logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NWNX2 Weapons Plugin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
meatpuppet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 16:06    Post subject: NWNX2 Weapons Plugin Reply with quote

I am hoping someone can shed some light on what is probably not a difficult task. I am in the l_GetAttackBonusAdjustment.c attempting to get ahold of the attacker's area to apply area-based bonuses. My attempts so far compile fine, but segfault during run. My c/c++ is pretty rusty, so I have turned here for some help. I have searched the forums, but do not seem to find specifically what I am looking for.

For example:
plugins/weapons/local/l_GetAttackBonusAdjustment.c

CNWSCreature *attacker_creature = attacker->cs_original;
CNWSObject *attacker_object = &attacker_creature->obj;
CNWSArea *area = (CNWSArea *) CNWSObject__GetArea(attacker_object);

will segfault on the last line. I was able to get to attacker_object->obj_area_id, however this is only mildly useful and not extremely descriptive (i.e. what does obj_area_id actually stand for?) I would guess is prone to change over time as the module matures and/or areas are copied/whatever.

Ideally I would be able to get ahold of the module and the attacker's area.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
meatpuppet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was unable to gain access to the area in the code, but I was able to overcome my problem by overriding onenter for each area in the mod and accessing the players stored variables within the c code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Linux development All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: