logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Urlord

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn - And I was about to go to bed!!!

You are awesome Papillon
Urlord

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installed and worked like a charm. I will do more extensive testing this coming week. Since it is a holiday week, I may have a good bit of time. Well, if my wife doesn't give me a long "Honey-Do" list. Smile

Can you explain a bit more about the timer functions?
  • Where do the timers run?
  • Will timers cause any lag on the module?
  • What are the timer limitations and how do they work (Generally that is)?
  • Is there anyway for a timer to automatically execute a NWN script after X time has elapsed?

Thanks again! Great work!!!!

For now, I am going to bet - 4 AM here in Eastern USA.
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've written a small piece of documentation that covers most of your questions: NWNX Timer docs.

The timers do not really "run", so that is one of the reasons why they can not execute a script after a certain time has passed.
Urlord

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papillon wrote:
I've written a small piece of documentation that covers most of your questions: NWNX Timer docs.

The timers do not really "run", so that is one of the reasons why they can not execute a script after a certain time has passed.

Thanks for the information. They serve a different purpose than I was thinking.
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Development update 02.12.2006:

Prototype 1.06 (Version 4.0.0.6) is available.

- Optionally disable the general protection fault window that Windows open when the server crashes. This allows the watchdogs to restart the server more reliable.

- New feature: Run batch file on restart. You can specify a cmd or bat file that NWNX calls before it restarts the server after a crash.

- Database dependent escaping of special characters. The way the SQL plugins now escape special characters like ' has completely changed. The functionality has been moved into the SQL plugins, and can process strings in all conceivable ways the underlying database supports. Also, there is no need to do the reverse operation now, i.e. the SQLDecodeSpecialChars functions could be removed. All-in-all, this should be at least 12 times faster than the previous nwscript-based method, and more reliable as well.

- Fix for gamespy restart bug, which caused the gamespy watchdog to not properly restart the server.

- Support for multi-resultset statements, including calls to stored procedures. Only the MySQL plugin supports this feature so far. You can execute multiple statements (separated with semi-colons) with one SQLExecDirect call, and then read back each result set with SQLFetch("NEXT"). This is actually a side effect of supporting calls to stored procedures !
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Development update 05.12.2006: Updates to SQLite (0.0.2)

- Extended error reporting: Error message that happen at a certain point are more informative now.

- Fixed a bug that caused the COMMIT command to fail

- Fixed a bug that returned a row from an ealier result set if a new SELECT returned no row. Now it properly differentiates betweens empty results (the resultset is cleared, i.e. a non-succesful SELECT) and results that are just status codes (the resultset is untouched, i.e. an INSERT statement).
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Development update 10.12.2006: Updates to the sql include file

- The include file's name has changed to nwnx_sql, to be more inline with the other include files

- The GetPersistentInt and -Float functions have been changed to work with the current DB plugins

The prototype 1.06 download has been updated.

I am currently busy working on the GUI stuff. A break from working at the plugins and controller program will be nice, and those are quite mature anyway. What is now needed for a first beta release is a graphical interface.
lerathel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I ressently installed nwn4 for my pw, I like the auto restart fonction, cant realy use it doent seem to write in the table I created manuaely. (i think the objects function are not implemented)

I just wanted to know if your work was going well ? and if you will be releasing a new version soon ?

thx
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 0:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently working on a small GUI for NWNX4. I am not sure when that will be released, but I think within the next two weeks.
caloup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

pap's : it could be a good thing to modify SetPersistentLocation like gryphin say before in version 1.07...
http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=661
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Development update 27.01.2007: Long time no update, but NWNX4 improved even more !

Prototype 1.07 (Version 4.0.0.7) is available.

- Introducing NWNX4 GUI! You can now use a graphical user interface to control your server process.
- Added NWNX demo modules. Thanks go to Grinning Fool for providing them !
- New INI file option for MySQL and SQLite plugins "Log level parameter", which controls the amount of information that is written to the log files.
- MySQL and SQLite plugins: If a SELECT statement fails because of an SQL error, the resultset from an earlier query is deleted.
- Updated SQLite library to most recent version 3.3.11
- Fixed a nasty bug in the SQLite plugin that would cause it to stop returning data after an invalid SQL statement (SQL Error) was executed.
- Fixed a a bug that caused the SQLEncodeSpecialCharacters function to return bogus data every now and then. The DB plugins now use a private, static buffer for encoding special characters.
- Shortened string for persistent location storage. Locations can now be stored in less than 128 characters, which is the default column size that NWNX and sql_include assume in general.

Have fun with the new version ! Feedback appreciated, as always.
Gryphyn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papillon,

There was a mixup with SQLite3.3.11 (it's still 3.3.10)
For the next build it might be an idea to upgrade to 3.3.12 (or later)

Cheers
Gryphyn
Larnak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question about 1.07 and it may be that I have missed something and there is no issue beyond my own confusion.

The demo module uses the include: sql_include and there is not an erf that contains that. From what I can tell sql_include and nwnx_sql are the same. Is this the case and is there a reason for the inconsistancy?
Grinning Fool

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larnak wrote:
I have a question about 1.07 and it may be that I have missed something and there is no issue beyond my own confusion.

The demo module uses the include: sql_include and there is not an erf that contains that. From what I can tell sql_include and nwnx_sql are the same. Is this the case and is there a reason for the inconsistancy?

You are correct, they are the same. That will be corrected in the next update of the demo mod -- it was made before that file was renamed.

Looking for volunteers.
Katy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 23:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GUI portion appears to be missing from the Subversion project; when I attempt to load it, I'm informed:

"Project file 'C:\nwnx4 source\src\gui\gui.vcproj' could not be loaded"

It was not checked out with the rest of the files when I checked out this morning. (In fact, there is no gui subdirectory).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: