logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"NWNX2 Script hooks added" with patch 1.05
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sweetcornminer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then again, if they are simply replacements for GetPersistentInt etc then I won't be using em.

I prefer to write my own MYSQL, especially considering my database format
xaltos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is already in Papillon post. (3rd one)
The functions do nothing !!!

They do nothing until you write a fitting NWNx4 plug-in that catch the call of the function and execute some own code.

NWN2_Audolo
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, in the meantime I hooked NWNXGetString and it works fine. I still use the madcodehook library to get the NWNX DLL into the server process, but the actual hooking works without it (i.e. I do it myself).

The new script functions are meant to support the basic types one would likely need for communication with NWNX plugins. The parameters of those functions are based on what I used in the past, with some additional parameter thrown in for good measure. They are mostly placeholders, that can be used by the plugin author for whatever he deems necessary.

Unfortunately, there is a small messup with the "assembly markers" that OE put in for me. I got NWNXGetString two times, probably because somebody forgot to replace the G with an S Laughing
Grinning Fool

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papillon wrote:
Btw, in the meantime I hooked NWNXGetString and it works fine. I still use the madcodehook library to get the NWNX DLL into the server process, but the actual hooking works without it (i.e. I do it myself).

The new script functions are meant to support the basic types one would likely need for communication with NWNX plugins. The parameters of those functions are based on what I used in the past, with some additional parameter thrown in for good measure. They are mostly placeholders, that can be used by the plugin author for whatever he deems necessary.

Unfortunately, there is a small messup with the "assembly markers" that OE put in for me. I got NWNXGetString two times, probably because somebody forgot to replace the G with an S Laughing

Hmm -- do you think they got that info early enough in beta to correct it before final?

Looking for volunteers.
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it was too late. I wonder why a change like that would break stuff, but I'm not argueing with them right now. It should be fixed in 1.06.

In the meantime, I might just hardcode the function pointers for use with 1.05.
earlsignet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papillon,

The final version of the 1.05 patch is now out...again. In this new final version were they able to correct the mistake you mentioned?

Are the hooking functions still present?

If they didnt fix it, will you still be working on a new release soon to for 1.05 or will you be waiting till the hooks are fixed in the 1.06 patch?
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll hardcode the locations for 1.05, since waiting for 1.06 is not really an option. I haven't looked yet, but I am pretty sure that the mistake will only be fixed in 1.06.
earlsignet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for letting me know.

Do you have any eta on the next version or is it still up in the air?

I was just wandering, do tho hooks that they have placed in there for you have any benifit to module builders? If so, could you give me an example if you have a chance.

Thanks.
abraxas77

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't answer your eta question, but I can answer the second one.

Module builders will benefit from the nwnx plugins that use the new hooks. In other words, the new hook functions provide no direct benefits to module builders. However, plugin developers will able to do much more with these hooks ... which, in turn, will likely make life easier for scripters and module builders--potential for more functionality with less mess.

:: Lead Script Design :: The World of Paladium II ::
Grinning Fool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

abraxas77 wrote:
I can't answer your eta question, but I can answer the second one.

Module builders will benefit from the nwnx plugins that use the new hooks. In other words, the new hook functions provide no direct benefits to module builders. However, plugin developers will able to do much more with these hooks ... which, in turn, will likely make life easier for scripters and module builders--potential for more functionality with less mess.

Yep; not only that, but even existing basic operations for things like mysql or [ahem] the hashet plugin will be able to run more efficiently once they're updated to take advantage of the new hooks.

Looking for volunteers.
Papillon
x-man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no fixed eta yet.

The second answer has already been answered, thanks guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: