logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prototype download
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 19:38    Post subject: Prototype download Reply with quote

I just uploaded the first prototype for everyone to try out Cool !

Note: This is not the final product. Specifically, these restrictions apply:

1) No GUI
2) The NWNX Controller application just starts and initialises the server, it has no watchdog functionality yet.
3) SQL support using SQLite. Other database server will follow.
4) The interface and scripting commands are more likely to change than not Wink
5) No docs

I am not going to describe everything in detail right now, you will see how the pieces work together when everything is more complete.

Installation instructions:

i) Get the ZIP file from the NWNX4 download section
ii) Unzip to some directory of your choice
iii) Copy (not move) madcodehook.dll to the NWN2 root directory (where the server executeable is)
iv) Edit nwnx.ini and xp_sqlite.ini accordingly
v) Start using NWNX4 like this: NWNX4_Controller.exe -interactive

A command line window and the dedicated server should now be started. Log files are placed in the NWNX4 installation directory, specifically have a look at nwnx.txt, xp_sqlite.txt, and xp_time.txt

sql_include.erf contains the scripts sql_include and sql_onload. They are very similar to their NWNX2 counterparts. Note: These files will likely change, although the way the interface generally works not.

Happy testing! If it does not work or drow kidnap your PC or something else bad happens, I take no responsibilities at all, but I'd like to hear about it Rolling Eyes

note: On one PC, my virus scanner (Antivir by Avira) complains about a hook.madtool.b virus in madcodehook. Well, why they declare madcodehook as a virus is beyond me.
mostal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I have some problems.
I import files in module, verfy module completely compiled.
When I launch the module with NWNX4_Controller, module loaded but NWNX4 log says:

* Loading plugins...
* Loading plugin xp_sqlite.dll: Successfully registered as class: SQL
* NWNX4 activated.
* Function class 'ODBC' not provided by any plugin. Check your installation.

Do you have any idea ?

I decide to install sqllite/ODBC driver and create datasource but I have same problems. Which ODBC/Driver dis you use if so ?

Could you help me please ?

Thanks a lot
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 0:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no ODBC support, as the log says. You can only use SQLite at this point of time. Have a look at the included script file, the function class SQL (the string between NWNX! and the function name, i.e. SQL in this case) is registered by the sqlite plugin, so you will have to adjust your calls to use that, accordingly. There is no function class ODBC.
Morpheus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papillon,
Congrats on the the prototype release! What is your timetable for the first release supporting MySQL? Will Postgres be supported? Thanks for your work on this.

Morph
chris421

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

--madcodehook.dll?

/me slits his wrists...

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I thought you were going to try to write your own hook rather than rely on Madshi? That guy hasn't touched his project in 11 months.

x64 will run NWN2 server and there's an x64 build of MySQL 5. So on a quad-core system with more than 4gb, expecting to host several server instances. But with NWNX not supporting x64 this will be a huge problem.
DarkstarsDad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:07    Post subject: Source? Reply with quote

Papillon Were you going to release the source for this so others could help? Or is it still too early?
mostal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

great...it works fine, thanks a lot...

if I can help you, don't hesitate, tell me how
Milan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:55    Post subject: Re: Source? Reply with quote

DarkstarsDad wrote:
Papillon Were you going to release the source for this so others could help? Or is it still too early?

Yes, it would be nice, to get the sources too, so development of plugins could start and be tested live with NWN2. Or can plugins be written in the old fashion as you described on your page? I would like to start and check the interaction between NWN2 and our Java-Backend Wink - perhaps it is much too slow? Razz
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Morpheus: There is no timetable yet. MySQL would be the next database plugin, followed by ODBC. Maybe until the end of the month ?

@chris421: I never said that I would try to do without madcodehook. There is also no need to abandon it, since there is at least one 64bit installation where NWNX2 runs on. If there are problems, I'm sure they can be solved.

@DarkstarsDad: It's too early for the sources. I want to finish the plugin interface first, then sources of a demo plugin, so you can start writing your own.

@Milan: Yes, you can write plugins without the NWNX4 sources, the interface is even a bit cleaner than before. I made sure there are no unnecessary dependencies (like wxWindows that I heavily use) for plugins.
chris421

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papillon wrote:

@chris421: I never said that I would try to do without madcodehook. There is also no need to abandon it, since there is at least one 64bit installation where NWNX2 runs on. If there are problems, I'm sure they can be solved.

Well on Win2003 R2 x64, madhook does not work. Believe me. I spent days trying. Your optimistic reply regarding what you did for linux was the source of my assumptions about leaving madshi (below).

Papillon wrote:
Well, at least he is working on Vista support. Even if he would send me the source code, I doubt I would be able to create a 64bit version (Delphi... shudder).

OTOH, I hooked the Linux server without a library like madcodehook, so it should be possible to do this on Windows as well...
Dragonsbane777

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I dont know what I am doing wrong, I put files where they were supposed to, imported the erf . .

When I load NWNX4, a black screen flashes, then its as if I didnt load it

ANyone know? I have used NWNX2 with my PW forever, nice interface . . . where is my little box? Razz
elegos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

and what about nwnx_leto? Can I use it?
mostal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use SQLFetch() function to retrieve colum value of my selection (ex: select x,y from toto) but with
SQLGetData(1) instead of having "x" value, i retrieve "x,y" value in output.

Do you have any idea why ?

example:

sSQL = "SELECT x,y,z FROM "+table+" WHERE container='" + GetTag(OBJECT_SELF) + "'";
SQLExecDirect(sSQL);

while (SQLFetch() == SQL_SUCCESS)
{
sItemTag = SQLGetData(1);
iItemCount = StringToInt(SQLGetData(2));
id = StringToInt(SQLGetData(3));

SendMessageToPC(oCreature,"-tag->"+sItemTag+"<--");

and sendmessage retrieve string concatenation of x,y,z value separated by commas

Do you have special aprameters for SQLlite, Database example ?
mostal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems that in .erf, sql_include function lost the special character for FindSubString in SQLGetDAta function (which is empty, because NWN2 import .erf of NWN1 .erf loose special characters
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

@mostal: Please enter the special character ¬ (ASCII 170) again and see if it works then. You can do that by opening sql_include, positioning your cursor where the special char is supposed to be, and then type ALT-170 (that is hold ALT and then type 1-7-0 on the numeric keyboard, then release ALT).

@chris421: There is a version that works on x64, I'll try to get more info on this.

@dragonsbane: Try to load the controller in a cmd window and see what the error message is.

@elegos: Ask again in maybe 3-4 months, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: