logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plugin & Script Request: OnAttack
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
milliorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 22:04    Post subject: Plugin & Script Request: OnAttack Reply with quote

Hello Community. For many years now, PvP Module Builders has pitched the idea for OnAttack Event to Bioware, an no success. Many modules would benefit, if there was a way like SimTools, to monitor PvP, with added functionality, like OnSpeech plugin has done for Funkyswerve an SimTools(giving us things Bioware never did). Basically for PvP an Pickpocket instances, if possible(I hope so) a NWNX Plugin an Letoscript, be used to add functionality to PvP(beyond the existing module events).

I was talking with Scarface, and though we are not even sure if this is even possible, but it would be very benefitial to any server I thought, if NWNX Plugin & Letoscript, could perhaps add more functionality to PvP. For instance...

1. Be able to determine when a Pickpocket has occured, by whom, along with other functionalities.

2. Be able to determine who initated a PvP event, such as who attacked first, when, an who where they attacking.

3. Griefing regarding # 1 & 2.

4. Flat out more ability to regulate the module an give Dungeon Master's more ability to moderate the module/server.

Anyhow, it be great if this is possible. After seeing what Funkyswerve has done for Neverwinter Nights 1 with SimTools, im more than confident if this is possible, him an others that contributed can make this happen!

Thanks Very Happy
Gryphyn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 23:49    Post subject: Re: Plugin & Script Request: OnAttack Reply with quote

1. Be able to determine when a Pickpocket has occured, by whom, along with other functionalities.

OnAcquireItem() and/or OnUnacquireItem()

2. Be able to determine who initated a PvP event, such as who attacked first, when, an who where they attacking.

--usually not an issue unless death is involved
OnPlayerDeath()

When one of the above happens log it to a database table - the admins can access the table and deal with it as appropriate

4. Flat out more ability to regulate the module an give Dungeon Master's more ability to moderate the module/server.

DMFI.

Cheers
Gryphyn
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

DMFI?!? I'm certain you mean SIMTools. Razz
Funky
Gryphyn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

FunkySwerve wrote:
DMFI?!? I'm certain you mean SIMTools. Razz
Funky

Embarassed

I was looking for 'internal' only options.
Even if you can do it all *better* with a little help from NWNX. Wink

Cheers
Gryphyn
virusman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:12    Post subject: Re: Plugin & Script Request: OnAttack Reply with quote

milliorn wrote:

It's possible.
Via Con Diablos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey virusman, I've always wondered. What's the register dump in your avatar pic of?
virusman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Con Diablos wrote:
Hey virusman, I've always wondered. What's the register dump in your avatar pic of?

Smile
milliorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 23:26    Post subject: Re: Plugin & Script Request: OnAttack Reply with quote

Gryphyn wrote:

OnAcquireItem() and/or OnUnacquireItem()

--usually not an issue unless death is involved
OnPlayerDeath()

When one of the above happens log it to a database table - the admins can access the table and deal with it as appropriate

DMFI.

Cheers
Gryphyn

onacquire an unacquire ive seen in modules does not exactly prevent griefing with pp.

an there is no onattack, so how can you track first attacker with ondeath, you cant.

an yes simtools gives those extra functionalites, dmfi phft. lol
scarface

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that a hook to determine the first attacker in a PvP situation is well worth a look at, as it stand now it's just not possible as there are no PC attack events (other than OnDeath which isn't going to help determine the first attacker, only the last attacker...).

This kind of plugin would help me out big style, and I am fairly certain alot of others as we have all wanted PC events like that at one time or another.

My module "Chaotic World Legends", is very high in PvP, we have rules about effortless rated player kills and such, but it doesn't stop the b***sh*t we get, like "He attacked me first, honest". The only real way would be to have this kind of event hooking, if it is possible, I urge one of the pros to at least really consider it.

A PvP pickpocket hook would also be very useful on a PvP mod like ours considering the OnUnacquire event only fires when an item is unacquired and not gold, so again, it's impossible to determine whether one player started the hostile action, although OnAcquire does fire for gold, there is no way to tell if it was stolen as gold can't have the stolen flag set on it etc.

That's my 2 pence.

Regards
§çà®Fãçë™
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, I have to agree onattacked would be helpful, but if you use a timestamp system you could still determine who attacked whom first, from ondamaged, I think, if you are interested in a solution other than a plugin.
Funky
scarface

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

FunkySwerve wrote:
Aye, I have to agree onattacked would be helpful, but if you use a timestamp system you could still determine who attacked whom first, from ondamaged, I think, if you are interested in a solution other than a plugin.
Funky

PCs don't have an OnDamaged event mate. If they did then there would be absolutely no need for this kind of plugin. Pcs have the usual modul events as you well know i.e. OnDeath, OnAcquire, etc, and the only other event is the default script which fires only for PC heartbeats, and that is by no means even close enough for an accurate hook.
FunkySwerve

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had in mind the recent post in the nwn or nwn2 forums about setting up a pseudo ondamaged event via itemprops on skins - thought I saw you post in it. Haven't tested it but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Funky
scarface

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would only work if the attacker actually pulled of a hit, that's why we need an OnPhysical/SpellcastAt event. Using hides and on-hit isn't really going to help determine the first attacker because If the attacker misses, and the attackee hits first, wouldn't they be flagged as the first attacker? It's a decent suggestion but won't be much use in this PvP scenerio.
virusman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll add these two events to the top of my NWNX todo list, but don't expect it to be done in the next 2 weeks.. I just need a little break from NWNX, scripting, etc. to give more time to RL and my PW development.
P.S. Are you talking about NWN1 or NWN2?
scarface

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

virusman wrote:
Ok, I'll add these two events to the top of my NWNX todo list, but don't expect it to be done in the next 2 weeks.. I just need a little break from NWNX, scripting, etc. to give more time to RL and my PW development.
P.S. Are you talking about NWN1 or NWN2?

Hi virusman, I am refering to NWN1 actually, I haven't yet delved into NWN2 building although I do have the game, far too many bugs for me Smile

And thanks bro, if you can pull this off when you are ready, then I would have to say that you are 'da man'.

§çà®Fãçë™
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: