logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wishlist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
virusman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extreme wrote:
I hope this doesnt exist already cause i did search it...

with the ini setting to use large font, is there a way to have a IncreaseTextSize() or something like that?

Also is there a way to ahve special fonts in text in game?
No, NWNX is a server-side extension, while all graphics are rendered by the client.
Ravine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

Ugh 2 years later i'm here again. As i see, lots of cool things done here guys! Amazing really!!
I hope virusman is still here, coz i have a request too:

Get/Set eventhandler in placeables pls! I have used it in nwn2, i wanna use those scripts here too. Is it still possible?

The other thing, maybe - what is requested by others - hooking the DM-created items for markin' it.

thx
Rav

edit: oh yeah, i need it for linux
edit2: hmm i just read this:
acaos wrote:

I'll look into SetCreatureEventHander in nwnx_funcs. Yes, it leaks memory, but the one in funcs can cause crashes and also (unless I misremember) can't set an event handler name longer than the previously existing one.

If this applies to the placeable version too, well, i have to live without it Crying or Very sad
axs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

With SetEventHandler from virusman's nwnx_functions you can set longer name than prev.

And btw Get/Set eventhandler for placeables will be gr8 for
clearing HB event after firstrun for cep torchspawn, yay!
Borys

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 15:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now to comunicate with plugins in script we can use only Set/GetLocalString(). Is posible to add hooks for Get/SetLocalInt() and maybe Get/SetLocalFloat() ?

What for?
Example: In script we got some non string data like int, if we wana send it to plugin we need first convert to string. If plugin will operate on this data as int we need convert back ...

Pretty, pretty please =]
Asparius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question is if impact on server performance created by hooking all get/set local integers won't be greater than gain from getting rid of IntToString/StringToInt conversions.

One IntToString/StringToInt takes about 1.5 to 2.5 microseconds on my - not new - machine (Barton 2500@2100 Mhz). I dont know how much time is spent on NWNX part of the code when Get/SetLocalString is used (though I can roughly say that it is about 1 (+/- 0.5) microsecond on the same machine). I dont know if there is any difference between Linux and Window version of nwserver or NWNX also - so I will leave estimate to people that knows more in this matter.

I agree though, that this additional hooking would be quite useful.

PS. Only thing hooked in core NWNX is SetLocalString...
virusman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borys wrote:
Now to comunicate with plugins in script we can use only Set/GetLocalString(). Is posible to add hooks for Get/SetLocalInt() and maybe Get/SetLocalFloat() ?

What for?
Example: In script we got some non string data like int, if we wana send it to plugin we need first convert to string. If plugin will operate on this data as int we need convert back ...

Pretty, pretty please =]
The performance gain isn't worth hooking all Get/Set* functions.
Asparius wrote:
The question is if impact on server performance created by hooking all get/set local integers won't be greater than gain from getting rid of IntToString/StringToInt conversions.
There is almost no overhead for variables not starting with "NWNX!".
ExileStrife

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding to the wish list:
  • The ability to disable the map pins that mark character location when viewing the mini-map. A complete disabling for players, but leaving it enabled for DMs, would be nice, however a global disabling for players AND DMs could be useful.
  • Along similar lines, the ability to disable the current area display for other characters in a party, as well as the coordinates for the little arrow that would point to them.
acaos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, these are generated client-side. We could remove them, but then you wouldn't be able to see your other party members at all.

Acaos
ExileStrife

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's generated client side? That's frustrating...though I feel like that would debunk the myth that opening the minimap "causes lag" that many people swear by. If the client already has that location data for your party members, I don't see why displaying the map would put any additional load on the server unless it causes the client to increase the number of requests for position data.

I guess I always assumed that map position was just for some reason different than object locations.
acaos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opening the minimap causes client-side lag while the minimap icons are loaded. No server-side lag.

Acaos
Cyan Bloodbane

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i don't know if it has been requested, but, would be nice to have a "OnPartyJoin" or "OnPartyInvite" to hook the party requests.

I hate to see all players together in only one party, and altough the server has the options to enable/disable "Only one Party", every player who joins the server invite everybody to his team...

Holavez
Timear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 0:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

As it seems that RCO/SCO currently do not restore local variables on creatures, ist it possible to enhance these functions to do so?

Regards
Timear
Asparius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen GetFirst/GetNextLocalVariable in nwnx_functions:
http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7496#7496

I'd be happy to see those functions on Windows server btw... Smile
metamud

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asparius wrote:

I'd be happy to see those functions on Windows server btw... Smile

Why not post that on the Windows Development Forum then, rather than here on the Linux one? You never know, someone "out there" might be able to help you...
Asparius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already posted this in linux->windows port requests... Now I did put it as a digression... (does anyone from nwnx gurus even looks at windows part? Smile ) Main goal of my post was providing solution to Timear's problem (assuming he uses Linux server if he posted on Linux forums ...).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: