPOlson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thanks. I'll be looking forward to seeing the tells.
BTW, I just finished a generic wrapper around the chat plugin for the dmfi tools. If nwnx2 chat is not detected Crying or Very sad, it uses spawned listeners instead. But it is generic, so any script can use it.
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's version 1.4 of SIMTools.

Very Happy
dumbo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

FunkySwerve wrote:
This was on the windows version

Embarassed
fixed.
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, thanks! Looks like version 1.5 is coming soon then. Razz
Funky
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question about npc listening: Exactly what channels does it monitor? I was afraid to turn it on on my server bacause of the volume of silent shouts. Will it only get NPCs possessed by dms, or will it get all speakstrings + silent shouts? Or what, exactly? And what is the processing impact of all that? Just asking for educated guesses on that point. Wink
Thanks,
Funky
virusman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

FunkySwerve wrote:
Question about npc listening: Exactly what channels does it monitor? I was afraid to turn it on on my server bacause of the volume of silent shouts. Will it only get NPCs possessed by dms, or will it get all speakstrings + silent shouts? Or what, exactly? And what is the processing impact of all that? Just asking for educated guesses on that point. Wink
Thanks,
Funky
It monitors all channels, including silent talk/shout.
I don't think that it'll make any impact on your server's performance. The same silent talk message can be heard by 10 NPCs, and all of them will fire their OnConversation events (these events are handled by far more complex AI scripts than the chat script with just one check (GetIsDMPossessed)).
Anyway, I can make a new switch in the nwnx.ini to disable silent talk and shout processing.
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'd be fantastic, especially if it was the same as the npc processing switch, with a script and an ini option. I switched all my mosters to custom factions for the same reason - the faction check is at the start of the onconversation check. It made more of a difference than any of the hundreds of other changes I made to cut lag, too, though that's partly due to the larger spawns sizes on HG. Good to know it's low-impact, in any event.
Thanks,
Funky
virusman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWNX Chat 0.2 for Linux: (windows port is not done yet)
http://data.virusman.ru/nwn/nwnx_dmb_chat_linux_v0.2_bin.rar
New features in 0.2:
  • SendMessage function:
    Code:
    //Send chat message
    //nChannel - CHAT_CHANNEL_*
    void dmb_SendMessage(object oSender, int nChannel, string sMessage, object oRecipient=OBJECT_INVALID);

Channels:
    Code:
    const int CHAT_CHANNEL_TALK        = 1;
    const int CHAT_CHANNEL_SHOUT       = 2;
    const int CHAT_CHANNEL_WHISPER     = 3;
    const int CHAT_CHANNEL_PRIVATE     = 4;
    const int CHAT_CHANNEL_SERVER_MSG  = 5;
    const int CHAT_CHANNEL_PARTY       = 6;

• New switch: ignore_silent to ignore silent talk/shout messages. Can be set by a script or in nwnx2.ini.
    Code:
    ignore_silent=1

Code:
    SetLocalString(GetModule(),"NWNX!CHAT!IGNORESILENT","1");

FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there was much rejoicing! Eh, and rewriting of code... Shocked Dev box is Win tho so I haveta wait for the Windows version before I can test. Crying or Very sad
Thanks!
Funky
virusman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaaay..
dumbo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

win port done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: