logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playerlist Disabling?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zebranky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

See http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1104 for the Subversion repository URL and the command(s) to access it. If you need more help, that's the place to ask.

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
Tiamas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, great, thanks Smile
DragonWR12LB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyway to get it so those in the DM client can see the levels and classes while those on the player client still can't with this plugin?
Baaleos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 16:09    Post subject: probably not Reply with quote

Probably not - the DM Client is more a less identical to the Normal Game Client.

While I believe it is 'possible' to do, by someone with alot of knowledge, I do however believe it might be complicated.

Its been said that a numeric value is sent to the server to say whether or not the player is a dm, player or admin etc, it would require c++ coding to make a method/function which reads this number, and decides on which hook to use.

Eg - Use original Code - Send Levels, etc
- Use new code - do not send levels or portraits etc.

I probably made this sound easier than it actually is.

Taking into consideration, that the nwnx dlls actually re-write portions of the nwnserver process as it is in memory, its not as easy as just writing the method/function, as you essentially would have to write the dll, to put the method/function into the servers process itself, and then program the dll, to program the server to know when to use what instance of the playerlist disabling code. etc.

I think it would be exceptionally complicated.

I currently use the playerlist disabling code, and then have my own online status page. Gives you control over the playerlist if you make it yourself.
Zebranky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some research right after the question was asked, and found the location of the DM flag in memory (at the CNetLayerInternal level). The question now is how to get the "ID" of the connection from the player list hook context. Oh... idea! *dives into the debugger*

<Fluffy-Kooshy> NWNx plugin is to this as nuclear warheads are to getting rid of fire ants.

<ThriWork> whenever I hear nwn extender, I think what does NWN need a penis extender for?
drake127

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 0:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, would it be possible to still show playerlist in game but disable whether he is seen or not (by Friendly, Neutral, Hostile flag) and do not show what likeness he has set for you (smiling/not smiling incon)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: