logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XP Craft v0.2 released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carter_DC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah i do have a pretty good guess..

as i warned, the plugin is made to deal with items... not creatures.
the script functions i wrote are told to be used as exemples and are in no way suitable for a player's use.

so unless you script your own script functions, with the proper checks before asking the plugin to modify the database file you'll run into a wall, or at least expose yourself to that kind of things.

the best checks of all is actually, not to let player activate the tool on an item.. but to let the player chose a slot within it's own inventory. That way, you prevent yourself from any tests and checks, for you are thereby assured that the target of the plugin, really is an item, and really is equipable.

I insist on the fact that this plugin main goal is to allow esthetic crafting.
but the way it's done, also allow you , to use it for acces on other properties of your items (ie changing the cost of an item before giving it to a pc for whatever reason you wish) but in that case, the scripter knows it's target, he knows what he wants to do, and he's tried it before in order to know that it's riskless.

the plugin is in no way done to deal with creatures, or placeables even if one can use the bioware database to store a creature/placeable. It only deals with UTI.

I might add some checks in the plugin for the ones who want to try anything else but a item. but the best practice is still to know that the plugin's not suitable to anyting else...
mostal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

you right...i have a look on it
brockfanning

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still loving this plugin! A question: will this work with NWN2 1.10 as is?
brockfanning

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along the lines of my last post: Our players are reporting that this item appearances can no longer be changed since updating to NWN 1.10. I'm hoping that the simple fix would be re-compiling the plugin? Being a total newb at that sort of thing, could anyone point me to an explanation on how to re-compile a plug-in?
serafim

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

i introduce the plugin just yesterday.

Some things semms not to work properly.

The module is 2,5 Gb , plus around 2 Gb of hack.
The module is based on nwnx4 1.08 with profiler, system, sql, character and craft plugins.

before introducing xp craft anything seems to work properly:

cpu usage around 20-30 % with 16-18 players logged,
ram usage around 1,2 Gb on full load after 24-48 hours running...

but when we start the xp-craft dialogue ram usage peack to 2 GB usage (800 MB delta), and anything start lagghing (even if cpu keep the usual load).

Speacking with a fellow italian admin (Cyric) he pointed that maybe there would be a madloc error in allocating the ram .

Can someone help solve this or simply give some feedback?

thanks.

EDIT ADD IN

i isolated the precise moment when the ram explode : whe we choice the equip piece to modify.

P.S.

today woking with nwnx4 seems to become averyday much diffcult due to cross implementations not anytime fully compatibles each other (when not truly incompatibles).

Seems that a new official release implementing the 3 major achievement today would be really needed:

1- 64bit compatibility
2- new virusman sql with persistentobject
3- transversion (1.01-1.0Cool compatibility.

We dont have the knowledge to make it but it seems to be really needed.

thanks for the attention.
GodBeastX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 0:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any reason I can't find source code to this module in particular?
Urlord

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just installed this and I have a question...

How do I get/set the gp value of an item?

I assume I use XPCraft_GetValue() and XPCraft_SetValue()
But where do I find out the sRoadMap or Element Index?
serafim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone can confirm/unconfirm my memory usage issue?

thanks a lot.
Dragonsbane777

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I would like to say I love this plugin, with all our custom clothes and weapons models (90% of the vaults releases, we include everything in out 3.7GB of haks), after I put in all 1000 numbers this thing is incredible.

Small issue:

When I load the module, which is 1.6GB (900MB without TRNs) I get the mod running at 900MB in memory, and a 1.05GB page file.

Once someone uses the wand, it jumps to 1.8GB in memory, and a 2.10GB page file.

Although I have no lag (3.0GHZ Dual Core Zeon, 6GB RAM, etc), I do wonder if there is a way to prevent this, if it is a bug, and so on . .
Xildjian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put this in my mod, and it duplicates items. Anyone know of or have a fix?
NewPoint

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to setup a waypoint in an inaccessible area were the items will be create before they are transferred to the player. Otherwise the items will be created on the player and thus duplicated.

I create a who different system that uses a manikin. The item is copied to the manikin and the changes are done to the copy on the manikin. When the player is satisfied he play the price and the old item is deleted and the new modified one transferred from the manikin to the PC. I also set it up so only 4 people at a time can use it to prevent lag that may occur if there were too many people trying to use it at the same time. The system works pretty well but it need a bit more tweaking if I can find the time for that.

I am also working on a GUI interface for it when I have the time. It's coming along very slowly Confused
Saphhira

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewPoint wrote:

I am also working on a GUI interface for it when I have the time. It's coming along very slowly Confused

This is a really interesting project Very Happy
Dragonsbane777

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewPoint - can you fill us in about the waypoint - ie what it needs to be called, and if the scripting is custom or in the release already?

Thanks!
Skywing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

By request, I have modified a pre-existing version of the xp_craft scripts to allow changing of the additional ('default') armor pieces in a chest item's armor accessory set (the default boots, belt, helm, cloak, and gloves that apply when wearing just the chest piece but without a specific item for that respective armor piece equipped).

This modification will work with the stock xp_craft nwnx plugin (no changes to the plugin required); it will also work with the LWS's built-in xp_craft implementation.

You can find the modified scripts and dialog here: (stock xp_craft scripts + various modifications by unknown additional persons + changes to support armor piece editing)

http://www.nynaeve.net/Skywing/nwn2/xp_craft/xp_craft_editarmorpieces.zip

The *.patch files show the changes that I have made to the scripts. There are also some changes to the conversation (dialog) file which are not so easily diffable in text format (new nodes under the Armor/Clothes dialog tree).
FoamBats4All

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've developed (using Skywing's NWN2 Datafile Accessor Library) a simple exe that will automatically generate nwnx_craft_set_constants.NSS files.

There is a similar program on the vault, by Tyrnis, but it takes a very long time to run, and is cumbersome to use. This version will generate a full list in ~10 seconds. It also doesn't need to be fed zip files or HAKs, as these are automatically handled.

- Generated nwnx_craft_set_constants example.
- XP Craft - Lister (Download)
- XP Craft - Lister (Source)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: