logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Status of NWN2 Linux NwNX ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sagerious

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 22:04    Post subject: Status of NWN2 Linux NwNX ? Reply with quote

Hello all,

Just a couple quick questions for anyone that is willing to shoot me an answer or point me in the right direction...

If NWN2 does not support Linux, how can NwNX support Linux?

Also, what is the status of NwNX with NWN2 on Windows servers? And, can I use MySQL as the DB?
TroveLord

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:42    Post subject: Re: Status of NWN2 Linux NwNX ? Reply with quote

Sagerious wrote:

Those are two separate things. Nwn2 uses DirectX so Linux can't run the game (since it uses OpenGL). Yet the server doesn't have to load the DirectX, actually the graphic processor isn't used at all, so that's how nwnx can support linux (I said can because it's really up to OEI with the linux standalone server).

Sagerious wrote:
Also, what is the status of NwNX with NWN2 on Windows servers?

I'm not sure of what you're asking, anyway NWNX4 is currently a beta but it seems to be very stable, at least from my tests. You can download it here.

Sagerious wrote:
can I use MySQL as the DB?

Sure you can. Search the forums there is plenty of discussions about it.
virusman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:27    Post subject: Re: Status of NWN2 Linux NwNX ? Reply with quote

TroveLord wrote:
Sagerious wrote:

Those are two separate things. Nwn2 uses DirectX so Linux can't run the game (since it uses OpenGL). Yet the server doesn't have to load the DirectX, actually the graphic processor isn't used at all, so that's how nwnx can support linux (I said can because it's really up to OEI with the linux standalone server).
There is no Linux version of NWNX4. This section is for NWNX2 (NWNX for NWN1) discussion.
Sagerious

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: