logo logo

Back to main page

The NWNX Community Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Player Tracking system.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nul_Char

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:22    Post subject: Player Tracking system. Reply with quote

I'm sure this has already been created so I'd thought I would ask. I'm looking for a system that would track players information such as:
Spells, HP, location, race, and soforth. So that it that information can be re applied when player login. I have seached on the vault but havnt come across anything that saves all the above information.

Thanks!
Jantima

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize if this is not related to NWNX.
I've noticed something similar into the PW Helper features [PW Helper v1.8] Which is a system that work with NESS spawn system.
It actually list as features: anti-cheat code for login/logout cheat (save & restore Hps, spells, & feats)
I guess this sytem save and load the informations by PrintString() on the log file.
Remy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

in regards to spells, it seems like restoring spell uses upon login exactly to the number of remaining spell uses prior to logout isn't possible because of some issues with the DecrementRemainingSpellUses function.

http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=411607&forum=47

if there are ways around this function's limitations, i'd love to here them...
chunkymonky

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would oncliententer scripts and onclientleave scripts be useful for these ends?

Seems automatically writing to the DB any pertinent info about the players as they come and go would be the thing to do.
Parsec

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using Satchmo's system and adapt it to store to your database tables rather then the Bioware one.

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/scripts/data/1071676333666.shtml

Combine this with setting a marker within a table for player death using the mod ondeath event and you have a reasonable system.

Note: Flag the player dead in the Ondeath event script then remove that flag within any ressurrection or raise dead spell scripts. Have OnClient Enter check the table for the flag and if exists, kill the bastard.

Then to add further insult keep a track of the number of deaths a player has suffered (using Ondeath again). Thus any who exit and return trying to beat the system get credited with double score on their death record. Then employ a system whereby once a character achives so many deaths, some sort of penalty is handed out or task they must complete is given.

Good fun really Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    nwnx.org Forum Index -> Scripts and Modules All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: