logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a 2da to mysql tool

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TormentedBlood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 14:55    Post subject: a 2da to mysql tool Reply with quote

one of the many INSANE things i have been doing that have kept me so quiet is that i am moving alot of the core functions into Sql calls with nwnx2 for nwn. i had a friend start a project to help me with this. it is a tool that parses a directory of .2da files and creates an sql script to place said data into a mysql database. http://kc5vzm.com/cms/blogs/view/post/6 his blog post is here. it is a java application. I am reworking aps calls to work with this structure. Most notably i am creating an indexed item database structure to help reduce the need of tons of palatized items, and it will allow things such as weapon models and colors that are available and even armor and body parts to be more easily tracked from in game solutions. Doing this mapping structure i have reduced lag delays from the mil body and mil clothing tailor scripts greatly. and i have been able to create sub-tables for each race and phenotype based on those annoying times when your custom clothing haks have a model for only one race and or phenotype etc. I am posting here for anyone that might find this useful. I will be putting my new core setup on the vault and posting links here soon.
Fireboar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um... why is this posted three times, in three different forums?
ShaDoOoW

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think PRC has something similar long ago, calls it precacher...
metamud

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fireboar wrote:
Um... why is this posted three times, in three different forums?

He's crossposting .. considered Evil since the days of NetNews... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: